5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Frankencar Motor Mounts installed. Feels good & Fits perfect!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Frankencar Motor Mounts installed. Feels good & Fits perfect!

Well finally got around today while I was visiting my parents here in Birmingham. The motor mounts are very easy to replace once you get the car on ramps. People say they are hard, but we did both front and rear in 1hr. Given we had all the air tools and 1/2 breaker bars and all the good stuff.

But basically I installed Frankencar Mounts. They are basically 2k2 6spd mounts that Steve filled and sent them to me to see if they would fit in my 2k1 Auto. And guess what? They are identical in fit. Slightly different in size, but bolts match up 100% and fit fine.

That means for all of you who been wondering, the PlaceRacing Mounts that Cattman.com sells will fit anycar from 95-03 regardless of Auto or Manual. Some of the SE's come with electronically controlled mounts and I put the non-electronically controlled mount and it is fine.

OEM front auto Mount VS Frankencar 2k2 6spd filled mount
OEM rear auto Mount VS Frankencar 2k2 6spd filled mount

The car has very slight more vibration at idle which I have no problem in sacrificing. Also the car shifts more solid under boost since it doesnt allow the engine to move bigtime.

Dixit
Old 05-03-2003, 11:00 PM

Re: Frankencar Motor Mounts installed. Feels good & Fits perfect!

Can you make the how-to write up Dixit ? When I installed my short shifter, it's pretty cramped down there. Isn't it's hard to get a socket to loosen the bolts. Do you need to support the engine or tranny before you drop the mounts ?
Old 05-03-2003, 11:41 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

How much?

COnsidering i broke my 2k2 engine mount before, i don't know if my 2k3 will hold up as well..

ED
Old 05-03-2003, 11:54 PM

Re: Re: Frankencar Motor Mounts installed. Feels good & Fits perfect!

Originally posted by bsetiawan
Can you make the how-to write up Dixit ? When I installed my short shifter, it's pretty cramped down there. Isn't it's hard to get a socket to loosen the bolts. Do you need to support the engine or tranny before you drop the mounts ?

Well he did say he has the toys for the job.

Sweeeeeet. We got new smilies!!!!! And I like this color too of the forum now.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:32 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Great to hear Dixit i knew they would fit. I'll be looking for them to make another set. i have several people looking at them right now. Thanks for being the Guinea Pig man.

-steve
Old 05-04-2003, 08:02 AM

Re: Frankencar Motor Mounts installed. Feels good & Fits perfect!

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Well finally got around today while I was visiting my parents here in Birmingham. The motor mounts are very easy to replace once you get the car on ramps. People say they are hard, but we did both front and rear in 1hr. Given we had all the air tools and 1/2 breaker bars and all the good stuff.

But basically I installed Frankencar Mounts. They are basically 2k2 6spd mounts that Steve filled and sent them to me to see if they would fit in my 2k1 Auto. And guess what? They are identical in fit. Slightly different in size, but bolts match up 100% and fit fine.

That means for all of you who been wondering, the PlaceRacing Mounts that Cattman.com sells will fit anycar from 95-03 regardless of Auto or Manual. Some of the SE's come with electronically controlled mounts and I put the non-electronically controlled mount and it is fine.

OEM front auto Mount VS Frankencar 2k2 6spd filled mount
OEM rear auto Mount VS Frankencar 2k2 6spd filled mount

The car has very slight more vibration at idle which I have no problem in sacrificing. Also the car shifts more solid under boost since it doesnt allow the engine to move bigtime.

Dixit
Good Job
Old 05-04-2003, 09:35 AM

bsetiawan: I did not have to support the engine because The engine is support by two other mounts, each on the sides. So I removed the crossbrace that the two front and rear engine mounts were bolted to. Basically just used my impact wrench since it was a pain to do with my 1/2" breaker bar. Then just removed the mounts and then disconnected the plug. Then put the 2k2 6spd mount in and walla! it was done.

MiniRX7: You have to ask Steve at FrankenCar on that. I was basically testing the fitment on these.

dmbmaxima2k2: Steve I need your address to where I should send these mounts to or should I just send them to the same return address that was on the box?

PCGuRu2K: I never used the ones you sold me, Now I gotta get rid of those Well maybe I can fill them or keep them as stock ones if I ever return the car to stock.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:02 AM

Well maybe I can fill them or keep them as stock ones if I ever return the car to stock.
So those couldn't be filled with urethane?
Old 05-04-2003, 10:24 AM

BigDogJonx:
I didn't know you were test fitting.. I guess your the first with these mounts... I remember reading about them a while back when i busted up my 2k2 engine mounts... Fortunately Nissan replaced it under warranty..

ED
Old 05-04-2003, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
bsetiawan: I did not have to support the engine because The engine is support by two other mounts, each on the sides.

Thanks for the input.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:11 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

BIGDOG-please send them to
Frankencar Performance
P O Box 360(for post service) or
51 Off South High St. (fed ex or ups ect...)
Bondsville, MA 01009

also i'm interested in buying the other set fo front and rear mounts that you have also. i'm going to be getting more blank mounts soon now that i know what these fit. just let me know thanks.

Minirx7-Front and rear mounts-$110 plus shipping plus you send your mounts back to me. All 4 mounts $175 plus shipping i recommend just the front and rear for most people.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:11 PM

Hey Steve,
thanks bro... BTW.. just to let you know about the intake you sent me..

You didn't send me the correct clamps.. Because part of the kit had the new clamps, and part had the older clamps... I guess its because you shipped me the filter, while that other guy shipped me the midpipe..

I will consider these mounts at a later time... I know for sure my stockers aren't going to hold up to much abuse for much longer, but i am happy to know that there are alternatives for my maxima... Considering the fact that the engine seems to buck alot with the stockers..

ED