5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Stolen Headlights....AGAIN!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 09:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Stolen Headlights....AGAIN!!!!!

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

That kit is phony... You can still take the lights both in like 30secs...
Maybe... but you'll have to cut the tabs to get the housings out, and that will render the housings useless and unsellable. So you'll be taking money out of their pocket and they'll only be left with selling the bulb/ballast.

The kit is well worth it!
Old 05-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally posted by 255HP_03_SE

Maybe... but you'll have to cut the tabs to get the housings out, and that will render the housings useless and unsellable. So you'll be taking money out of their pocket and they'll only be left with selling the bulb/ballast.

Except for the little inconvienence they'll cause you when they USE A CROWBAR TO PRY THEM OUT!!!!!

I'd rather have them detatch, so I can throw them in the trunk.

BTW, this kit doesn't prevent them from poping the hood from reaching through the bumper nor smashing your drivers' window and pulling the hood release. I'd rather make it as easy as possible, so they'll cause the LEAST damage.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Stolen Headlights....AGAIN!!!!!

They can still sell the bulbs and ballasts for at least $300
Old 05-06-2003, 09:41 PM

Re: ...

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Except for the little inconvienence they'll cause you when they USE A CROWBAR TO PRY THEM OUT!!!!!

I'd rather have them detatch, so I can throw them in the trunk.

BTW, this kit doesn't prevent them from poping the hood from reaching through the bumper nor smashing your drivers' window and pulling the hood release. I'd rather make it as easy as possible, so they'll cause the LEAST damage.
Insurance covers the damage... so I'm not too concerned. What's the diff between them damaging your car and some punk with a rock, etc. damaging your car?
Old 05-06-2003, 09:57 PM

Re: Re: ...

Insurance covers the damage... so I'm not too concerned. What's the diff between them damaging your car and some punk with a rock, etc. damaging your car?
So...you'd rather have them F-up your hood/bumper/fender, so you can have to go through the Body Shop BS. They'll never match the paint and it's never as good as OEM. Oh and you get to drive around a Cavalier or some POS for a week or so also.

I'd rather let them press a button and my HIDs shoot off into their arms.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:03 PM

Look, I'd rather let them be blasted by a microwave beam that stops their heart and heats their skin when they attempt to take an HID... seeing how that will never happen...

we posted a lot about this before. bottom line is I believe in making it hard as h*ll for them with the most deterrents as possible. If they actually spend the time in bypass everything and do lots of damage, well, I never really had a chance anyway. It means that they are desperate to get the $200 for the bulbs.

Desperate people do desperate things. There was a guy here in Chitown several years ago that got the lethal injection for Murder 1, Attempted Murder 1, Felony Assault, Grand Theft Auto, and Wreckless Endangerment... all because he wanted to steal a car and didn't mind killing people and running over things in the process... just for a friggin car (and a USED car at that!).

Gray Lustre is probably one of the easiest paints to match. If not, then I'd have then paint the whole thing anyway. Every body shop I've 'dealt with' has been great... no BS... and I DON'T drive a Cavalier for a rental... but even if I had to, big deal... it's a friggin rental. Have fun... do donuts... use it while you have it, I say.

-R
Old 05-06-2003, 10:11 PM

Look, I'd rather let them be blasted by a microwave beam that stops their heart and heats their skin when they attempt to take an HID... seeing how that will never happen...

we posted a lot about this before. bottom line is I believe in making it hard as h*ll for them with the most deterrents as possible. If they actually spend the time in bypass everything and do lots of damage, well, I never really had a chance anyway. It means that they are desperate to get the $200 for the bulbs.

Desperate people do desperate things. There was a guy here in Chitown several years ago that got the lethal injection for Murder 1, Attempted Murder 1, Felony Assault, Grand Theft Auto, and Wreckless Endangerment... all because he wanted to steal a car and didn't mind killing people and running over things in the process... just for a friggin car (and a USED car at that!).

Gray Lustre is probably one of the easiest paints to match. If not, then I'd have then paint the whole thing anyway. Every body shop I've 'dealt with' has been great... no BS... and I DON'T drive a Cavalier for a rental... but even if I had to, big deal... it's a friggin rental. Have fun... do donuts... use it while you have it, I say.

-R

Suuuuure...everyone loves to let someone F-up their car, so they get the joy of rolling a Cavalier and ALL BODY SHOPS SUCK!!!

Good luck making it WORSE for yourself, but at least the theif only gets $350 vs. $750.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:15 PM

I never said I love it if my car gets F-ed up. And yes, rolling in a Cavalier sucks... but if it's a rental, who cares... pay the extra and upgrade to at least a Grand Am or whatever. Not all body shops suck... I bought my Intrepid new and after 3 months the entire passenger side was taken out by a drunk driver. The body shop (Dodge dealer) made it look and feel new again. I had body work done on a Z28 that I owned in the 90s and it turned out great. So maybe SOME of them suck... but never ALL.

and yes, that's the point... make them work for it, then end up having to trash the housings and get less $$$ for their efforts...

-R
Old 05-06-2003, 10:27 PM

Hahahaha.

Your funny dude.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:15 PM

Re: Stolen Headlights....AGAIN!!!!!

Originally posted by 2k2whitemaxi
Yes...again they have stolen my headlights for the 4th time right from my driveway. The alarm gogin off and me cursing at them from my window they cursed back .... i went to go outside and handle business but they sped off ......its like a recurring thing now ......****!!!!!!!!!!!... i love my car but damn i dunno wat to do anymore..
Sorry to hear about your tragic,but if it's me I will prolly buy the X10 camera thing(for less than $80.00)and wait for them to come back the next time and hand the tape to the cop.Just my $0.02
Old 05-06-2003, 11:28 PM

I've mentioned this before...why not fabricate a metal housing, or at least a metal plate which fits right on top of the current housing, epoxy the hell out of it to attach it to the housing, then use anti theft bolts??
Old 05-07-2003, 12:05 AM

Originally posted by unrealii
I've mentioned this before...why not fabricate a metal housing, or at least a metal plate which fits right on top of the current housing, epoxy the hell out of it to attach it to the housing, then use anti theft bolts??
Because they'll peel back your hood, fender, and bumper like a sardine can before they realize that bish is welded to the chasis.

The only thing that will help is DEFENSIVE PARKING. Otherwise, swap the 2K/2K1 headlamps if you're in that bad of a neighborhood.

Sad to say, but it sucks.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:45 AM

I'd say mount razor blades around it, so when they reach in to grab your bulbs they slice their fingers up pretty good.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:38 AM
NT2SHBBY

Originally posted by NyMaxedOut
Dude, I am telling and I swear to it.. If I was in your shoes... I would held on to a 4/5th...Whenever I park the car I would gladly post a note that says "Approach Vehicle at Your Own Risk. You Will be Shot At". Yeah, thats me. I have a bad temper for repeated violations like that. Shoot first --> explain later...
-----------------------------------------
I've always envisioned using a 2k2 HID as bait. Lay and wait for the first set of suckers to come and try to pry ....
-----------------------------------------
Disclaimer: This is my own personal feeling and am no way advertising or condoning any violent action against anyone
I am an avid member of the NRA and I too believe in the "right to bear arms" especially when its your own personal property that is being violated on your own grounds.

Did you people know that NYS law states that if a criminal breaks into your home and threatens the life of you or a family member and you shoot him, you are now liable BUT if he touches your watch or any other personal belonging, you have the LEGAL RIGHT to shoot to kill....

With that said, I am a firm believe also in shoot first, ask questions later....Anyone steps on my property, the first and last thing they gonna see is down the barrel of my military issue M-16 converted to FULLY AUTOMATIC w/ bananna clip...

Old 05-07-2003, 06:30 AM

Look, I'd rather let them be blasted by a microwave beam that stops their heart and heats their skin when they attempt to take an HID...
-R

*255HP_03_SE maniacal laughter fades*

Old 05-07-2003, 10:25 AM

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY

I am an avid member of the NRA and I too believe in the "right to bear arms" especially when its your own personal property that is being violated on your own grounds.

Did you people know that NYS law states that if a criminal breaks into your home and threatens the life of you or a family member and you shoot him, you are now liable BUT if he touches your watch or any other personal belonging, you have the LEGAL RIGHT to shoot to kill....

With that said, I am a firm believe also in shoot first, ask questions later....Anyone steps on my property, the first and last thing they gonna see is down the barrel of my military issue M-16 converted to FULLY AUTOMATIC w/ bananna clip...

Just hope he doesnt have a gun and doesnt see you tryin to shoot him first
Old 05-07-2003, 10:31 AM
NT2SHBBY

Originally posted by JBL85

Just hope he doesnt have a gun and doesnt see you tryin to shoot him first
I am an expert marksman.....I doubt that he'll even get passed saying "uhhh....." BOOM! ur dead!

Old 05-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Joo wanna play??......ok we go to war

OK...now im not going to bring my car to the body shop till maybe late next week beacuse i want to figure otu somethignt o do b4 they fix it because then il jsut have it right back in my driveway ready for them to steal the headlights again....basically since i have a lease putting 2k1 headlights would be a huge hassle now and when i return it ...2nd OFFCIAL STATEMENT... the anit-theft will not work for me under my hood is the bolts and clips of the top of the headlights still bolted on... they jsu break the plastic with the hood closed no problem they sell the ballast and bulb... easy 200$ to 300$ so i ahve no idea wat else to do ... i have a deep drive way but my uncles 1965 suicide dorr lincoln convertible(14 feet long is taing up the driveway, he refuses to move it becaus ehe claims he doesnt ahve the money too garage it any where(keep in mind he has an acura 3.5 RL) ... if i can get that vehicle out of there then i can build a tall wooden LOCKED fence that way they wont even no that My car is back there.. but other then that there is no real solution fro me right now without risking damage or theft again....
Old 05-07-2003, 12:46 PM
NT2SHBBY

OK...now im not going to bring my car to the body shop till maybe late next week beacuse i want to figure otu somethignt o do b4 they fix it because then il jsut have it right back in my driveway ready for them to steal the headlights again....basically since i have a lease putting 2k1 headlights would be a huge hassle now and when i return it ...2nd OFFCIAL STATEMENT... the anit-theft will not work for me under my hood is the bolts and clips of the top of the headlights still bolted on... they jsu break the plastic with the hood closed no problem they sell the ballast and bulb... easy 200$ to 300$ so i ahve no idea wat else to do ... i have a deep drive way but my uncles 1965 suicide dorr lincoln convertible(14 feet long is taing up the driveway, he refuses to move it becaus ehe claims he doesnt ahve the money too garage it any where(keep in mind he has an acura 3.5 RL) ... if i can get that vehicle out of there then i can build a tall wooden LOCKED fence that way they wont even no that My car is back there.. but other then that there is no real solution fro me right now without risking damage or theft again....
only idea I got for u dude is if u can't use ur own garage for the car, try and find one for rent in ur local paper or pennysaver (if you get those in Jersey)

Old 05-07-2003, 12:57 PM

Got a dog?

If not, GET A BIG ONE and chain his **** to your bumper.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:58 PM

I am an expert marksman.....I doubt that he'll even get passed saying "uhhh....." BOOM! ur dead!
Ahhh... in the service, are ya?

Which one are you?
Old 05-07-2003, 01:02 PM
NT2SHBBY

Ahhh... in the service, are ya?

Which one are you?
green berets..hahaha j/k! nah no service for me buddy....I grew up with guns....I actually have a gun in every room of my house...

shoooosh! don't tell anyone!

Old 05-07-2003, 01:06 PM

Win any competitions? If not, I'd just claim to be an avid shooter NOT an "expert marksman".

I know guys who compete EVERY weekend who aren't even "expert marksman". Those guys are a breed all their own.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:09 PM
NT2SHBBY

Win any competitions? If not, I'd just claim to be an avid shooter NOT an "expert marksman".

I know guys who compete EVERY weekend who aren't even "expert marksman". Those guys are a breed all their own.
competitions?? dude...I live in NYC....there are no such things as marksman competitions here....come within a foot of my property and I'd show u what I consider "expert marksman"...I also have a nice infrared scope I acquired years ago.....lovely things, those "red dot specials"

Old 05-07-2003, 01:26 PM

competitions?? dude...I live in NYC....there are no such things as marksman competitions here....come within a foot of my property and I'd show u what I consider "expert marksman"...I also have a nice infrared scope I acquired years ago.....lovely things, those "red dot specials"
Dude...you're not an expert anything, don't claim to be.

No competitions or formal training, ie police or military, then your just a boob with a few guns.

Yes, you may be a "good" shot, but until you've witnessed a guy shoot 7-8 targets and then reload and shoot 7-8 more without a miss that is won/lost in hundredths of a second, you don't have a clue.

Actually, using anything other than a shotgun for home "protection" is stupid IMO.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:26 PM
Banned

Damn bro, whacha got in the crib that you need a gun in every room and infrared scopes???

Seriously though, I don't think there's anything short of moving or garaging the car to prevent theft. In fact, even if you garage it, if you park your ride in any "bad" areas, you're a target.

Hopefully, this wave will die out soon, and we can go on enjoying our lights w/out having to worry about someone jacking them. Until then, keep eyeballin' them to make sure nobody touches them.

Also, since this is your 4th time getting them stolen, when you get them replaced, chances are VERY high that they will come. So, set up a videocamera (preferrably hidden) and try to record them in action. Most likely they will not be wearing a mask or whatever, so you could get them on tape.

The other alternative is to stay up a few nights and lay low waitin for them. If/when they come, get your bat/gun/whatever and go school yard on them.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:29 PM
NT2SHBBY

Actually, using anything other than a shotgun for home "protection" is stupid IMO.
well lets see..I currently own a double barrel 12 gauge shotgun, single barrel sawed off shotgun, a couple .22 rifles, the M-16 military issue converted to full auto, hmm...I have some others I'd have to dig up..

I'd personally rather have a 9mm baretta or .25 caliber Smith & Wesson but NYS law prohibits handgun permits unless ur a doctor, policeman or have a good reason to carry one, but as long as you are 18, u can get ANY rifle....

Old 05-07-2003, 01:34 PM
Banned

but as long as you are 18, u can get ANY rifle....
That's a VERY scary thought!!! Some people shouldn't even be allowed to use plastic knives, nevermind assault rifles.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:39 PM

Doctor?

well lets see..I currently own a double barrel 12 gauge shotgun, single barrel sawed off shotgun, a couple .22 rifles, the M-16 military issue converted to full auto, hmm...I have some others I'd have to dig up..

I'd personally rather have a 9mm baretta or .25 caliber Smith & Wesson but NYS law prohibits handgun permits unless ur a doctor, policeman or have a good reason to carry one, but as long as you are 18, u can get ANY rifle....
Wonder why. Here ANYONE 21+ yrs. old can get a CCW license for $50 as long as you don't have a felony.

You may have a couple weapons, but for home "protection" you only need the shotgun.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:47 PM
NT2SHBBY

Originally posted by vito1281

Damn bro, whacha got in the crib that you need a gun in every room and infrared scopes???

Hopefully, this wave will die out soon, and we can go on enjoying our lights w/out having to worry about someone jacking them. Until then, keep eyeballin' them to make sure nobody touches them.
actually I've always had guns in my house for as long as I can remember....it was a security thing...my uncle had mob ties, yada yada yada....when he died, the guns just stayed....

word tho in so far as I wish this **** would just die and move on already..but hey..its the world in which we live, so what do you do?

ur given oranges, do u make orange juice or do u sit and wait for someone else to do it???

Old 05-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Banned

actually I've always had guns in my house for as long as I can remember....it was a security thing...my uncle had mob ties, yada yada yada....when he died, the guns just stayed....

word tho in so far as I wish this **** would just die and move on already..but hey..its the world in which we live, so what do you do?

ur given oranges, do u make orange juice or do u sit and wait for someone else to do it???
I think the say is "if life throws lemons at you, make lemonade"! Just bustin your ***** man!

Mob ties eh? You italian?
Old 05-07-2003, 01:51 PM
NT2SHBBY

Originally posted by vito1281

I think the say is "if life throws lemons at you, make lemonade"! Just bustin your ***** man!

Mob ties eh? You italian?
nah man...jewish..ever heard of Meir Lanski?? partners in crime with Lucky Luciano?? my uncle was Lanski's right hand man

Old 05-07-2003, 01:54 PM
Banned

nah man...jewish..ever heard of Meir Lanski?? partners in crime with Lucky Luciano?? my uncle was Lanski's right hand man
Yeah, I heard of him...That's cool how your uncle was like that. Thing is, that lifestyle ALWAYS catches up to you, so no point in starting it IMHO.

I'm jewish too (Russian jewish, which basically means jewish, but not religious at all ).
Old 05-07-2003, 02:03 PM

I can't beleive no one has fabricated a metal bracket to go over the assembly yet. Just use the tab bolts to bolt it down with security bolts.

The concept that these loozers will do more damage because you make it hard on them is missing the big picture. The only way this will stop is for the economics to reverse on them. That means one of two things: 1. The bulbs and ballasts flood the market and the prices drop ('taint gonna happen), or 2. It becomes a lot more work / risky.

Whcih one can we control? only #2

Anyone who thinks shooting at them is wise, just remember they know where you live, so it better be a head shot (actually I suggest 2 center chest and 1 head to be sure), else you will have malotav cocktails raining on your porch at God aweful hours of the night.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:51 PM

Originally posted by itdood
I can't beleive no one has fabricated a metal bracket to go over the assembly yet. Just use the tab bolts to bolt it down with security bolts.
Won't work. Crowbar long enough...they will come out UNLESS you surround the whole headlight assembly with metal. That should look purdy!

The concept that these loozers will do more damage because you make it hard on them is missing the big picture. The only way this will stop is for the economics to reverse on them. That means one of two things: 1. The bulbs and ballasts flood the market and the prices drop ('taint gonna happen), or 2. It becomes a lot more work / risky.

Whcih one can we control? only #2
Neither. Not enough people will buy or have this to make it UNIVERSALLY known to theifs that the Maxima is not a FREE lights steal me neon sign. The 1-in-XXXXX chance they have of actually trying to rip off someone with the "magic" protection device is not going to deter sheit.

DEFENSIVE PARKING and a bit of luck is all you have.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:09 PM

For example take the "security code" on some aftermarket decks.

In case you don't know, some decks like my Excelon come with a security code. Basically, IF you enter a code and someone steals it(ie disconnects power) and then reconnects power, it won't work without that code. So, guess what. The thief is SOL. However, it's too late and he's already broken your window, hacked your dash up, and ripped all your wires out causing tons of headache to repair. Kind of like how a thief using a crowbar will leave your hood/bumper/fenders after he struggles with some sort of anti-theft kit that makes it more difficult.

Now, when this thief goes on the prowl the next night, do you think he's really worried he'll gank another security code protected deck? No! He knows the chances are slim, so he keeps on stealing.

Now, do YOU go out and purchase ANOTHER security code deck? Hell no. I'd get a detachable face, which is UNIVERSALLY known to thiefs to be a PITA to sell on the blackmarket(ie eBay) and they move to the next victims' car that they can find with a ready-to-sell aftermarket unit.

Or better yet, my Excelon has a "Stealth face" that mimics a detachable face for us lazy smucks that usually throw the detachable face in the glovebox or under the seat or don't bother to remove at all.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:29 PM
Joo wanna play??......ok we go to war

OK NOW CLICK ON MY HOMEPAGE AND GO TO PAGE 2 TO SEE THE PICS OF THIS HORRIBLE ACT AND WHY THE ANTI-THEFT KIT THAT SOME OF U GUYS ARE SUGGESTING DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!

THANX

LET ME KNOW WAT U THINK
Old 05-07-2003, 06:12 PM

OK NOW CLICK ON MY HOMEPAGE AND GO TO PAGE 2 TO SEE THE PICS OF THIS HORRIBLE ACT AND WHY THE ANTI-THEFT KIT THAT SOME OF U GUYS ARE SUGGESTING DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!

THANX

LET ME KNOW WAT U THINK

Oh man....I feel so bad for you and everyone else that had this done to them.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:09 PM

Won't work. Crowbar long enough...they will come out UNLESS you surround the whole headlight assembly with metal. That should look purdy!

Never thought of that. Top brackets would be useless.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:49 PM

2k2whitemaxi,

Man, I feel bad for you. I'm lucky that I've never heard of this happening in my area (Seattle, WA area).

I'd REALLY suggest you just get regular halogen lights, maybe put up a big sign on/near your car saying "no HID lights, don't bother stealing them", trying to find more secure parking, getting a real alarm w/shock sensor and battery backup siren, or (probably impractical) move out of the NJ and not into NY.

Quick Reply: Stolen Headlights....AGAIN!!!!!