5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Stolen Headlights....AGAIN!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 04:48 AM
Joo wanna play??......ok we go to war

Stolen Headlights....AGAIN!!!!!

Yes...again they have stolen my headlights for the 4th time right from my driveway. The alarm gogin off and me cursing at them from my window they cursed back .... i went to go outside and handle business but they sped off ......its like a recurring thing now ......****!!!!!!!!!!!... i love my car but damn i dunno wat to do anymore..
Old 05-06-2003, 04:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm sorry to hear it man. That ****es me off like nothing else does.

Just out of curiosity, let's say you leased a car and this happened to you for the 4th time. Are you allowed to give it back or trade it in for something else? I mean 4 times is just ridiculous. I would just want to give up.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:19 AM
NT2SHBBY

seems like "dirty jersey" is the worst place for HID theft..it seems to have calmed a bit here in NYC...... thank G-d!

Old 05-06-2003, 05:20 AM

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY
seems like "dirty jersey" is the worst place for HID theft..it seems to have calmed a bit here in NYC...... thank G-d!
Old 05-06-2003, 05:29 AM
Sanduguero

sorry to hear that...

i am not trying to flame here or nothing like that but by the 2nd time you should off learned that they will be comming back for more dont leave your car in there no more because this will happen again...pay parking somewhere or by the non HIDs. Just trying to help.

crooks do their homework and they know your insurance will replace the HID so is a steady job for them to come back for more.

my .03
Old 05-06-2003, 05:56 AM

It may be admitting defeat, but I'd just get some AE lights if you're in such a high-risk area
Old 05-06-2003, 06:03 AM
NT2SHBBY

Originally posted by bobcat
It may be admitting defeat, but I'd just get some AE lights if you're in such a high-risk area
cuz they are soooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooogly!!!

Old 05-06-2003, 06:38 AM

Detachable H.I.D's

They should make detachable H.I.D's, so that you can take your lights with you wherever you go. They should have something like a key lock that you would need that key to detach them. This may seem stupid and sound funny but What else can we do?
Old 05-06-2003, 06:40 AM
NT2SHBBY

Re: Detachable H.I.D's

Originally posted by MaXBoost03_SE
They should make detachable H.I.D's, so that you can take your lights with you wherever you go. They should have something like a key lock that you would need that key to detach them. This may seem stupid and sound funny but What else can we do?
yeah and add the decal like the old "benzi box" radios used to have...

"NO HIDs....I take them with me"

...the funniest part would be watching someone walk through the streets holding two lights in their hands

Old 05-06-2003, 06:50 AM

Re: Re: Detachable H.I.D's

yeah and add the decal like the old "benzi box" radios used to have...

"NO HIDs....I take them with me"

...the funniest part would be watching someone walk through the streets holding two lights in their hands
They wont have to hold them in theyre hands, Nissan will custom make a special chain for them so you can wear them around your neck. Nissan will also include a Pump Action Shotgun to carry along just in case thieves try to rip your head off for the lights. "Coming soon to a dealer near you".
Old 05-06-2003, 06:52 AM
NT2SHBBY

Re: Re: Re: Detachable H.I.D's

They wont have to hold them in theyre hands, Nissan will custom make a special chain for them so you can wear them around your neck. Nissan will also include a Pump Action Shotgun to carry along just in case thieves try to rip your head off for the lights. "Coming soon to a dealer near you".

[Dr. Evil voice] Riiiiiiiiiight [/Dr. Evil voice] I am sure ur gonna wanna wear them around your neck....

how bout a nifty Nissan tote bag made out of faux leather with the monogramed Nissan logo?

Old 05-06-2003, 07:01 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Detachable H.I.D's

[Dr. Evil voice] Riiiiiiiiiight [/Dr. Evil voice] I am sure ur gonna wanna wear them around your neck....

how bout a nifty Nissan tote bag made out of faux leather with the monogramed Nissan logo?
That sounds good, I just figured something. If I was in heavy risk of H.I.D theft, this is what I would do. Take your lights off and replace them with 2 flashlights. Use tie wraps to hold the flashlights where the headlights used to be. Hey, i dont know about you guys but I'll do anything to have a good night sleep.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:06 AM
NT2SHBBY

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Detachable H.I.D's

That sounds good, I just figured something. If I was in heavy risk of H.I.D theft, this is what I would do. Take your lights off and replace them with 2 flashlights. Use tie wraps to hold the flashlights where the headlights used to be. Hey, i dont know about you guys but I'll do anything to have a good night sleep.

sure I'm gonna take a $28,000 car and make it look like $.05 with two cheezy maglights as headlights......

and ur telling that this post isn't useless??

Old 05-06-2003, 07:09 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U mean worthless like this little post ? Dont start me up today sweetheart, youll end up in the dirt.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:23 AM

Re: Stolen Headlights....AGAIN!!!!!

Originally posted by 2k2whitemaxi
Yes...again they have stolen my headlights for the 4th time right from my driveway. The alarm gogin off and me cursing at them from my window they cursed back .... i went to go outside and handle business but they sped off ......its like a recurring thing now ......****!!!!!!!!!!!... i love my car but damn i dunno wat to do anymore..
If they haven't already done so; the insurance company is going to start to question this. My sister works for State Farm and any time a client have multiple claims they start to investigate.

I know you are the victim, but the way this world is, the victim is always wrong.

Maybe it's time to consider your other options. 4 time is crazy, maybe it time to get a burner .

Good Luck bro
Hope everything works out
Old 05-06-2003, 07:30 AM

Man, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that....
Old 05-06-2003, 07:35 AM
Jedi Knight

IBTL....sucks they got you 4 times...trade it in for an 04...
Old 05-06-2003, 07:36 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Either you made the news, or your not the only person to have them stolen 4 times: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=213085 (check first post)
Old 05-06-2003, 07:53 AM

You saw them do it? Did you get a license plate number? Description of the fu@k wads? Call the cops?
Old 05-06-2003, 08:10 AM

Didn't Nissan just come out with a anti theft lock for the HID's. I saw it in the news last night
Old 05-06-2003, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by chinito
Didn't Nissan just come out with a anti theft lock for the HID's. I saw it in the news last night
Is it this?

HID THEFT
Old 05-06-2003, 08:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ouch, there would definately be a sign on my lawn reading "Trespassers will be shot" and a trip down to the local Colt dealer would be next. One time is too many we're trying to have a civilization here and scum have to ruin it.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:18 AM

Old 05-06-2003, 09:47 AM

Yes...again they have stolen my headlights for the 4th time right from my driveway. The alarm gogin off and me cursing at them from my window they cursed back .... i went to go outside and handle business but they sped off ......its like a recurring thing now ......****!!!!!!!!!!!... i love my car but damn i dunno wat to do anymore
Tape a couple razors to your HID's (between hood and HID)......They'll never be back at least not with all fingers!!!
Old 05-06-2003, 12:06 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

not recommended
Old 05-06-2003, 12:07 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Hogan?
Old 05-06-2003, 12:14 PM
NT2SHBBY

Re: Re: Stolen Headlights....AGAIN!!!!!

Originally posted by BennysMAXIMA

Tape a couple razors to your HID's (between hood and HID)......They'll never be back at least not with all fingers!!!
yeah and cut urself tryin to open ur own hood!

Old 05-06-2003, 01:32 PM

Ok... alot of questions have been asked and alot of suggestions but the thing is that that "ANTI-THEFT" KIt fisrt,,brings a hood lock (which all they do is rip the headlgiht out with a crowbar...and dont open the hood)..second it brings bolts for the headlights that dont unscrew and lock in palce but around here atleast they rip the plastic thing right offf with bolts still attached anyway .....

And for the LEase thing yes i do ahve a lease and after the 2nd time i went to talk to the dealer and they said the only somewhat close payment to mine they can do is give me a pathfinder base model(kepp in min i have all options on my max except navi)for $100 more a month and a 5 year lease when my lease is over in 1 year so i said HELL NO!! so i was left putting a car cover on my car to disguise it in my driveway and it was working for a whiel until today....damnit!!!!
Old 05-06-2003, 01:40 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Sorry to hear it.

IF you buy 2K-2K1 headlights, I'll send you instructions on how to wire them up.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:55 PM

get the bolt on HID theft kit thingy
i dont understand how come you never put it on...if you saw that they stole it a few times , you should have searched into it

i wouldnt get AE or 2k/2k1 lights because the 2k2s are juts better lol

but look into those HID theft kits...hope that it will not bring them back

the razor suggestion was a good one, but i'm pretty sure your car wont look nice after one of them cuts himself off trying to open the hood, they'll just screw up your car even worse
Old 05-06-2003, 02:57 PM

Originally posted by 2001SE
get the bolt on HID theft kit thingy
i dont understand how come you never put it on...if you saw that they stole it a few times , you should have searched into it

i wouldnt get AE or 2k/2k1 lights because the 2k2s are juts better lol

but look into those HID theft kits...hope that it will not bring them back

the razor suggestion was a good one, but i'm pretty sure your car wont look nice after one of them cuts himself off trying to open the hood, they'll just screw up your car even worse
AS I SAID before if u looked a wat i types two msg's above yours "the thing is that that "ANTI-THEFT" KIt fisrt,,brings a hood lock (which all they do is rip the headlgiht out with a crowbar...and dont open the hood)..second it brings bolts for the headlights that dont unscrew and lock in palce but around here atleast they rip the plastic thing right offf with bolts still attached anyway .....
Old 05-06-2003, 05:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

what cars do the thieves use the stolen lights on? just other 5th gen maximas?
Old 05-06-2003, 05:09 PM
NT2SHBBY

Originally posted by bgack
what cars do the thieves use the stolen lights on? just other 5th gen maximas?
the lights as a whole can be used on all 5th gens, but the actual bulbs and ballasts along with the wiring (minus the housings) can be retrofitted for basically any car out there.....

Old 05-06-2003, 05:18 PM

Whose idea was it for the drone guns and all them things?? That's a good idea.

Sorry for your loss dude . I'd jump in the car right away and chase after them.:
Old 05-06-2003, 05:26 PM

Dude, I am telling and I swear to it.. If I was in your shoes... I would held on to a 4/5th...Whenever I park the car I would gladly post a note that says "Approach Vehicle at Your Own Risk. You Will be Shot At". Yeah, thats me. I have a bad temper for repeated violations like that. Shoot first --> explain later...
-----------------------------------------
I've always envisioned using a 2k2 HID as bait. Lay and wait for the first set of suckers to come and try to pry ....
-----------------------------------------
Disclaimer: This is my own personal feeling and am no way advertising or condoning any violent action against anyone
Old 05-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Granny Driven

FOR THE MILLIONS TIME. GET 2k_2k1 HEADLIGHTS. Keep a set of 2k2 at home so you can put it back on when the lease is up. Its so simple.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Or you can trade your HIDs for my 2K1 Headlights!!!! I'll even put them in a nice gift bag and a free pizza coupon!!
That will stop' em from stealing them.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:33 PM

get a gun thats all i got to say. i didnt say kill them just shot them where it hurts like the leg haha they wont be back
Old 05-06-2003, 06:43 PM

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...de=A33KT-HDLCK

2002-2003 Maxima Headlight Theft-deterence Kit. Maybe you should get this!!!
Old 05-06-2003, 07:00 PM

Re: Re: Stolen Headlights....AGAIN!!!!!

Originally posted by Trance Artur

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...de=A33KT-HDLCK

2002-2003 Maxima Headlight Theft-deterence Kit. Maybe you should get this!!!
That kit is phony... You can still take the lights both in like 30secs...

Quick Reply: Stolen Headlights....AGAIN!!!!!