5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

What can we do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 09:24 PM

What can we do?

Man, my car doesn't feel fast anymore. I have the intake, what can i do? I don't think I'll notice doing any Exhaust work. Does advance timing really help? Anyone Dyno. Any ypipes out there for 3.5l? I raced a 1.8T Beetle today, and the thing was rigth up my ***. I spoke to the driver, he had intake, chip, exhuast.....and on. What can we do to stay ontop.....anything?
Old 05-13-2003, 09:35 PM
jjs

Re: What can we do?

Originally posted by Greek to the Max
Man, my car doesn't feel fast anymore. I have the intake, what can i do? I don't think I'll notice doing any Exhaust work. Does advance timing really help? Anyone Dyno. Any ypipes out there for 3.5l? I raced a 1.8T Beetle today, and the thing was rigth up my ***. I spoke to the driver, he had intake, chip, exhuast.....and on. What can we do to stay ontop.....anything?
Word has it that there are some kits in the works for the 3.5.

As for the 1.8T, it is amazing what can be done to those VW turbo motors...however the long term reliability has yet to be fully determined.

As for not 'feeling fast' anymore...you, my friend, are chasing an elusive and futile quest. No matter what level of speed/quickness you have, eventually it will feel 'slower' than what you want. Kind of like a junkie looking for the next better fix, same with this quest...and it could turn out to be just as expensive.

Best of luck.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Re: Re: What can we do?

Originally posted by jjs

Kind of like a junkie looking for the next better fix, same with this quest...and it could turn out to be just as expensive.
My life story. Don't get a credit card.

Anyhow, I am itching for those headers. I don't think I am going to boost the Max if it ever becomes possible. I vow to never, ever, have a gauge pod in my car again.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:39 PM

There was a post about some Cams out for the 350Z. Those should work in our car as well and give you a pretty good boost. THey are pricy though. On the VW, it is not too hard to get the 1.8T closse to 300HP with a few Mods.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:49 AM

Are the headers available?
Old 05-14-2003, 08:22 AM

Re: Re: What can we do?

Originally posted by jjs

As for not 'feeling fast' anymore...you, my friend, are chasing an elusive and futile quest. No matter what level of speed/quickness you have, eventually it will feel 'slower' than what you want. Kind of like a junkie looking for the next better fix, same with this quest...and it could turn out to be just as expensive.