5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Need help 2k2 with mod

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 10:25 AM

Need help 2k2 with mod

I have 2k2 Max and I added the following mods: Inject cold-air intake, Courtesey Nissan FSTB, and Eibach prokit springs. My problems are the following: Once I changed the springs the ride is rough and I keep hearing a Cling sound from my front struts even over the smallest bump. So I am thinking about changing my front stock struts to something that is going to make my ride little kind than it is now. My second problem is with the FSTB which currently touching the engine and every time the engine shakes I hear a type of rattle sound and I feel a vibration on steering wheel.
So I would really appreciate if anyone responds with some suggestions.
This is my third Maxima (91,97,2002) I will stay Maxima's lvr regardless. Picture will follow soon...
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:43 AM

Re: Need help 2k2 with mod

Originally posted by lv2dmax
I have 2k2 Max and I added the following mods: Inject cold-air intake, Courtesey Nissan FSTB, and Eibach prokit springs. My problems are the following: Once I changed the springs the ride is rough and I keep hearing a Cling sound from my front struts even over the smallest bump. So I am thinking about changing my front stock struts to something that is going to make my ride little kind than it is now. My second problem is with the FSTB which currently touching the engine and every time the engine shakes I hear a type of rattle sound and I feel a vibration on steering wheel.
This is my third Maxima (91,97,2002) I will stay Maxima's lvr regardless. Picture will follow soon...
Thanks in advance.
Hmm, I have Stillen FSTB and it doesn't touch engine at all. I think you need to rotate the Courtesy FSTB for it to clear better.
About springs, I have H&Rs and love the ride. It rides almost as stock, but more control and car looks 1000 times better.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:39 AM

Re: Need help 2k2 with mod

Originally posted by lv2dmax
Thanks in advance.
The Courtesy FSTB contact with the manifold is a common problem, especially in reverse when the engine lifts. I angled/rotated the bar forward a little and placed washers(only one will fit) under the mounting plates to give it a little clearance. As for the struts making noise, did you re-install the rubber sleeves when you put on the new strings? It might help reduce the noise.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:17 PM

Re: Re: Need help 2k2 with mod

Originally posted by MaximaDisciple

The Courtesy FSTB contact with the manifold is a common problem, especially in reverse when the engine lifts. I angled/rotated the bar forward a little and placed washers(only one will fit) under the mounting plates to give it a little clearance. As for the struts making noise, did you re-install the rubber sleeves when you put on the new strings? It might help reduce the noise.
It worked!! Thank you all.
The guy that installed the springs and the FSTB did not center the bar so it was leaning more to one the left which resulted in more contact with the engine. Regarding the springs He did put the rubber sleeves. Any suggestion on what type of struts I should replace my stocks with? I would like to keep a descent ride. Tires/reams anyone?

Thanks again!!
Old 05-15-2003, 07:48 PM

I had the same noise comming from my front struts when i installed my eibach springs. The problem was a loose bolt that was connected directly to the strut. To fix the problem tighten the center bolt that is visable from the engine bay on each strut. Hope this helps.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:30 PM
teddibear703

make sure the plastic bearing piece is on the strut at the top. My installer forgot to put it back the first time.