5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Dont laugh.....if u can....(LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 01:26 AM

Dont laugh.....if u can....(LONG)

Tell u guys a great story.

This morning, I went to McDonald's to get some breakfast for my Santa Barbara trip. So i drove to the drivethru entrance, I was going to get the salads cuz of i am on diet. Then, when i look at the price..."what...$3.99 for some juicy grass??" so i decided not to eat....

the fun part begins.....so i began to leave..i turned my steering wheel to the right, and i hit the gas pedal....suddenly...i noticed my car hit something really hard, and i also heard there was a air blowing sound....so got out the car and i saw.....THERE WAS A CURB NEXT TO ME....and my front right tire was BLOWN....and the mid section of my car was on the curb...and everyone passed by and stared at me....and i blocked the drivethru entrance...i was so emberassed...so what could i do? of course, i hit the gas pedal again to get off the curb...

and i noticed....need to spend $150 to get a new tire cuz of my stupidness (and of course, i have my spare tire in the trunk)

so....anybody can do this kind of thing like me?? hmm...i guess not
Old 05-18-2003, 01:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Dont laugh.....if u can....(LONG)

Originally posted by skyjay617

This morning, I went to McDonald's to get some breakfast for my Santa Barbara trip. So i drove to the drivethru entrance, I was going to get the salads cuz of i am on diet. Then, when i look at the price..."what...$3.99 for some juicy grass??" so i decided not to eat....

the fun part begins.....so i began to leave..i turned my steering wheel to the right, and i hit the gas pedal....suddenly...i noticed my car hit something really hard, and i also heard there was a air blowing sound....so got out the car and i saw.....THERE WAS A CURB NEXT TO ME....and my front right tire was BLOWN....and the mid section of my car was on the curb...and everyone passed by and stared at me....and i blocked the drivethru entrance...i was so emberassed...so what could i do? of course, i hit the gas pedal again to get off the curb...

and i noticed....need to spend $150 to get a new tire cuz of my stupidness (and of course, i have my spare tire in the trunk)

sorry.
Old 05-18-2003, 01:49 AM

that something funny for sure..
Old 05-18-2003, 01:55 AM

Sorry man, that blows. Ive seen some1 do this be4 at a Jacki in the Box. They wouldnt quite though, she finally rode that taurus onto the curb and finally gave up since both front tires were off the ground.
Old 05-18-2003, 04:32 AM
It's chrome alright...

sorry to hear it, but at least it was only a mc-d's drivethrough.... I saw someone do that on the lower deck of route 93 leading into boston during rush hour - to put it in perspective, you blocked a drivethrough lane and blew a tire, that guy blocked the whole HOV lane and the left lane of normal traffic traffic at 8am.

that guy had to deal with 20-30,000 PO-ed commuters, the most you did was save a heart attack or two that day.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:10 AM

About 5 years ago, I was out of town and my wife was driving my '96 Max for the weekend. She went to get gas and after she filled up, she started pull away from the island. She then heard a loud scraping sound. Instead of stopping the car to see what was causing it, she figured she'd keep driving and it would go away. Well it did go away eventually. She had scraped the side of the car by running it into the pump island. And that's when she blew the rear tire. And to top it off, she called me that night to tell me about and blamed me for the whole thing because if I hadn't gone out of town, she never would have driven my car and this whole thing never would have happened.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:13 AM
Blu
the tits

man that blows........I did this once at the bank drive through ATM in my 93 max. I smoked up the road trying to get off it
Old 05-18-2003, 07:24 AM

dam bad luck.....
Old 05-18-2003, 07:26 AM

hhehehee juciy grass...
Old 05-18-2003, 08:04 AM
Banned

Originally posted by ducats
About 5 years ago, I was out of town and my wife was driving my '96 Max for the weekend. She went to get gas and after she filled up, she started pull away from the island. She then heard a loud scraping sound. Instead of stopping the car to see what was causing it, she figured she'd keep driving and it would go away. Well it did go away eventually. She had scraped the side of the car by running it into the pump island. And that's when she blew the rear tire. And to top it off, she called me that night to tell me about and blamed me for the whole thing because if I hadn't gone out of town, she never would have driven my car and this whole thing never would have happened.
This story "almost" topped skyjay's, especially with your wife blaming you for the whole thing!

The moral of this story: Don't go thru drive-thru's
Old 05-18-2003, 12:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

This reminds me of a time when I was in my best friend Chesters civic in a parking lot ready to leave when he drove forward instead of reverse and he didnt know it but there was aparking block that he drove over and the car came down hard on top of it. of course there was plenty of people in the parking lot to stare and laugh at us
Old 05-18-2003, 12:17 PM

Originally posted by mingo
hhehehee juciy grass...

Old 05-18-2003, 05:18 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Same thing happened to me when I had my Intrepid... only it happened in the toll lane with the high curbs and I hit it as I was pulling out...

-R
Old 05-19-2003, 12:19 AM

and now i have the problem.....i can't find any Pirelli P7000 235/40/18 tires....everywhere is out of stock...i am in big trouble now, dont know when can i drive my car....
Old 05-19-2003, 12:58 AM

Re: Dont laugh.....if u can....(LONG)

Originally posted by skyjay617

ur rolling in a 2k2 with rims and cant swing 3.99 for a salad??? wtf? i spend 12 bucks on breakfast all the time...

OWNED
Old 05-19-2003, 05:21 AM
NT2SHBBY

thats actually pretty dumb considering you're dropped and on 18's.... I realized that after dropping my car, there are certain things the car can't do and things it can do better....going over curbs is one thing it CAN'T do!!!

Old 05-19-2003, 06:18 AM
It's chrome alright...

Re: Re: Dont laugh.....if u can....(LONG)

Originally posted by 2000MaximaSE

ur rolling in a 2k2 with rims and cant swing 3.99 for a salad??? wtf? i spend 12 bucks on breakfast all the time...

OWNED
he didn't say he couldn't afford it, he said he didn't want to pay that much for a salad (btw, try Wendy's next time, cheaper salad and better selection)

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY
thats actually pretty dumb considering you're dropped and on 18's.... I realized that after dropping my car, there are certain things the car can't do and things it can do better....going over curbs is one thing it CAN'T do!!!

get off his back... he didn't know the curb was there
Old 05-19-2003, 07:58 AM
Banned

woww, getting tense........