5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

noob question about tsb

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 12:00 AM

noob question about tsb

so if i take my 2k maxima with all the tsb pages copied for them then does that mean that they have to fix all those repairs or can they just tell u ya ya we looked into it but didnt find anything.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:14 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: noob question about tsb

Originally posted by MAX GUY
so if i take my 2k maxima with all the tsb pages copied for them then does that mean that they have to fix all those repairs or can they just tell u ya ya we looked into it but didnt find anything.
[VENT][RANT]
Depends on the dealer. A typical scenario will be as follows:

You'll explain the tsb and the problem and be greeted by the vacant stare of the service writer who will say "huh, we don't know anything about that."

Then you will have to explain what you want done to the service writer.

He/she will then nod as if they understand you perfectly and write something down that has nothing to do with what you asked (like "check car").

When you call to ask the service writer if the car is ready - they'll say- "of course sir, it's all ready to go"

When you get there, the car will be sitting in the same spot it was when you left and the service writer will tell you "we got it all fixed up for you."

Then, when you ask to see the ticket to determine what was done, you'll get mumbo jumbo followed by "well, the tech walked out and looked at the car and it looked fine so didn't do anything."

You will then explain AGAIN what you want done and ask to talk to the tech.

The service writer will tell you- "no way - his time is valuable - can't do that"

At that point, you will ask for the service manager.

The service manager will appear to be cooperative and will tell you "we'll take a look at it - but you'll have to come back another day and leave the car again."

Having no choice, you'll bring it back and drop it off. You'll talk to the same service writer and he'll tell you "we'll look at it"

Then, when you call to see if the car is ready, the service writer will tell you - "the service manager isn't in today so we haven't looked at the car. I don't know what to tell you regarding what you've asked"

You will again ask to talk to the tech - and the service writer will tell you "no."

Because you are now ****ed, you'll pick up the car and decide to bring it back when the service manager is there. Of course, to do that you'll have to call the service manager and get a day he is there. This will go on for at least a week.

Once you get a day to take the car back and see the service manager, he'll tell you "nothing's wrong"

You'll ask to talk to the tech and the service manager will agree. The tech will know less about your car than you do.

Finally, if you persist in your attempts you will ultimately get your problem fixed after multiple subsequent visits and threats of lawsuits.

That's been my experience at least.

[/VENT][/RANT]
Old 05-21-2003, 07:29 AM

thats so sad but yet so true ive been there myself. i found that threating to beat his head into the concrete floor until its a bloody stump that needs to be washed by using a hose works well