5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Sarona Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 03:22 PM

Sarona Body Kit

Does anybody know if they make the Sarona kit for 2002 maxima's and if they do where to order one for. I saw one on a maxima and it was the hottest body kit for 5th gens by far. If you have the kit post a pic please. I know we are all getting sick of everybody asking to post pics and question that you may know the answer to but some of us on here are new and jusy looking for help from fellow maxima owners. Thanks guys.
Old 06-01-2003, 03:25 PM

Re: Sarona Body Kit

Originally posted by abdiddy
Does anybody know if they make the Sarona kit for 2002 maxima's and if they do where to order one for. I saw one on a maxima and it was the hottest body kit for 5th gens by far. If you have the kit post a pic please. I know we are all getting sick of everybody asking to post pics and question that you may know the answer to but some of us on here are new and jusy looking for help from fellow maxima owners. Thanks guys.
go to www.custommaxima.com

they have the Sorona kit for the 02's....but beaware...it's a full bumper replacement which is made out of fiberglass....so kinda easy to break....
Old 06-01-2003, 03:50 PM
VTEC This!

and you lose your side lights :/
Old 06-01-2003, 06:22 PM

Originally posted by jessa
and you lose your side lights :/

Are you sure you lose the sidemarkers? Because if you look at the pics on custommaxima.com the white car does not have them but the gray/silverish car does. Maybe one of them was customed to either have them or not have them... i dunno
Old 06-01-2003, 06:38 PM
VTEC This!

yeah, I've seen that, from what I know I think you do lose them, I don't think the kit ships with them, if you really wanted them the body shop could do it of course. That's what turned me off to it, also the fact you lose your fog lights too. I like the back a lot though.

stillen front lip, stillen sides, and sarona back may look good.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by jessa
yeah, I've seen that, from what I know I think you do lose them, I don't think the kit ships with them, if you really wanted them the body shop could do it of course. That's what turned me off to it, also the fact you lose your fog lights too. I like the back a lot though.

stillen front lip, stillen sides, and sarona back may look good.

Yea i agree, i like the rear bumper. I need a rear bumper too cuz mine got pushed in. I was thinking about getting a new stock bumper then getting the stillen rear. Then i saw this and now am debating, however i would like to have my rear sidemarkers still.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:12 AM

Originally posted by hockeyboy82

Yea i agree, i like the rear bumper. I need a rear bumper too cuz mine got pushed in. I was thinking about getting a new stock bumper then getting the stillen rear. Then i saw this and now am debating, however i would like to have my rear sidemarkers still.
the rear too aggressive to me....i like the stillen rear and sorona sides....nice and clean...
Old 06-02-2003, 07:14 AM
NT2SHBBY

sarona kit is cheap fiberglass......wait till custommaxima brings out their urethane kit..urethane is practically indestructable!

Old 06-02-2003, 07:23 AM

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY
sarona kit is cheap fiberglass......wait till custommaxima brings out their urethane kit..urethane is practically indestructable!
Old 06-02-2003, 08:36 AM

This kit does not come with side markers but you can get them custom done which is what I am doing.

Also polly urthene is nice to have because it is indestructable but guess what it's not 100 percent indestructable and if something does happen you cannot get it fixed where as fiber glass is fixable and it don't cost that much. Besides with a kit on ur car, you will not be driving aggressive, you will be pimping and pimping = crusing so every gets to see ur car.

Old 06-02-2003, 09:45 AM

Originally posted by bdog
This kit does not come with side markers but you can get them custom done which is what I am doing.

Also polly urthene is nice to have because it is indestructable but guess what it's not 100 percent indestructable and if something does happen you cannot get it fixed where as fiber glass is fixable and it don't cost that much. Besides with a kit on ur car, you will not be driving aggressive, you will be pimping and pimping = crusing so every gets to see ur car.

Nice, but how much is the customizing for the side markers gunna cost you?
Old 06-02-2003, 10:37 AM

They could not give me an estimate because they have to prefit the kit and let me know if any adjustments need to be made. Luckly I am friends with the body shop owner and usually they hook me up with good prices. I will give you all the details when this is done. I am thinking about putting it on hold since custom maxima is announcing a new kit.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:41 PM
Banned

Originally posted by bdog
They could not give me an estimate because they have to prefit the kit and let me know if any adjustments need to be made. Luckly I am friends with the body shop owner and usually they hook me up with good prices. I will give you all the details when this is done. I am thinking about putting it on hold since custom maxima is announcing a new kit.
I would advice you not to mess w/ the Sorona kit. I personally
bought the Fuc&%ng kit and let me tell you that it's a piece of
Sh*t. Unfortunetly I found out the hard way. So I have the front and rear bumper back in the garage somewhere. I ended up going with the
Sorona skirts(witch is the only fu*! thing thats good )and stillen front and rear lips. Don't waste your $$ man.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:52 PM

Originally posted by Viciousss1

I would advice you not to mess w/ the Sorona kit. I personally
bought the Fuc&%ng kit and let me tell you that it's a piece of
Sh*t. Unfortunetly I found out the hard way. So I have the front and rear bumper back in the garage somewhere. I ended up going with the
Sorona skirts(witch is the only fu*! thing thats good )and stillen front and rear lips. Don't waste your $$ man.
just wondering man....did ur front and rear piece crack or sth?
Old 06-02-2003, 04:48 PM
Banned

Originally posted by MaXiMized MAX02

just wondering man....did ur front and rear piece crack or sth?
g

I couldn't even get the fu#%*ng thing to fit.
Old 06-02-2003, 04:58 PM

damn...that is a freaking problem...
Old 06-02-2003, 05:15 PM
Banned

Re: Sarona Body Kit

Originally posted by abdiddy
If you decide to get it. I have the bumpers i can sell you.
I'll cut you a deal.