5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Clutch TSB and Hesitation TSB....Dealership refusing

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 04:04 AM

Clutch TSB and Hesitation TSB....Dealership refusing

WEll I took my car in for the Clutch TSB and the Hesitation TSB, because my warranty is about out and I want to get everything taken car of. They called me and told me that the fixed my clutch noise and it had nothing to do with the TSB. He said that they lubed the slave cylinder. Sounds like BS to me, and I told him that if I come pick my car up and it still makes that noise I will be ****ed. Then he said that they can't perform the Hesitation TSB be I have voided my warranty with my Injen. I told him that he is full of **** and that he can't make those claims unless he can prove it. and after I said that he was like..." well we really havent looked at it in depth yet, I will call you tomorrow."....So yet again the F*cking Dealerships are trying to F*ck me a new one.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Anytime deals see a visible mod on your car they pull your warranty.. You should have brought the car back stock so you won't have to hear any BS from them. But you are right though, they cannot refuse it unless they prove that your mod caused the damage. Just bring it up with their head office.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:47 AM

Re: Clutch TSB and Hesitation TSB....Dealership refusing

Originally posted by Bulldawg
WEll I took my car in for the Clutch TSB and the Hesitation TSB, because my warranty is about out and I want to get everything taken car of. They called me and told me that the fixed my clutch noise and it had nothing to do with the TSB. He said that they lubed the slave cylinder. Sounds like BS to me, and I told him that if I come pick my car up and it still makes that noise I will be ****ed. Then he said that they can't perform the Hesitation TSB be I have voided my warranty with my Injen. I told him that he is full of **** and that he can't make those claims unless he can prove it. and after I said that he was like..." well we really havent looked at it in depth yet, I will call you tomorrow."....So yet again the F*cking Dealerships are trying to F*ck me a new one.
I took my Injen off before I took it in for the tsb and they fixed it w/o any hassles.. My dealer are ****s and I know how they operate not stock = will give me problems and headaches so I try not to deal with that.. I'm having clutch problem with mine and they said drive it and if it keeps doing what it's doing then bring it back.. It's a sound that the clutch makes in reverse backing up a steep hill.. It sounds like metal to metal rubbing so I don't know...
Old 06-13-2003, 05:04 AM
swallac2

Clutch TSB? What is the cause of the clutch TSB? I am getting an odd noise during some takeoffs, especially of the car is rolling back a bit and I start to go forward. I've been meaning to take it in, but if I could go in armed with a TSB that might help.

As for teh dealer, I had the same prob with the hesitation issue. I ended up going to another dealer who I found through the forums here. He was actually the guy who posted the original PDF of the hesitaion TSB.

Old 06-13-2003, 05:09 AM

Originally posted by swallac2
Clutch TSB? What is the cause of the clutch TSB? I am getting an odd noise during some takeoffs, especially of the car is rolling back a bit and I start to go forward. I've been meaning to take it in, but if I could go in armed with a TSB that might help.

As for teh dealer, I had the same prob with the hesitation issue. I ended up going to another dealer who I found through the forums here. He was actually the guy who posted the original PDF of the hesitaion TSB.
NTB02084

If a howl or groan noise is heard as the clutch pedal is "released" (as the vehicle starts moving), · A new clutch disc with updated friction material is available to repair the noise. This incident, if it should occur, can be duplicated by gradually releasing the clutch while accelerating with a light throttle. See this bulletin for further detail.
Old 06-13-2003, 05:41 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by swallac2

Clutch TSB

Here is a copy of it.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:39 AM

If a howl or groan noise is heard as the clutch pedal is "released" (as the vehicle starts moving), · A new clutch disc with updated friction material is available to repair the noise. This incident, if it should occur, can be duplicated by gradually releasing the clutch while accelerating with a light throttle. See this bulletin for further detail.
Yep. So you get a new clutch disc. Job should take them 2-3 hours max. Fixed my problem. Also had hesitation problem fixed with new MAF and ecu flash-car runs 100% better. Very satisfied. My dealer was very customer friendly-which was great!
Old 06-13-2003, 08:49 AM

90% of all Nissan dealerships = D!ckheads.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:52 AM

I just had my clutch TSB done and that noise went away which was good, BUT after that I started getting some loud metalic vibrating sound at low rpms when car is already in gear. So I went back and they said they fixed the noise by adjusted heatshield. They were right that noise went away. I guess heatshield was vibrating and making that sound.

Now when I thought everyting was fine, car started making very strange sound couple days ago. Whenever I am in gear or starting to engage in gear and I am pressing on the gas I hear this creaking, clicking sound.
Very annoying. I thought it was coming from the pedal when I was pressing on it, but the sound doesn't come up when I just press on pedals without engaging in gears.

I am bringing the car back for them to look at AGAIN. Really frustrated that that clutch TSB caused so many other issues. Nissan service is just plain horrible.
Old 06-13-2003, 11:43 AM
swallac2

Originally posted by Dany
I just had my clutch TSB done and that noise went away which was good, BUT after that I started getting some metalic vibrating sound at low rpms when car is already in gear. So I went back and they said they adjusted heatshield. And they were right that noise went away. I guess heatshield was vibrating and making that sound.

Now when I thought everyting was fine, car started to make very strange sound couple days ago. Whenever I in gear or starting to engage in gear and I am pressing on the gas I hear this creaking, clicking sound.
Very annoying and strange. I thought it was coming from the medal when I was pressing it, but the sound doesn't come up when I just press on pedals without engaging in gears.

I am bringing the car back for them to look at. But really frustrated that that clutch TSB caused me so many other issues. Nissan service is just plaing horrible.
Hmm, maybe I'll live with the sound for a while longer. The car only has 16k miles on it (2k2), so I have a while before the warranty expires.

Old 06-13-2003, 11:51 AM

Did mine at 25K miles...So I should make it to 150K miles b4 needing new clutch.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:01 PM

U got that right....They r always trying to bend u over anyway possible... They 1st give u BS to see if they can get over on u...
Originally posted by wantasupra3
90% of all Nissan dealerships = D!ckheads.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:19 AM

What's the latest opinion on the clutch howl TSB? My 2002 6-spd just started doing it at about 16k miles.

Is it really worth getting the TSB done? It sounds like it fixes the howl problem, but a lot of people ended up with other clutch related problems.

I don't know much about clutches, but is the friction material that the TSB calls for being replaced what normally wears out in a clutch after 100k miles or so? In other words, if my clutch was completely worn out, what other parts would they replace?

Thanks!