5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

What everyone has been waiting for...test fitting of my spoilers etc. ninja body kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2001, 09:38 PM

alright...here we go...here are a lot of pics...i went down there today to drop off the material i wanted as a grill (newest issue of super street right around p100 is a civic si w/ a carbon fiber hood and body kit...that has the grill i wanted...so i went and found the material and brought it down...they had the front bumper and side skirts on for a test fitting so luckily i convinced my friend to bring his digital camera with us...here are some pics

here is what the rear end looks like w/o a bumper

here is the rear end of the body kit waiting to be installed

here is a pic of the grill that will go behind all the open slots

Old 01-30-2001, 09:39 PM

here are varioud pics of the front and sides of the body kit...since it was a test fitting, the hood was not closed completely...its not misaligned or anything...so far they have just sanded down some of the front...they haven't sanded or painted anything else...they said they would finish sanding today and finish test fitting everything, and they will paint it tomorrow...it should be ready by thursady (i brought it in monday...i'd say thats a pretty good turnaround time) alright, here are the pics

(the amount of ground clearence...once i get the car i will put a ruler up to it to show everyone, but we didn't have one handy so my friend (he has small hands by the way) just stuck his hand up there...i'd say about 4 inches room

Old 01-30-2001, 09:39 PM

once the kit is painted and everything...i should get it back thursday or friday...i will try to take some pics of the full kit w/ paint and the grill this weekend...these pictures really don't do it justice, it looks really really good...much better than the pics on the spoilersetc advertisement...i will have it done for sure by friday (so they say) so if any arizona maxima owners want to come down and meet up before the bbq feb. 10th, i might be able to...just let me know by emailing me or responding to this post...sorry about the length and all the pics for those of you on dialups, but...i'm too lazy to photoshop all of these and make them thumbnails, so...deal w/ it!!!
Old 01-30-2001, 10:18 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Looks nice! Can't wait to see the final version.
Old 01-30-2001, 10:22 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Looks nice! Can't wait to see the final version.
Amen.. Stillen kit is nice... if not pricey. AE kit has a bum lip and the rear bites (see downturned "uniqe" exhaust tip). Another option will be nice to have.

Oh.. I'm btw I'm a ninja too.. will your car be my frined?
Old 01-31-2001, 12:10 AM

wow.. i like the front end..
Old 01-31-2001, 12:51 AM
Moe

That's a bad mother****er, I'm glad I held out on the Stillen for it.
Old 01-31-2001, 04:27 AM

Nice job. BTW, I use that same two finger measuring system, but I estimate 8 inches. I guess it depends on what you're measuring
Old 01-31-2001, 05:24 AM

looks nice, what about the factory fogs? and how much is it?
Old 01-31-2001, 11:47 AM

I love the front.It reminds me of an accord... But thats not why i love it
The back i dont like though. Looks like the back of a civic i killed the other night. Where are you gonna put fogs and side markers?? You gotta put the markers back or different markers. Dont wanna go to court again do u?? Cant wait to see the kit in person! Ill help you out with the custom CAI if u want too. Im installing my stereo tonight so we can have a bump competition

Adam
Old 01-31-2001, 12:05 PM

DAMN Burner

makes me want a 5th gen even more Nice kit.
Old 01-31-2001, 12:46 PM

i'll post pics sometime soon...pioneer, i'm selling my factory fogs since there aren't holes for them...the kit is $695 if you buy it all together or if you buy it seperately, it is 295 for the front, 295 for the rear, and 225 for the sides...unless you live in texas, shipping is $120 no matter if you order the entire kit or just one piece...i'll get it back tomorrow so i'll try to take some pics tomorrow...hopefully the paint will be dry by then

i'm not gonna put on the sidemarkers unless i can find something that looks really good...i don't want to do any custom molding because that is expensive...my parents avalon doesn't have sidemarkers and i don't think the cops will notice that not much light is coming from the side of the car...anyways, no more factory fogs and i think i am getting rid of my aftermarket fogs...i might put the aftermarket fogs in the little round holes all the way to the left and right at the bottom...i'll get it back and see how i like it

i might decide on a different upper grill but i will have to see how i like this first...i liked the civic that i saw w/ a grill kinda like this so i will either keep it or try to work on something that resembles the kenwood maxima grill (w/o the nissan emblem of course)

i'm still deciding between exhaust or rsb fstb combo...full catback (no ypipe yet) or rsb fstb...one of my friends thinks i should do more suspension and another thinks performance...i love the sound of exhaust...on the feb 10th arizona max meet me and adam (2000MaximaSE) are gonna do the airbox silencer CAI so i'll see how that sounds...i'm getting new tires in about 2k-3k miles and i will get either toyo proxies t1-s or nittos and that will greatly improve my handling...everyone says suspension first but w/ the new body kit i will probably have more people wanting to race me so i want something performance oriented...i can always save up and do nitrous but...well...that comes later...first intake, then exhaust for performance...kev let me know about the udp because i'm thinking of taking out my system and getting an udp...but only if its really really worth it (i love my system)...alright, i'll try to post more pics of it completed soon

ANYONE WANT TO BUY MY STOCK FRONT/REAR BUMPER OR STOCK REAR SIDEMARKERS OR REAR CLEAR SIDEMARKERS OR FRONT ORANGE SIDEMARKERS? let me know....they are for sale
Old 01-31-2001, 01:27 PM

Looks very nice.
Old 01-31-2001, 04:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I like the front, not so impressed with the back. I think the Ninja front end would look good with the Stillen rear. The side skirts are a little flat, wish they would ave molded them a little bit more. Perhaps its the sanding and the photos though...
Old 01-31-2001, 04:28 PM

yeah weasel, the sideskirts are molded but you can't really tell from the pics...i'll try to post better pics when i get it back...i will try to remember to take a closeup of the skideskirt just for you

i'm starting to like the sanded down look...call me crazy, but i like the shilver and white swirls...o well, i'm sure it will look much better painted...i liked the back in the pictures, we'll see how it looks...they did a really good job on the front so hopefully the sides and back will match the kit and the car really well
Old 01-31-2001, 05:11 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by MrBurner
kev let me know about the udp because i'm thinking of taking out my system and getting an udp...but only if its really really worth it (i love my system)...
Alright, I will.
Old 01-31-2001, 07:26 PM

you know what

If you look at the Stillen front lip kit on a 4th gen(97-99) and this one for yalls 5th gen. very closely at the holes like for the Fogs and the louvers on it. There is a very big resemblence on the Fog lights shapes of it and look at the lower holes on the 4th gen.s(97-99) stillen lip underneath the fogs, Spoilers etc just exaggerated them to be bigger. Widened the mouth abit. And those small holes on the very far sides, look at the stillen 4th gen.s(97-99) kit, on the far sides there are little bumps kinda like, Well for the Spoilersetc kit, they exaggerated those bumps into Holes. Guys seriously Look close and examine this kit. Its basically made from the Stillens 4th gen(97-99) front lip! So really its a Stillen kit from a 4th gen.(97-99) exaggerated into this big Front big mouth kit made to fit the 5th gen max! Nothing special!!! Look closely guys, Y2KEVSE take a good look and compare pictures to what Mr. Burner has and a 4th gen.(97-99) Front bumper with a lip you will definately see a resemblence!!! Im not trying to bust any bubbles but thats what I examined in the pics and comparing them with pics that I have. I cant upload any being that I dont have a site to get them off of but seriously take a look. youll see the resemblence!!

- Max88q
Old 01-31-2001, 07:44 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

MrBurner, Who are you having install the kit? How much will it cost TOTAL for the kit+custom fit+paint+install? I'm in Tucson, so I'm definitely willing to drive to Phoenix. I'm really interested in how the final product looks. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2001, 07:55 PM

well the body kit was 695+120 for shipping...since i hit a raccoon, my front bumper was cracked and my a/c condensor had a small dent in it (the radiator looking thing that is actually in front of the radiator)...the shop the car is at is called SAINZ...it is on mcdowell and 29th avenue...pretty far for me, but a friend of mine had thousands of dollars of work done here on his integra...so i went down there to get an estimate and everything...paint+install+fitting and everything+fixing the dent in my a/c condensor is $700-900 depending on how it fits they said...i will let you know how much the final cost is when i get it back
Old 01-31-2001, 08:14 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Please do! I too have been looking for a good body shop, since my excellent paint shop refuses to do a body kit. Damn it!

By the way, nice Valentine One install. I was thinking about how I would install one after I recently borrowed my dads and decided I need one SOON.
Old 01-31-2001, 08:43 PM
PRINCE NISMO

Congrats MrBurner.......

.. on the kit. Looks much better then in the scanned pics. I love the front spoiler and can't wait to see the fully painted product. Now about those 18" rims.

Old 02-03-2001, 11:38 AM

Hey Mr. Burner ...

Have u gotten everything done yet? I'm eager 2 c what the final product looks like!

TkX!

Originally posted by MrBurner
well the body kit was 695+120 for shipping...since i hit a raccoon, my front bumper was cracked and my a/c condensor had a small dent in it (the radiator looking thing that is actually in front of the radiator)...the shop the car is at is called SAINZ...it is on mcdowell and 29th avenue...pretty far for me, but a friend of mine had thousands of dollars of work done here on his integra...so i went down there to get an estimate and everything...paint+install+fitting and everything+fixing the dent in my a/c condensor is $700-900 depending on how it fits they said...i will let you know how much the final cost is when i get it back
Old 02-03-2001, 01:28 PM

i'm so jealous..HAAHAHA..nice car man. good luck with it!