5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Dodge Stratus R/T?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2001, 01:50 PM

I know this a 2 door coupe but I've been collecting info on this car etc....basically its a Mitsubishi with Dodge sheet metal..200 hp and I've seen claims of 6.8 0-60 5spd...

Know it will probably get ripped here but whadda ya think?

Old 01-31-2001, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by jnm2kse
I know this a 2 door coupe but I've been collecting info on this car etc....basically its a Mitsubishi with Dodge sheet metal..200 hp and I've seen claims of 6.8 0-60 5spd...

Know it will probably get ripped here but whadda ya think?
Personally I don't doubt its performance but I really don't care for they styling on 99% of American cars. It may be fast but to me it's fugly.
Old 01-31-2001, 03:57 PM

ECLIPSE=UGLY
STRATUS=BEAUTY

Definately a much better looking car than the eclipse but with the same performance. Had that car been out when I was shopping I might have bought it. I considered the Eclipse a lot, but didn't like how you had to have the Limited model to get ABS. The salesman was like it has 4 disc brakes, who needs ABS in Nevada. I said, I'm moving to Indiana, and I do for insurance too, so no sale for you. And I don't regret it one bit, except for not being man enough to buy the stick (I think everyone says that). I just think that the next update should include a 5 speed auto that at least has a performance button on it like the Grand Prix, to allow redline crisp shifts. I have too much other things going on in my car to worry about trying to shift, but sometimes I really miss it.
Old 01-31-2001, 06:16 PM

I agree

I don't really care for the look of the Eclipse....something about the Stratus...I really like the lines..each his own I guess...

Sounds like most people are happy with their cars..(from what Ive heard and read so far) although there has been some problems with the 5 spd grinding gears..ack...

I dunno..just looking I guess although I probably will take one for a spin...bet it would give a Max a decent run

But that five letter word keeps popping up in my head
D O D G E

lol

Old 01-31-2001, 11:46 PM

exterior, agree, Stratus wins.
interior, they are the same. look very similar too!

to me, they are the same car. and in fact, they ARE the same thing.

Originally posted by xtantmaxima
ECLIPSE=UGLY
STRATUS=BEAUTY

Definately a much better looking car than the eclipse but with the same performance. Had that car been out when I was shopping I might have bought it. I considered the Eclipse a lot, but didn't like how you had to have the Limited model to get ABS. The salesman was like it has 4 disc brakes, who needs ABS in Nevada. I said, I'm moving to Indiana, and I do for insurance too, so no sale for you. And I don't regret it one bit, except for not being man enough to buy the stick (I think everyone says that). I just think that the next update should include a 5 speed auto that at least has a performance button on it like the Grand Prix, to allow redline crisp shifts. I have too much other things going on in my car to worry about trying to shift, but sometimes I really miss it.
Old 02-01-2001, 06:02 AM

What do you do that you can't shift? I realize that the 5 speeds are kind of rare and if you are just dying to have a Max right away, you may not want to wait. However, I waited the extra week and think it was well worth it -- the 5 speed is more fun (maybe in just my opinion) and I can redline where and whenever I want to!!!!