5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Update: Service Engine Soon

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2000, 07:22 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Disconnected the battery, tightened all the stuff I thought could've been tighter, undid hoses and relocated them, filled up the tank with new gas...

And guess what? No light! Hopefully it won't come on again.

Thanks for all your help everyone!
Old 09-15-2000, 07:24 AM

LUCKY PUNK Just kidding man
Old 09-15-2000, 10:22 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by PIONEER
I would like to thank everyone again who helped me out.

Oh no!!! Another punk on this forum?!?!
<font size=7>PUNK</font>

Old 09-15-2000, 12:41 PM

you're welcome.. and when it goes on again, find a thread somewhere from Mingo that in no way relates to the problem, or what you did to resolve it and blame him.
Old 09-15-2000, 01:00 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

<font size=7>PUNK</font>

Ohyeah.. its not like that man. I Just said that U got lucky. with my bad luck if it was me, I'ld be like DAMNNNNN WHAT BROKE NOW.. hahahaha. Just playing.. Not part of the PUNK Clan .. NO ME
Old 09-15-2000, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

<font size=7>PUNK</font>

Lets hear it for the punks!!!
Old 09-15-2000, 01:58 PM

Originally posted by foozed
you're welcome.. and when it goes on again, find a thread somewhere from Mingo that in no way relates to the problem, or what you did to resolve it and blame him.
hahahaha. very funny... next time the light comes on.. here's a permanent fix. first off remove two screws located on the trim piece above the guage cluster. lower steering wheel for easier acess. next pry the trim peice off with great caution using either a panel puller if available or putty knife, if not use a thin flat head screw driver wrapped in cloth to prevent scratching. pry from the two bottom sides of the trim peice one side after the next. then carefully pull the trim piece out slowly. NOTE do not completely remove, disconnect all wires first. next there are four screw that hold the guage clusters down, two up top two on bottom. romove those by turning the screwdrive counter clockwise. then pull the guage up and out. siconnect all wiring harness and speedo cable. completely remove teh guage cluster. pop clear cluster cover off by gently pushing the clear tabs in. the cover should now be off. lift the face plate off and locate the check engine logo. use a utility knife to gently pry from the edges to remove if applicable. do not scratch nething. scan it in a computer. replace the text with "new car" then print on transparansy. reinstall in reverse order. and u'll be fine.

next time the light, ligths up u'll smile..

the above are just psychological fixes for the car. i am in no way responsible for your car being inoperatble. i am also in no way liable for the damage to your interior nor the guage cluster itself. g'luck.. and u can't get me here like foozed said since i got a disclaimer on this mUHsahahaha.
Old 09-15-2000, 06:38 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by foozed
Good suggestion... finding a thread already.
Old 09-15-2000, 08:22 PM

hahahaha. very funny... next time the light comes on.. here's a permanent fix. first off remove two screws located on the trim piece above the guage cluster. lower steering wheel for easier acess. next pry the trim peice off with great caution using either a panel puller if available or putty knife, if not use a thin flat head screw driver wrapped in cloth to prevent scratching. pry from the two bottom sides of the trim peice one side after the next. then carefully pull the trim piece out slowly. NOTE do not completely remove, disconnect all wires first. next there are four screw that hold the guage clusters down, two up top two on bottom. romove those by turning the screwdrive counter clockwise. then pull the guage up and out. siconnect all wiring harness and speedo cable. completely remove teh guage cluster. pop clear cluster cover off by gently pushing the clear tabs in. the cover should now be off. lift the face plate off and locate the check engine logo. use a utility knife to gently pry from the edges to remove if applicable. do not scratch nething. scan it in a computer. replace the text with "new car" then print on transparansy. reinstall in reverse order. and u'll be fine.

next time the light, ligths up u'll smile..

the above are just psychological fixes for the car. i am in no way responsible for your car being inoperatble. i am also in no way liable for the damage to your interior nor the guage cluster itself. g'luck.. and u can't get me here like foozed said since i got a disclaimer on this mUHsahahaha. [/I][/QUOTE]

don't for get about that Airbag Light that flashes when U put that dash back in. U forgot the final step.. take the car back to the dealer and let them reset the computer.. don't worry the airbags won't come out. just a warning light. hahahahah
Old 09-16-2000, 12:12 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Submit that to the official Maxima.org FAQ.
Old 09-16-2000, 09:03 PM

airbag

make it say "ouch" and for the gas. make a "$" with a circle around it and a slash through it.