5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Is a 5th generation muffler my answer ? Listen to my car !

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 05:27 PM
Old Maxima Legend

Is a 5th generation muffler my answer ? Listen to my car !

Hey 5th Gen Owners ! I have a 4th generation I am working on , trying to get the overall car sound and exhaust perfect. The post has been up in the 4th gen forum for a a day or so. And I have gotten some good responses. I think my most constructive criticism like post came from v6performance.net . Again, im trying to achieve a real sporty/agressive/race like sound. I have the frankencar midpipe on the way and it will help the overall sound, especially under the hood. Anyways here are a few reviews of what people didnt like and some suggestions on what I should try.

Question: Is the 5TH GENERATION Muffler my answer ? Would it tone down the metallic, raspy, sharp, and buzzy sound I have now? Or would it totally silence my sound into nothing?

My mods during recording:

Jim Wolf Tech. Popcharger
WarpSpeed Y Pipe
CM Testpipe with resonator
Warpspeed B Pipe with resonator
MagnaFlow Street Series 5x8 Muffler

Reviews:

** Intake sounds good from the front. But, the exhaust is a little to raspy for my taste. The tone is okay, but it's too metallic and sharp. I like it more mellow.

** Try a bigger muffler. Something with a a perforated, straight-through core. But, it needs to be as large as the OEM muffler. This will maintain flow, but absorb a lot more sound energy.

** it does sound a bit raspy, something more mellower will definatley sound better. Something that will flow from the sound of the intake (which btw sounds beautiful hehe) right to the exhaust

** It would sound great if that metallic noise wasn't there. My car makes no noise form the exhaust

Click the link below to hear the sound of my car. Thanks, and a subwoofer would help.
http://www.myweb.cableone.net/kindre...s/Testpipe.wmv