5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

330ci for dinner.....hmmmm...yum

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 12:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

330ci for dinner.....hmmmm...yum

I came back from dinner with my gf and I was playing around with a new 330ci on freeway. Finally I boosted the car and left.....

then when we exit the freeway, the driver of the 330ci took the same exit and we came to a red light after making a left turn....here we go~

my gf joked with me and she said she would step out of the car to get rid off some weights and gave me better chance my gf doesnt know that I have an SC (yup, ever since it was installed) and she kept asking me if I have any chances...I told her to sit tight and watch.

first race we rolled from dead stop because we werent sure if the other person is going to race. once we were at 10mph, he gunned it and then I gunned it too. my auto tranny didnt down shift so I was stuck at 3000rpm. he had a good head start and immediately got a 1.5 car length. I had to climb from 3000 in the same gear and once I went over 5000 rpm, I started to walk him. ended up I am 1 car ahead of him. Then I had to brake for traffic, he's lane was wide open.

second race....so he flew by and I changed lane to follow. This time, I am now at 3rd gear, 3000rpm, and once I floored it. It shifted down to 2nd to ~5500rpm. 10psi of boost kicked in and the car was pulling hard. I passed by him and slammed on the brake to see if he wanted to go for a third one. He didnt floor it this time and we came to another traffic light where I had to make a left turn and he kept going straight. I rolled down the window, gave him a smile and a thumb. he did the same.

these questions that my gf kept asking me since the SC was installed

1.what's that woosh-zoooooooo(BOV) sound?
my answer : it's a pressure release valve to reduce internal engine pressure in order to keep optimal engine performance

2.what's that big snail like thingy attached to your engine (blower) and what does it do?
my answer : it's an air compressor to help the engine breath better in order to get better fuel economy

3.how come there are so many gauges in your car, what do they do?
my answer : nothing major really, just monitoring my pressure and temperature and most important, makes my car looks cool~
Old 07-02-2003, 12:49 AM
lcf

What's up, bro? Enjoying the SC I see. Heh.

The girl and I are going to see John Digweed on Saturday.

We can't wait.

Old 07-02-2003, 12:51 AM

Re: 330ci for dinner.....hmmmm...yum

Nice kill man. Lucky you that you have a blower in there.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:59 AM

hahaha...

i too had a pretty good day...

i was picking up my dad from the airport. we were driving and we heard errrrrr errrrrrr errrrrrrr...i was like yeah thats a 350z...i look behind me and what do you know a 350z weaving in and out of heavy traffic...(dude lost his mind!!) my dad was like...y didnt you get one of those ...then i think...yeah y didnt i!!! lol

ne way...

i was comming home from my boy's b-day outting tonight and he has a 328ci and my other friend has a boxster...we we're 50mins away from home... the 3 of us love to drive together so we form patterns...we were on Rt 287
(4 lane highway) and we're 3 lanes wide... then we get on to the NJ Parkway and do the same...we get off on to some local roads(RT 9) and the lanes shift to 2 lanes... now its about 2"45am...the roads are pretty much clear for a tuesday night... they gun it and i am in the middle of the 2 lanes behind them...2 of them side by side and me in the middle behind them...we are going about 90 the whole way home...it looked pretty sick!!!
we pass a u-turn and what do we see 4 !!!!! we were being sooo stupid and so carless they didnt even come out!!! we must of passed them going 80-90mph!! 5 mins later we see 3 NJ Troopers with their lights on...we're like oh ****...we are busted!! we all pull over and the fly by us doing the same pattern we were!!!!!!! omg....i almost **** my pants i was laughing sooooooo hard!!

now im home...!!!!

-vishaal
Old 07-02-2003, 01:49 AM
mjg

Originally posted by vsmax
hahaha...

i too had a pretty good day...

i was picking up my dad from the airport. we were driving and we heard errrrrr errrrrrr errrrrrrr...i was like yeah thats a 350z...i look behind me and what do you know a 350z weaving in and out of heavy traffic...(dude lost his mind!!) my dad was like...y didnt you get one of those ...then i think...yeah y didnt i!!! lol

ne way...

i was comming home from my boy's b-day outting tonight and he has a 328ci and my other friend has a boxster...we we're 50mins away from home... the 3 of us love to drive together so we form patterns...we were on Rt 287
(4 lane highway) and we're 3 lanes wide... then we get on to the NJ Parkway and do the same...we get off on to some local roads(RT 9) and the lanes shift to 2 lanes... now its about 2"45am...the roads are pretty much clear for a tuesday night... they gun it and i am in the middle of the 2 lanes behind them...2 of them side by side and me in the middle behind them...we are going about 90 the whole way home...it looked pretty sick!!!
we pass a u-turn and what do we see 4 !!!!! we were being sooo stupid and so carless they didnt even come out!!! we must of passed them going 80-90mph!! 5 mins later we see 3 NJ Troopers with their lights on...we're like oh ****...we are busted!! we all pull over and the fly by us doing the same pattern we were!!!!!!! omg....i almost **** my pants i was laughing sooooooo hard!!

now im home...!!!!

-vishaal

I bet you were wiping the swet off your head, ****ting bricks aint fun... especially when @90 mph, they can probably slap like 3 or 4 different kinds of movers on you, and "boost" your insurance a few grand a year more. Good practice, "Gee officer, I think my pedal was broke, for some reason it got stuck to the floor" hehehehe.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by mjg

I bet you were wiping the swet off your head, ****ting bricks aint fun... especially when @90 mph, they can probably slap like 3 or 4 different kinds of movers on you, and "boost" your insurance a few grand a year more. Good practice, "Gee officer, I think my pedal was broke, for some reason it got stuck to the floor" hehehehe.

yeah, that definetly was a stupid move...i normally dont do that. im a pretty good driver...you know how it gets with the guys!!
Old 07-02-2003, 02:29 PM

Those 330ci manuals are pretty fast. I love how they handle. But i think they are a little overpriced...i would throw down a little more and get the M3 baby!!!
Old 07-02-2003, 03:31 PM
Boost.....

I 330's

In a straight line of course.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:36 PM

That's why I hate our 4-spd auto's.. they never fricken shift when you want the car to d/s to 2nd or d/s into 1st during aggressive acceleration... ugh
Old 07-02-2003, 08:46 PM

The 3.5 manual (without boost) can take a 330ci in a strait line right?

As far as getting the M3 over the 330 it's about $20K more! Definitely the car to get though

Cop story - dude that's awesome. I love it when punks like us get one over on them. You know that they were having a good time racing after you though
Old 07-02-2003, 10:00 PM

I raced a 330ci last year in Fontana with DR and Zex 55 shot and beat him by nearly a full second and ran a 14.5 at the same time...so who knows...maybe it was a loaner
Old 07-02-2003, 10:02 PM

Those were the best bedtime stories I read all week, now I'm Jone-zin for SC!!.. vsmax: I remember once I blew by a cop on the side of the road so big time the noise and air blasted him and actually woke him up! He had been snoozin' on the side of the highway and me and my Bro were headin somewhere and I mean fast, 100+ and utterly blasted right by his hidden as*. The jolt actually knocked him out of his dream-like state in Baconworld and made him jump up in his seat and start trippin in semi-consciousness and start fumblin around like he had a snake in his lap. We were laughin our as* off because we couldn't help it when we saw the expression on his face... unfortunately by then it was too late for us....
Old 07-03-2003, 12:20 AM
mjg

Originally posted by vsmax

yeah, that definetly was a stupid move...i normally dont do that. im a pretty good driver...you know how it gets with the guys!!
i wasn't knocking u bro, been there, frequently : ] It's funny how some people, never learn their lesson... I for one, am one of them : (.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:26 AM
mjg

Originally posted by spta97

As far as getting the M3 over the 330 it's about $20K more! Definitely the car to get though

Cop story - dude that's awesome. I love it when punks like us get one over on them. You know that they were having a good time racing after you though
I don't think that m3 is worth it @50k though, honestly. A dood I know has one with a dinan SC, and like 15k worth of other crap done to it. The car is fast, but everyone always says the new M3 isn't a true sports car like the older ones were, as far as the road feel etc. I also like the stories about the new m3 engines blowing up, that's cute too haha.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:34 AM

Originally posted by mjg

i wasn't knocking u bro, been there, frequently : ] It's funny how some people, never learn their lesson... I for one, am one of them : (.

oh i know! i hear what your saying...i'm prolly more guilty then anyone!! hehe

-V
Old 07-03-2003, 12:52 AM

Originally posted by Jimmimax
Those were the best bedtime stories I read all week, now I'm Jone-zin for SC!!.. vsmax: I remember once I blew by a cop on the side of the road so big time the noise and air blasted him and actually woke him up! He had been snoozin' on the side of the highway and me and my Bro were headin somewhere and I mean fast, 100+ and utterly blasted right by his hidden as*. The jolt actually knocked him out of his dream-like state in Baconworld and made him jump up in his seat and start trippin in semi-consciousness and start fumblin around like he had a snake in his lap. We were laughin our as* off because we couldn't help it when we saw the expression on his face... unfortunately by then it was too late for us....

uhhhh, So you were driving down the road at 100+ mph.. and you managed to see a cop on the side of the road sleeping in his car then wake up and start fumbing around inside of his car at the same time, at the sound of your car driving by him.. all in this fraction of a second as you passed him. No offense dude, but dumb *** stories like these give real stories a bad name.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:15 AM

True, It was split second. Dont care if you believe it.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:26 AM

Originally posted by lcf
What's up, bro? Enjoying the SC I see. Heh.

The girl and I are going to see John Digweed on Saturday.

We can't wait.

: D
hi there! long time no chat!

how are you? still partying a lot?

I never heard of John Digweed untill you mentioned about him in your post. So I went to download few mp3s and it's pretty good! Is he new? I havent download any trance music after I went back to listen to rock.

have fun on saturday~ man! I miss clubbing.

Originally posted by bsetiawan
Nice kill man. Lucky you that you have a blower in there. : D
Hi there! thx....without blower or even the 2.87 pulley, I would've been sitting few cars behind him because I already had a bad start.

how's school? you still going to go back to your country after you finished it?
Old 07-03-2003, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by PeterUbers
That's why I hate our 4-spd auto's.. they never fricken shift when you want the car to d/s to 2nd or d/s into 1st during aggressive acceleration... ugh
I am with you.....sometimes it does and gives me a crazy pull with wheel spin all the way to red line. sometimes it doesnt and it just sits there like a grandma...just like this time. I have to wait for certain rpm or speed to slam on the pedal in order to have her downshift two gears......

I tried to manual shift, but the response between shift is kinda slow too.....
Old 07-03-2003, 08:39 AM

Originally posted by spta97
yup...3.5 has a lot of torque off the line and even a 2k2 manual produces the same amount of torque as my current setup (I only have 238lb/ft with 10psi of boost). I think it will take me a long time (or forever) to pass a 3.5 (esp manual shift ones) off the line.

what really surprised me is that I was already 1.5 car behind him and I won it back with another 1 car in front of him before 70mph. SC maxima has a lot of highend.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:12 PM

Those 330ci and the 3.5 are about the same 0-60 and 1/4.

Yes the 4speed autos do stink but you should try driving the new 5speed auto in the new maxima or G35... its crazy and just as fast as the manual....
Old 07-03-2003, 12:25 PM

Originally posted by wantasupra3
Those 330ci and the 3.5 are about the same 0-60 and 1/4.

Yes the 4speed autos do stink but you should try driving the new 5speed auto in the new maxima or G35... its crazy and just as fast as the manual....
porbably the newer torque converters are more efficient. but nothing beats transfering power mechnically

When I talked to a guy from an auto store, he was surprised that I only make so little (273whp) from 10psi, he told me that some of the aftermarket torque convertors do not have that much hp loss...about 10-12% the most.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:27 PM
is invisible

Originally posted by wantasupra3
If the autos are pulling mid 5s (5.7) and low 14s (14.2), then yes.
Old 07-03-2003, 01:52 PM

Notice i said "just as fast" not 'is as fast' The g35 and 04 maxima does about mid 6s 0-60 (6.3-6.5?)and mid/high 14s in the 1/4 (14.4-14.8). Which is not bad for a 5speed auto guys...

Doing 5.7 is a freak from the factory esp doin it with the "iwannakillmyselfpotenzas" It would take really good driving and favorable conditions, which some people on the forum have done stock or some bolt-ons/good tires.

But it makes me wonder about car and driver... They only got the 03maxima to do 6flat and a 14.7 ????
Old 07-05-2003, 02:08 AM

Great kill! My friend wants to race me in his 01 330ci, we're both bone stock as of performance.I have an 02 GLE. He'll most likely win, but i don't know, we'll see how that goes. We're both auto. Hopefully the VQ will come on top.
Old 07-05-2003, 02:37 AM
lcf

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]

hi there! long time no chat!

how are you? still partying a lot?

I never heard of John Digweed untill you mentioned about him in your post. So I went to download few mp3s and it's pretty good! Is he new? I havent download any trance music after I went back to listen to rock.

have fun on saturday~ man! I miss clubbing.
Yo! Hehe. Nah, Digweed isn't new. He's been around for a while. Yeah, I suppose some of his stuff is trancey, but the stuff I adore is his progressive house. It's sick as hell.

Catch up with me one AIM (moanysex) or MSN (christopher_gos@hotmail.com) and we can set up a file transfer. You will thank me.

And nah, man. I haven't partied in a LONGGG time. Not since... January or something like that. Graduated from school and got a job. Moved from Michigan (school) to Chicago. The girl and I found a three bedroom 2-flat in the city that was completely gut-rehabbed. Everything is new and pristine, even the appliances. Things are going really well.

And I have a garage now.