5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Getting very frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 04:40 PM

Getting very frustrated

I've been trying to install my clears for a couple of weeks now, and before you start thinking that I'm retarded(which I am btw), it's been 105+ degrees ever since I had them delivered. My problem is that I can't seem to get the corners out of the bumper because it is so friggin' hot here (Vegas) and the bumper is soft as hell. Every time I try to pry out the cornerlight all it seems to want to do is leave nice indentations in the bumper instead. WTF? what is the trick? Anyone? I don't want to destroy my paint.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:44 PM
Banned

Re: Getting very frustrated

Originally posted by mille_3
I've been trying to install my clears for a couple of weeks now, and before you start thinking that I'm retarded(which I am btw), it's been 105+ degrees ever since I had them delivered. My problem is that I can't seem to get the corners out of the bumper because it is so friggin' hot here (Vegas) and the bumper is soft as hell. Every time I try to pry out the cornerlight all it seems to want to do is leave nice indentations in the bumper instead. WTF? what is the trick? Anyone? I don't want to destroy my paint.
When I installed mine, I used a butter knife covered with a towel and always pryed from the side pointing to the rear of the car. That seems to be the side that pops out, the front side anchors the light.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:45 PM

Re: Getting very frustrated

Wrap a cloth or towel around whatever you are using, the pray the original one's out carefully. They should pop right out. If it won't come out on one side, try to other. If you are close to damaging your paint,STOP. There's something you are probably doing wrong.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:46 PM

I've tried that. It just doesnt want to let go. I'm telling you that bumper is like chewing gum. I can't even try at night since it doesn't get any cooler
Old 07-09-2003, 05:06 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Use some weed-eating line to help pop it out...or some 50 lb test monofilament fishing line.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:31 PM

I got it out. Thanks nismaniac for letting me know which side to pry from. Here is the kicker. I bought the car 4 weeks ago with 5500miles on it. The idiot that sold me the car must have had a lightbulb burn out so he siliconed the front driverside marker when he put it back in because he broke one of the tabs and that is of course the one that I chose to start with. Not wonder the stupid thing wouldn't let go. Why did he silicone it? Because he's an IDIOT! But now it's fixed and I'm happy. Thanks for the advice from all of you.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Banned

I got it out. Thanks nismaniac for letting me know which side to pry from. Here is the kicker. I bought the car 4 weeks ago with 5500miles on it. The idiot that sold me the car must have had a lightbulb burn out so he siliconed the front driverside marker when he put it back in because he broke one of the tabs and that is of course the one that I chose to start with. Not wonder the stupid thing wouldn't let go. Why did he silicone it? Because he's an IDIOT! But now it's fixed and I'm happy. Thanks for the advice from all of you.
Glad to hear it worked out, enjoy those awesome clears!