General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Frustrated with Initial K...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 10:04 PM

I finally came to the decision(and came up with the money) to get some indiglo gauges so i decided to get the initial K digital indiglos. So I send them an e-mail to see if i could get a good price and no response. I call them about 8 times no answer, during business hours. I left a message with my cell phone and home number and no response. Then I sent them another e-mail and then in like 3 days i get a response and then I finally ordered them for a good prices. End of story, not yet. I ordered on their secure server and now they say it is down till August 1 and they want me to send in a money order. I'm so frustrated that I'm just going to cancel the order. I mean, it maybe the heat we've been having, but I don't have anymore patience. I dunno, maybe i'll just get the H&R springs i've been wanting to get instead.
Old 07-25-2001, 06:40 AM
SMX
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Not to flame them or anything.... but you may want to purchase a other name brand other than Initial K. I brought a set for my wife car (Honda Civic) after she saw mines, well this will be set #3 the first gauge started to smoke one night took it out and it started to burn up, the second set the transformer stop working and now the set #3 just stop! I have not check to see "what now" each time it was hell get to talk to someone.Thats it for me when it come to Initial K. I have not had any problems with the one in my Max.
Old 07-25-2001, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by SMX
Not to flame them or anything.... but you may want to purchase a other name brand other than Initial K. I brought a set for my wife car (Honda Civic) after she saw mines, well this will be set #3 the first gauge started to smoke one night took it out and it started to burn up, the second set the transformer stop working and now the set #3 just stop! I have not check to see "what now" each time it was hell get to talk to someone.Thats it for me when it come to Initial K. I have not had any problems with the one in my Max.
Yeah, i mean i was trying to get the initial k ones b/c they seem like a reputable company who has gone great lengths to take care of little details. Can i guess you bought the ones from autodynamic.com?
Old 07-25-2001, 07:07 PM

Originally posted by Gotrice4
I finally came to the decision(and came up with the money) to get some indiglo gauges so i decided to get the initial K digital indiglos. So I send them an e-mail to see if i could get a good price and no response. I call them about 8 times no answer, during business hours. I left a message with my cell phone and home number and no response. Then I sent them another e-mail and then in like 3 days i get a response and then I finally ordered them for a good prices. End of story, not yet. I ordered on their secure server and now they say it is down till August 1 and they want me to send in a money order. I'm so frustrated that I'm just going to cancel the order. I mean, it maybe the heat we've been having, but I don't have anymore patience. I dunno, maybe i'll just get the H&R springs i've been wanting to get instead.
Go with someone else. After all you've been through, it seems doubtful that it'll get better. Get the H&Rs.