5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Whopped a$$ on a 6th gen.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Whopped a$$ on a 6th gen.

On my way to work this morning, I noticed a 6th gen weaving through traffic. I was feeling agressive and decided to follow. I was lingering about 100 yards back just watching him. We were on a two lane road and he was popping from one lane to the other to avoid slow bastids on the road. I knew I had to catch up the meet him at the next light. I had to punch it to get around a few cars and when I exited the traffic pack, I was only about 50 yards behind him. To let him know I wanted to play, I kept my momentum going and cruised by him. A light was coming up and I thought for sure he would want to line up. Instead he got behind my car and left the right lane empty, . I thought to myself I will just leave him in my dust and show him what an older less powerful Max will do. The light turned green and I was off. I took it easy through the intersection but then quickly accelerated through the top of first. He stayed on my tail throught the entire gear. I hit second and barked the tires and this is when I slowly started to pull away. When I dropped to third, he was a full car behind. At the switch to fourth, he was two cars behind. I kept pushing it and he eventually dropped off. At the next intersection, I would have given him a thumbs up but I don't think he could have seen me through the reflective tint. It was a fun run that really woke me up before going into the lab. If I had to guess I would think it was an Auto. He works on the same campus as I do, so I think I will go looking for him sometime.

I was not picking on a fellow maxima owner. I just thought it would be a good comparison between the 02,03 and 04. I am really interested in sitting down and talking to him about the org and what he thinks of his new ride.

PS. This was not street racing! All speeds remained below the posted speed of 45mph.
Old 07-28-2003, 08:21 PM

Re: Whopped a$$ on a 6th gen.

Originally posted by Lumbee1
PS. This was not street racing! All speeds remained below the posted speed of 45mph.
mmmmhhhhmmmm...
Old 07-28-2003, 08:27 PM
jmax

Re: Whopped a$$ on a 6th gen.

This was not street racing! All speeds remained below the posted speed of 45mph.
Funny, 3rd gear in the 4th gen SE is over 90mph. But I have never done that as it would be illegal. I used the mathmatical formula to determine the speed. Did you ever stop to think that he was just using your front end to catch all the radar cams?

Old 07-28-2003, 09:18 PM

Re: Re: Whopped a$$ on a 6th gen.

Originally posted by jmax

Funny, 3rd gear in the 4th gen SE is over 90mph. But I have never done that as it would be illegal. I used the mathmatical formula to determine the speed. Did you ever stop to think that he was just using your front end to catch all the radar cams?
No cops on this road but he did have the advantage of drafting me.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:37 PM

Yeah Right!!!!!
Old 07-28-2003, 09:51 PM
jmax

Re: Re: Re: Whopped a$$ on a 6th gen.

No cops, what country do you live in? LOL

Old 07-28-2003, 09:56 PM

Re: Re: Whopped a$$ on a 6th gen.

Originally posted by jmax

same in my 5th gen
Old 07-29-2003, 01:32 AM
3.0HO

Your car is modded his is 99.99% chance stock and you beat him by only two cars plus you hit WOT first. There was also probably at least a few feet to half car ahead of him when he was behind you as well. Sounds very close to me??

Old 07-29-2003, 06:20 AM
is invisible

Re: Re: Re: Whopped a$$ on a 6th gen.

And you had the advantage of getting the jump on him.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:25 AM
MAKSYMALNY

Being in front of a 6th Gen and having "All speeds remained below the posted speed of 45mph" is not necessarily "whooping a$$".

Taking an Audi from 55mph and leading him all the way up to 110mph until I let off of the throttle... that was an a$$ whooping.

Old 07-29-2003, 07:56 AM

At the switch to fourth, he was two cars behind
3rd gear tops out quite a bit higher than 45.

Hard to say if he was racing or just playing behind you. I do the same thing on my motorcycle with cars. Maybe they go post about how they kept up with me?
Old 07-29-2003, 09:49 AM

i raced a 6th gen once... all speeds remained under 15mph since it was a school zone... but man, once i droped it to 4 gear in my auto, i was 3 car lengths in front.... then i shut it down because i hit redline.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:43 AM

redline in 4th in an automagic is some insanely high speed around 170mph or something if I remember correctly, so lets see... that would be close to the speed limit x 11... that ticket would be intense, especially since it was a school zone...

Bryan
Old 07-29-2003, 12:44 PM

This is getting funny.... I mean... out of hand! um.. yea.... stop picking on him
Old 07-29-2003, 12:59 PM

just be happy in the fact that your car doesn't look like a Saturn Ion :smile:
Old 07-29-2003, 02:15 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I am proud to say my race with a 6th gen violated every cali law ! We went from a 65 mph roll and I pulled on him till I hit my 130 mph limiter ! I only pulled 1 and a half cars on him with my bad O2 . Just dont lie about your speed !
Old 07-29-2003, 02:45 PM

D@mn, did the org have a meet and pass out gallons of Haterade?

The 45mph was a joke (get it). Everyone on the forum, jumps your a$$ if you talk about street racing. That is the only reason why I included that statement. Therefore I retract my previous statement and will neither confirm or deny that this could be considered street racing.

It was a very good run. I did not get the jump on him since I gradually accelerated through 1st. The switch to second could be considered a jump but then again he was still on my tail and I SLOWLY pulled away from him.

The only performance mods I have is an Injen intake and bald tires.

Kloogy, street racing is bad and it is forbidden on the forums .
Old 07-29-2003, 02:58 PM

Originally posted by kloogy
I am proud to say my race with a 6th gen violated every cali law ! We went from a 65 mph roll and I pulled on him till I hit my 130 mph limiter ! I only pulled 1 and a half cars on him with my bad O2 . Just dont lie about your speed !
Thats just wrong! But I bet it felt just right!
Old 07-29-2003, 03:08 PM

D@mn, did the org have a meet and pass out gallons of Haterade?

The 45mph was a joke (get it). Everyone on the forum, jumps your a$$ if you talk about street racing. That is the only reason why I included that statement. Therefore I retract my previous statement and will neither confirm or deny that this could be considered street racing.

It was a very good run. I did not get the jump on him since I gradually accelerated through 1st. The switch to second could be considered a jump but then again he was still on my tail and I SLOWLY pulled away from him.

The only performance mods I have is an Injen intake and bald tires.

Kloogy, street racing is bad and it is forbidden on the forums .
I feel ya bro... its just funny they way you said it...

I raced a 6th gen once when they first came out... auto vs auto... i had him by a 1/2 car length until we shut it down after we reached 80 on a 55 speed limit...

We are just messing with you... its all good.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:10 PM

that 1/2 a car was from a dead stop or from a role?? thats not bad at all
Old 07-29-2003, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by Oxidizer2k
i raced a 6th gen once... all speeds remained under 15mph since it was a school zone... but man, once i droped it to 4 gear in my auto, i was 3 car lengths in front.... then i shut it down because i hit redline.
HAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 07-29-2003, 03:52 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

If its wrong , you know it felt good We are just breakin your bbaallss !
Old 07-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

The guy in the 6th gen was probably short shifting!

He would have been a complete freak to stay RIGHT ON your tail. 1 to 2 cars is not even a margin of safety at those speeds. The car behind is always at the disadvantage as it will be THEIR fault when the car in front slams on the brakes and the rear car whales into the trunk.

If he had pulled over to pass you, and you denied him all the way through 3rd, and into 4th (90+++ mph) and you continued to pull away, now that what I'm talkin bout!

Anyway, thought provoking thread.

Not hatin, just had to give my $.02.

S'ALL GOOD!
Old 07-29-2003, 08:42 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

More like Flame provoking thread.. I like it !
Old 07-30-2003, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by kloogy
lol, Yea? Well I got arrested for going 173 in a 55 on the beeline highway here in Arizona

No Speeding tickets since... I wonder why. I'm more for being quick that boasting about fast I could go now ... P.S. The speedometer only went to 140 in my mustang... It was the cop who told me how fast I was going.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:51 AM
MAKSYMALNY

Originally posted by davidme

lol, Yea? Well I got arrested for going 173 in a 55 on the beeline highway here in Arizona

No Speeding tickets since... I wonder why. I'm more for being quick that boasting about fast I could go now ... P.S. The speedometer only went to 140 in my mustang... It was the cop who told me how fast I was going.
Arrested? Probably more like jacked up against the car while being handcuffed and yelled at by at least 3 or 4 ****ed off gorillas that you outran.

Weren't you charged with a felony? Reckless driving? It was at LEAST a gross misdemeanor.... ??

Old 07-30-2003, 11:59 AM

yes... He wrote me for 103 in a 55 cause that was the speed I was going when I passed his patrol car, and cause I was cool about it. He came up to the window and asked me if I knew how fast I was going. I said no. He was speachless for a moment and then asked why ? he kinda had a little smirk on his face and asked me to grad my liscense and reg. and come to the back of the car. we did chat for a min and he thatnked me for not making him chase me. so he wrote me for 103 in a 55 but still arrested me on misdemeanor reckless driving ... he did not show up to court and I got it dropped to sppeding... I think they just wanted me to shut up .... anyways cost me about 800 for the speeding ticket. I look back and see it as a "cheap" lesson in the value of my life.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:03 PM

In arizoa the felony is called "driving with the intent to cause bodily harm" I guess "driving with the intent to kill" sounds cool but when they realized that alot of people at those speeds in recks just became veggies or bacon they had to change it.