5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Engine Noise?? When Adding Aftermarket Radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 10:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Engine Noise?? When Adding Aftermarket Radio

HEllo all.

I have a 2001 nissan pathfinder.. and when I add anything aftermarket to the audio like drop down video or after market stereo with amps.. i got whinning engine noise in speakers. I exhausted all avenues with my dealership and stereo shop to try and resolve the problem with no luck. Had to strip it all out and go back to stock bose system. VERY DISAPPOINTED i spend 5 grand on the system.

WELL NOW.. i have like some know... a 2002 nissan maxima Se fully loaded with every option possible.. I am not impressed with stock system and want to add aftermarket but AM VERY AFRAID THAT enigne noise will dominate once again. I see alot of you have added a system to your cars ...???? have you experienced any engine noise in your speakers when radio is on but volume is down. ????? please help. DONT WANT TO GO DOWN THAT ROUTE AGAIN IF THIS IS THE CASE.

the noise = high pitch whinning noise comming form any speaker in the car while engine is running and radio is on with volume all the way down. To some like me you can hear the engine noise even with volume up... NOISE INCREASES and decreases with engine RPM. in sync with engine speed. HELP>> adVICE..please. Thanks JMA.