5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

supercharger for 350 z

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 11:56 PM

supercharger for 350 z

Anyone know why that the 350 z stillen supercharger wont fit on the 2002- 2003 max? is anyone working with this supercharger to mod it for the maxima or is stillen making one? I need more power i want to beat my buddy trans am ws6 with the max
Old 08-09-2003, 12:16 AM
mjg

I think you'd be spending less money by selling your car and buying his car, then modding it to beat his : P

Those kits aren't designed for max, yet, and to retrofit it might cost you a small fortune.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:58 AM

I thought the whole problem with sc'ing the max was that there was not enough room under the hood, hence the hood cowl that i believe emax was working on...
Old 08-09-2003, 02:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Every now and then you get some1 who asks a question like this If you want to drive around with a custom hood (bust out with a sawzaa and slice out a 2'x3' chuck of hood were the SC would sit) then yes it will work. OR you could go the smarter route, get yourself a 150shot of direct port and hope your tires dont blow off from all the power, if by some miracle you hookup then you shuold destroy your friend Ws6, keep in mind this is only if hes pretty much stock.

All bull**** aside, a 100shot of nx should be more then enought for you to really put a look on his face, just keep in mind what the WS6 is, your trying hard to beat a car thats in the low 13's to high 12's with a good driver stock.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:05 AM
mjg

honestly, i'm sorry to say, but if you got to spray to win, you are a true ricer.

If i put NOS in a minivan and smoke your sc'd maxima at the right momment, are you going to feel as if I got over on you? no i doubt it.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:18 AM

procharger.com makes a kit for the 350z that will fit the maxima 3.5.....
Old 08-09-2003, 09:13 AM
Eat Naaawwwzzzzz

Originally posted by mjg
honestly, i'm sorry to say, but if you got to spray to win, you are a true ricer.

If i put NOS in a minivan and smoke your sc'd maxima at the right momment, are you going to feel as if I got over on you? no i doubt it.
Spraying is like adding a blower. Does that make you a ricer?
And nitrous isnt all that crazy
Old 08-09-2003, 09:49 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Originally posted by mjg

So by your logic, anyone who adds boost or N2O is a ricer...
Old 08-09-2003, 10:31 AM

if a minivan did win the i would pretty upset....BUT IT DID BEAT ME...NOS is just another performance mod...if someone has it and they beat u its because they had something to make their car faster then urs....doesnt matter if u get ur HP from NOS or A SC....its the same ****....
Old 08-09-2003, 11:32 AM

Yeah but if you use NOS won't that **** up your engine...
I mean..150 shot is crazy...won't that burn up the cylinders??
Old 08-09-2003, 11:48 AM
Eat Naaawwwzzzzz

Originally posted by BLKMAX005SPD
Yeah but if you use NOS won't that **** up your engine...
I mean..150 shot is crazy...won't that burn up the cylinders??
lol
if some moron used it yes.
If someone with a brain used it. No
Old 08-09-2003, 12:15 PM

Originally posted by KiLLeR2002se

lol
if some moron used it yes.
If someone with a brain used it. No
You people have ALOT to learn about nitrous! Its like a double edged sword, balance it perfectly (Yes it can be done, like stated you need a brain and alot of know how) it will provide you with immediate power and midrange torque not blower or turbo can match. There are a few things out there that can really aid you with tuning nitours, obviously you never want to run lean. Some say a lean/rich guage is enough but if your gonna run a 100+ shot you better have something like a wideband o2 sensor monitoring how the car is running and you need to know how to use it. Look at JIME hes runnin low 12's with a 125shot on his auto 4th gen and some slicks. Killers ride has some awesome potential in itself and I belive with just a 75shot his car is capable of high-mid 12's with slicks obviously.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:34 PM
mjg

that isn't my logic.

If you brag about winning, and you sprayed, how about trying a fare race, that's all I'm saying. In fast and furious, when the homo beats that hotrod, he wins by "spraying". Well gee, what if the guy in the hotrod sprayed?

My point was, anyone can spray, Why not get a faster car if you really want to have that performance? Me saying oh I owned you, because I sprayed is kinda like me racing you on foot with a bicycle. It's an unfair advantage, and it proves nothing.

I don't have hate for nitrous or something. You missed my point by a few degrees : ]

Want an example. Ok your 'totally' riced out supra, vs my lingenfelter LS7. Who wins?
Well you had a turbo in yours, isn't only fair I put one, or two in mine? : ]
I think the idea of NOS in a car isn't crazy, but it doesn't exactly turn your car into a WS6, which by all means is a meaner, quicker car (and nothing like our maximas, which are more refined, fwd quality 'sedans'). Why most you have something to prove with him? He has a car that pretty much is a very nice motor, with a fisher price interior, you got a sedan. It isn't a camaro, if you wanted that, why did you not buy it in the first place? Spraying to win a contest proves jack.

GO ahead and spray for all I care, that wasn't my point. Do you get my point now?
Old 08-09-2003, 02:01 PM

I checked out procharger.com and could not find supercharger for the maxima and they said that the 350 z one will be out soon, how do you know it will fit on the maxima?
Old 08-09-2003, 02:46 PM

mjg: You do somewhat have a valid point. I understand what you are saying when you say it doesnt turn the max into a WS6 which like I stated in my 1st post "dont forget what the WS6 is" stock its pretty fast, mean as hell ect...

We are not tryin to compare cars here, just stating what would be needed to beat a stock WS6. A few bolt ons to the WS6 and it wont matter what you got, your toast period.

Im just saying look at the results in a diff way, not the way it was presented in The fast&furious which by all means IS rice. Dont be too judgmental about it and look at it this way, it is a supercharger/turbo (whatever you want to call it) in a bottle. If setup correctly you can easiely use nitrous to get maximum output out of your motor while saving a whole lot of space might I add. It needs to be balacned/tuned, perfected be4 you do an insane shot like 150+ (which btw is candy when on a WS6)

I do belive that if tuned perfectly the 3.5 can hold a 200shot but thats pretty much it (obvioulsy your going to need a few toys to make it all work) If you have a turbo your limit is going to still be about the same but remember this. When nitrous (100shot)is sprayed at 3K rpms you get 100hp at 3K rpms BUT the torque is now up 175 ft lbs, with a 125 shot torque gain will be 218ft lbs, and a 262 ft lbs are gained at 3K with a 150shot so im not even going to list what torque gain for the 200shot is. This is pefect for drag racing where your going to get one hell of a holeshot with that much toruqe but stupid for the street to be honest. Turbos will make more top end but the nitrous cars have the torque advantage by far and toruqe is what gets you movin, and fast I might add. The power it real, the results are real, its boost in a bottle no matter which way you look at it.

sorry for the long @ss post

biggun: It wont fit, it has too many things that have to be moved around. The 350z manifold fits on thr 3.5 max just fine, but you cant close the hood The max's motor is also mounted sideways (transverse) were the 350 is straight. You have a better chance at getting a turbo custom made (your gonna need about $5K apprx) like I said youd be better off with a 100shot of NX and get the results you want (beat the transam)and spend no more then $1200ish but its your call Id personally want the turbo but damn $$$$
Old 08-09-2003, 07:13 PM
mjg

I hear ya, I never considered nitrous, but I suppose I already modded my car enough to satisfy myself. If I raced like some of you guys, it would be a great mod. Some people I just don't understand why they get NOS. I know a guy who has a totally gutted 550hp 88 knotchback with a saleen 509 i think (number might be wrong). The guy actually has a nitrous button right under his steering wheel, hasn't hit it once. The kid plays around on the street, and I think he is too afraid to hit it. That to me is just nuts.

I personally would love to see a boosted 3.5 max, but personally, I don't think I'd be up for the investment. Mine money gets ****ed elsewhere (audio gear etc). The long post is cool, and very informative. Thank you.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:37 PM

Reliability does also become an issue when a turbo is in place as well, just as any large mod... Personally at 1st I was all into the racing thing but I kinda grew out of it and try not to do it anymore but I sometimes get provoked My setup is more for just cruisin and thats it. I have more power then stock, still not enough but with my auto im not going to go all out. Im workin on getting my 19's next then the system so I still have plenty of $ to blow on the car w/o getting anything else performance wise.

That guy with the saleen is nut, nitrous used on the street it complete overkill and should be used at the track only, hell isnt 550hp on the street enough Thats definetly a low 12sec car if not high 11's depending on the driver and thats all motor, with slicks and the nitrous is say hes gonna be deep in the 10's

I dont know if you've ever driven a 13.0 second car but but your at that level, and getting into the 12's the power in the street is already scary fast to the point were if you have any common sense you'd say hold **** what that hell am I doin The 1st time I drove an SS 6spd, after 3rd gear when by is when I realized damn im goin over 100 already? its sweet how fast it gets there but on the street you cant use that power, even stock! I still love it though
Old 08-09-2003, 08:26 PM
mjg

actually, he 'says' he runs 10's, it weighs like 1500 lbs so he 'say's... It was certainly a neck snapping experience the time I was in it.

He may be fibbing, but he got wrote up in a mustang magazine and stuff. He has well over 30 grand invested into the rides engine work alone. He knows jack about cars other then what his mechanic tells him to buy i guess. Totally custom from the ground up. It's considered (if he hasn't wrecked it yet) one of the fastest mustangs around here. The fastest car I ever drove I guess... Umm I got behind the wheel of a C5, and my pops c2 cabriolet. I haven't personally driven any of these rockets. Wait actually, my friends 86 Monte, with a totally modded Small Block, he is around 500 horses himself. He told me to hit the gas, and somehow I managed to knock all the belts off the pulleys. The bracket was too shorthe said... It was pretty embarassing. The thing is an absolute beast!
I love the really hooked up GTO's and older camaros I see on the road, with all the chrome under the hood, red paint, weld rims... I like cars from the 60s alot too, the original pony cars like a 67 mustang. If I understood cars well enough to take up a project car, I'd get to work on one of those. My life is too hectic now to even consider that though (and I lack income as well : ] )
Old 08-09-2003, 08:58 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

The WS6 won't run 12's stock. With a good driver they along with the LS1 Camaro can acheive low 13's stock, but most get mid-high 13's. I've seen many '98+ Z28's run mid-low 14's at Orlando Speedway.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:25 PM

Originally posted by Craig Mack
The WS6 won't run 12's stock. With a good driver they along with the LS1 Camaro can acheive low 13's stock, but most get mid-high 13's. I've seen many '98+ Z28's run mid-low 14's at Orlando Speedway.
With traction/slicks it wont hit 12's? You know more about the v8's man so im not gonna argue with you

mjg: 1500lbs I was thinking those #'s if it was basically stock body with that much power but no hes not lying about 10's if it weighs 1500lbs, mayb high 10's but still $30K is too much to invest on a ride man, id rather use it more wisely and invest but thats just me.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:32 PM

btw-the fastest ride ive ever had a chance to drive is the car on page 3 of my homepage It has basically nothing until you hit 4000rpms, once that point is reach all I can say is OMG and yeah the front comes off the ground too, but thats with the nitrous I was not about to hit a 250shot on that car on the street either.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:57 PM

I will be spraying my intercooler so I guess that makes me a ricer? What is your def. of a ricer anyway?

"Run what you brung".
Old 08-09-2003, 10:03 PM

Originally posted by purple max
I will be spraying my intercooler so I guess that makes me a ricer? What is your def. of a ricer anyway?

"Run what you brung".
Dude take seat and relax. A defenition of a ricer is basiaclly a car fixed up wrong, on a $500 budget ect... and getting stupid **** that does nothing. Dont jump in be4 you read the entire thread and try to start an argument with some1 for no reason.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:07 PM

Originally posted by HitManSE

Dude take seat and relax. A defenition of a ricer is basiaclly a car fixed up wrong, on a $500 budget ect... and getting stupid **** that does nothing. Dont jump in be4 you read the entire thread and try to start an argument with some1 for no reason.
Actually I am sitting and I am calm. I read the entire thread and I asked a simple question. You think thats starting an argument?
Old 08-09-2003, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by purple max

Actually I am sitting and I am calm. I read the entire thread and I asked a simple question. You think thats starting an argument?
just the run what you brung part Its just too comon as of late for newbies to come on here and act like an @ss thats all. If I mistook you for one then I apologize, its been too damn comon latley. As for your question, what car do you have anyway. If you have a turbo and took some time to make it something then bottom line is no its not a ricer, even if its a honda. Its just that you dont really see too many honda ect... running anything faster then mid-low 14's even with nitrous/sc/turbo unless the engine has been built. That being said MOST fixed up rides on the street these days are teenagers who dont have any taste or money. The only nice rides (even hondas) are the ones owned by the veterans who have been in the modding game for yrs which im sure you know.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:06 PM

Originally posted by mjg
It isn't a camaro, if you wanted that, why did you not buy it in the first place?
I sold my z28 camaro
I HATED it.
So it is way faster then my Max
I agree with you in WHO CARES ?!
My Max has a bit less power...
but alot more class and is far better
in quality

not to mention I can stop paying over $200
to get my spark plugs changed :-(
Old 08-10-2003, 06:20 PM

Originally posted by davidme

I sold my z28 camaro
I HATED it.
So it is way faster then my Max
I agree with you in WHO CARES ?!
My Max has a bit less power...
but alot more class and is far better
in quality

not to mention I can stop paying over $200
to get my spark plugs changed :-(
...well sorry to be the one to tell you this but with the VQ35 motor 4 of the spark plugs come out easily, obviously the front 3 are simple, one plug in the rear comes out w/o any problems as well. The other two are a pain in the @ss, one (center) will come out but will put up one hell of a fight, the last one will not come out. The intake manifold has to be lifted like 1" in order to give you room to remove it Good thing they are platinum plugs and dont need to be replaced all the time

But yeah the LT1 motor is a pain in the @ss to work on, and changing the plugs on that car is a big pita.

btw-were you on greenway rd a few days ago? I dont know if that was you but it was a white 5th gen with clear corners and stock 17s but it was definetly an 02-03
Old 08-10-2003, 07:21 PM

yes i was :-)
down there all the time

i live near cave creek and deer valley
Old 08-10-2003, 07:36 PM

Originally posted by davidme
yes i was :-)
down there all the time

i live near cave creek and deer valley
Damn man your closer then I though, then it was you I was at my shop installing my HID's in the fogs when I say a 5th gen that didnt looks stock that I havnt seen be4 I was like You were heading toward 32nd st and made a U-turn and headed toward cavecreek. Makes sense, you passed right by my work on 31st and Greenway.
Old 08-10-2003, 07:45 PM

I was there with my gfriend taking her truck to Inyati right there
then kyoto bowl.... yum
Old 08-10-2003, 07:51 PM

I was going to go to that family treasures place and it was closed made a right towards 32nd then turned aroung to go to cave creek goodwill
Old 08-10-2003, 11:02 PM

Originally posted by HitManSE

just the run what you brung part Its just too comon as of late for newbies to come on here and act like an @ss thats all. If I mistook you for one then I apologize, its been too damn comon latley. As for your question, what car do you have anyway. If you have a turbo and took some time to make it something then bottom line is no its not a ricer, even if its a honda. Its just that you dont really see too many honda ect... running anything faster then mid-low 14's even with nitrous/sc/turbo unless the engine has been built. That being said MOST fixed up rides on the street these days are teenagers who dont have any taste or money. The only nice rides (even hondas) are the ones owned by the veterans who have been in the modding game for yrs which im sure you know.
No problem bud. Oh and I am not a newbie.. I have been around since 99 but I dont post much tho. I hear you on the honda thing.