5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

How much is enough??? Crack, snapple, pop!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 03:02 PM

How much is enough??? Crack, snapple, pop!!!

After replacing my fog lamp recently, for the second time, I just noticed that its cracked again. I bought an XPel fog light kit to protect the lense and the plastic from this kit is really thick. I truely feel that this housing is defective in design only because when there is a quick temp change such as rainy weather or snow, when it touches the lense it causes the lense to crack. We've been having a lot of rain lately and I just noticed the cracked lense. Very hot and humid then cool cold rain. Just a thought, and I was wondering how many other people have noticed this happening? It's getting very expensive to keep replacing. I know that expel has a guarantee if the lense cracks but I really feel thats due to design. So many people here having to replace the fogs is crazy. The fog housing gets hot then a cold splash sudden temp change and Snap, Crackle and another $145 down the drain.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:18 PM

Re: How much is enough??? Crack, snapple, pop!!!

Originally posted by CJLax
After replacing my fog lamp recently, for the second time, I just noticed that its cracked again. I bought an XPel fog light kit to protect the lense and the plastic from this kit is really thick. I truely feel that this housing is defective in design only because when there is a quick temp change such as rainy weather or snow, when it touches the lense it causes the lense to crack. We've been having a lot of rain lately and I just noticed the cracked lense. Very hot and humid then cool cold rain. Just a thought, and I was wondering how many other people have noticed this happening? It's getting very expensive to keep replacing. I know that expel has a guarantee if the lense cracks but I really feel thats due to design. So many people here having to replace the fogs is crazy. The fog housing gets hot then a cold splash sudden temp change and Snap, Crackle and another $145 down the drain.