5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anyone else gotten water or condensation in their clear corners??

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 08:12 PM
FUEL

Anyone else gotten water or condensation in their clear corners??

My rear right (drivers) clear corner from custom maxima has water in it. Has anyone else experienced this? There is water basically condensation in it. Do you think that they will take it back??

Old 08-12-2003, 08:17 PM

i dont know, but i always get this film on the inside and outside of my HID's what is that?
Old 08-12-2003, 08:26 PM
scopium

my car does that too... u know what at first i took it out and set it in a well ventilated area for 48 hours and it worked... but it keeps comin back cause of the damn sprinklers... it doesnt even look that bad so i leave it alone.. it keeps comin and goin away

Old 08-12-2003, 08:30 PM

i found this in the installations/how to forum

Way To Remove Condensation From Clear Sidemarkers quote:

Start with obtaining some desiccant. You can obtain some online at SafetyCentral, Dessicare, or Desiccant City to name a few. You can do it one of two ways:

Non-heating method

If you don't want to put your clear sidemarker in the oven, then obtain silica based desiccant. Put the sidemarker(s) in a small plastic storage container with tight fitting lid and place a few packets of the silica desiccant within the container or pour the dessicant directly into your marker and set aside for a few days. Check on the markers after two days and if more time is required (depending on the atmospheric conditions in your locale) then check daily or every other day until the moisture is gone.

Heating method

This procedure requires the use of heat to remove the moisture. Set the oven to about 110 degrees Farenheit and place some clay based desiccant within a pie pan and cover the pan with foil. Fill the pan with enough to cover the bottom, and maybe just a little bit more. Set this pan aside. Place the clear sidemarker(s) on top of a cookie sheet and place it in the oven for about 30 minutes. At this time check to see if the moisture is gone. If it is not, put it back in the oven and check the markers in 15 minute intervals until the moisture is gone. Once you see it dissappear, or become less within the sidemarker, take the marker(s) out of the oven and put the marker(s) into the pie pan and cover with the foil. Any of the moisture within the marker(s) should be absorbed by the desiccant. If after this, you still see moisture, repeat this procedure, except in 15 minute intervals and not 30 minutes like the initial drying.

After removing the moisture

After you have removed the moisture (and cooled the markers down if need be), place a bead of clear silicone along the edge where the opaque portion meets the translucent portion of the marker. Let dry for 24 hours, or by the recommendations of the silicone packaging and then you're ready to go!
Old 08-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I put the silicone before I installed them and no condensation yet.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:40 PM
MAKSYMALNY

Originally posted by RocketMAX
I put the silicone before I installed them and no condensation yet.

Old 08-13-2003, 05:39 PM
FUEL

Yeah I forgot to put it in I was so excited to get them on. I am going to yank them tonight and seal them