5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nissan Quality SUCKS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 05:50 PM

Nissan Quality SUCKS!!!

Just venting a little. My f***ing glovebox just fell out while driving down the road. Broke off the tabs that holds it in. WTF?! It's brand new car! With all the other crap that has been happening with the Max, I seriously doubt I'll ever buy another one. I love the car but hate quality and all the bull that goes with it at the service dept.
Old 09-28-2003, 05:58 PM
tEh Hope

VQ35 Engine kicks @$$... I guess you can overlook some cheap quality stuff inside and out of the car. You have warranty, stuff like this should be covered, unless they can prove that you placed a lot more weight than the glove box could handle. Also, how many times do you use your glove box to make it break off like this?
Old 09-28-2003, 06:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by mille_3
Just venting a little. My f***ing glovebox just fell out while driving down the road. Broke off the tabs that holds it in. WTF?! It's brand new car! With all the other crap that has been happening with the Max, I seriously doubt I'll ever buy another one. I love the car but hate quality and all the bull that goes with it at the service dept.

Dude, how the hell does a glovebox just fell out? It shouldn't fell out unless it's not screwed/bolted on. I mean.... how the hell does the tabs break like that?

~limsandy
Old 09-28-2003, 06:22 PM
92 SE-R 02 SE

Originally Posted by limsandy
Dude, how the hell does a glovebox just fell out? It shouldn't fell out unless it's not screwed/bolted on. I mean.... how the hell does the tabs break like that?
sounds very odd to me as well!

Old 09-28-2003, 06:33 PM
Faster than a speeding bullet...

My old Civic's glovebox used to always drop out because one of the hinge pins aways worked itself out with the simple motion of opening and closing the glovebox over and over.

But I have to disagree with you about the quality of the Maxima, however. I have had mine for almost three years now and she has been a dream to drive. No major issues, easy to maintain myself, and the service departments I've brought the car to (mostly Desert Nissan in Las Vegas, NV and once at Serramonte Nissan in CA) for minor things have been top notch. My SE-R (which was assembled in Mexico so that always scares me) has been pretty trouble-free too, she has gone in for a minor SES light issue and a recall, and the service department (again Desert Nissan) has been courteous and relatively quick. My dad has a 1st gen Altima which has no problems, I have my Maxima and SE-R, my sister just bought a new Pathfinder, and we're trying to convince her hubby into staying within our Nissan family for his next car. My next car will probably/hopefully be an Infiniti G35 Coupe. So, as you can see, I believe in Nissan and trust them. But I digress...sorry.

I'm sorry you've had issues with your Maxima. Maybe yours was assembled on a Friday just before the end-of-day whistle at the plant. Just kidding. But I hope once you get all the kinks out of yours, she'll be better to you.

Peace.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by 01SE02SER
My old Civic's glovebox used to always drop out because one of the hinge pins aways worked itself out with the simple motion of opening and closing the glovebox over and over.

But I have to disagree with you about the quality of the Maxima, however. I have had mine for almost three years now and she has been a dream to drive. No major issues, easy to maintain myself, and the service departments I've brought the car to (mostly Desert Nissan in Las Vegas, NV and once at Serramonte Nissan in CA) for minor things have been top notch. My SE-R (which was assembled in Mexico so that always scares me) has been pretty trouble-free too, she has gone in for a minor SES light issue and a recall, and the service department (again Desert Nissan) has been courteous and relatively quick. My dad has a 1st gen Altima which has no problems, I have my Maxima and SE-R, my sister just bought a new Pathfinder, and we're trying to convince her hubby into staying within our Nissan family for his next car. My next car will probably/hopefully be an Infiniti G35 Coupe. So, as you can see, I believe in Nissan and trust them. But I digress...sorry.

I'm sorry you've had issues with your Maxima. Maybe yours was assembled on a Friday just before the end-of-day whistle at the plant. Just kidding. But I hope once you get all the kinks out of yours, she'll be better to you.

Peace.
Funny you should mention Desert Nissan. Those are the guys causing me the most headache. My latest experience with them was this past Friday. Had an appointment SCHEDULED at 8:30 am. But imagne that.... The service writer had no clue what I was talking about so of course they had no mechanic available to work on my car. Wasted my whole morning. Yeah I love desert Nissan. Will be taking my ride to United in Henderson from now on.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Eat Naaawwwzzzzz

There are many cheap turns nissan took..
Thats why Im going another route
Old 09-28-2003, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by mille_3
You're right... VQ35 is a $20,000 engine inserted into a $5,000 platform. Glove box, warped rotors, hood shake, paint chips, lousy window regulators, blown MAF, air leaks... pretty sad. If it weren't for the cold air intake crowd I don't know where a return customer would come from. Maybe the next gen maxima will put the q45 motor into the Sntra. I only wish I had found this forum before I bought my Datsun POJ.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:16 PM

I dissagree. I think for the money, Nissan vehicles are very good and reliable.