5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2k2 Engine died - not warranteed *PICS

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm needing a caw

That makes no sense.

If they don't warranty this engine, what is their alternatives? Replace it with an expensive new engine and warranty that?? I doubt it. If the car is running okay and is inspected by the dealer, what is the chances it will puke later? Very nil. Unless it eats another manifold bolt that is.

What you THINK Courtesy will do and what you think they SHOULD do are two very different things. They will try to take the cheapest way out PERIOD.

I don't know about you but if Nissan just told me it's either pay $11 grand for a new motor or put one in myself, I would have done exactly what he just did. Fastest way to resolve the situation. Especially if he has to go to work in it. And now you want him to take out a perfectly good engine and put in the broken engine in?? Then in the meantime what? Take the bus/spend $ to rent a car to go to work? Any perceived benefits by putting in the busted motor back in doesn't even close to the added cost/time/hardache of doing another swap.

No matter what, the facts are exactly the same. Putting the engine back in does nothing but add trouble to the owner. It makes it easier for the dealer yes. But we already said that.

Originally Posted by IceY2K1
Nissan is NOT going to warranty an unknown engine PERIOD.

He swapped engines HIMSELF and they aren't going to "trust" his capabilities. Any number of things could be wrong that aren't going to show up until later. Nissan won't take the chance of eating the warrany cost no matter how much cheaper it is now.

IF he takes the junkyard engine in, the ball is in their court and they are going to put the burden of proof on him and his lawyer. If he takes in the bad engine with HARD facts that they were wrong, then he's on easy street.

His choice, but I'm willing to be Nissan is going to give him the finger with the junkyard engine.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Wow! Great news considering the situation. But please sit down and figure out what you think you are entitled to first. Not go there and see what they say. You can see what they say FIRST. But have a good idea about what you want out of it.

ie.. $11,000?? Because that is what the quoted you to replace?
ie.. whatever $ it cost YOU to do the swap plus a reasonable amount of $ for labor.
ie.. replacement costs plus time off from work and hardship due to their negligence etc...??

Alot of ways to go about it. Make sure you get your DUE!
I agree with Jeff
Old 10-15-2003, 12:52 PM
I'm needing a caw

If Courtesy won't be reasonable about it then, it's court time. But all of this take TIME. Alot of it. So if he puts the busted engine back in, he will have to be WITHOUT a car for the duration. And if he sues for the rental car costs, a judge will say "why did you replace a perfectly good running engine with the busted one?". "That was your decision and therefore your finanical responsbility."

Jeff -

You're looking at this from the LOGICAL point of view. Nissan doesn't have that and never will. They are going to give him the finger at the slightest oddity, since they're the ones with the power.

The burden is on him NOT them and they are willing to say no NOW and wait for a court later to force them to pay. THAT IS CHEAPER FOR THEM. It's the viscous circle of Nissan DIService and the bean counters wet dream.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:56 PM

Either way you look at it. It is absolutely pathetic that a person spending that kind of money on a car has to an engine. Where in the hell do they think that metal in a cylinder could have possibly come from. Do they think that he had nothing better to do that day, and wanted to see what would happen to his motor after eating some metal. What further ****es me off is the fact that the dealer could only win in this situation by sending in a hugh repair bill to Nissan for the repair.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:59 PM
I'm needing a caw

It's clear that Courtesy thought he was a typical ignorant car owner w/o the massive resources/knowledge of the .org. Now it's OWNAGE time and I can't wait to see the outcome. I hope he reams them for 2x whatever the original costs were.

Originally Posted by tmuscedere
Either way you look at it. It is absolutely pathetic that a person spending that kind of money on a car has to an engine. Where in the hell do they think that metal in a cylinder could have possibly come from. Do they think that he had nothing better to do that day, and wanted to see what would happen to his motor after eating some metal. What further ****es me off is the fact that the dealer could only win in this situation by sending in a hugh repair bill to Nissan for the repair.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

That makes no sense.

If they don't warranty this engine, what is their alternatives? Replace it with an expensive new engine and warranty that?? I doubt it. If the car is running okay and is inspected by the dealer, what is the chances it will puke later? Very nil. Unless it eats another manifold bolt that is.
New engine if under 3yr/36K or used if under 5yr/60K w/prorated warranty. Brian Catts had the later done.

What you THINK Courtesy will do and what you think they SHOULD do are two very different things. They will try to take the cheapest way out PERIOD.
Not think, what they will do. Cheapest way out is finger and they'll use it if he takes the junkyard engine in.

I don't know about you but if Nissan just told me it's either pay $11 grand for a new motor or put one in myself, I would have done exactly what he just did. Fastest way to resolve the situation. Especially if he has to go to work in it. And now you want him to take out a perfectly good engine and put in the broken engine in?? Then in the meantime what? Take the bus/spend $ to rent a car to go to work? Any perceived benefits by putting in the busted motor back in doesn't even close to the added cost/time/hardache of doing another swap.
Agreed. Yes..put it back IF dealer doesn't SUPRISINGLY say ok...bring it back and we'll fix everything at his "proof".

No matter what, the facts are exactly the same. Putting the engine back in does nothing but add trouble to the owner. It makes it easier for the dealer yes. But we already said that.
Facts are the dealer has the ball and it's up to him to prove it's a manufacturer defect. With a junkyard engine in his car Nissan is going to think he's pulling a fast one.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:01 PM

There's no way I would let them install a new engine. You installed this one, and you know it's done correctly. There's no telling what those clowns will do if you ask them to do a job this big, even if they do agree to do it.

Get the $$ back that they charged you to rip apart the engine, plus the cost of the new engine, and let it go.

Just my opinion.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:01 PM

dayyyuuummm man I give u mad props on this great idea good job on that man
Old 10-15-2003, 01:02 PM

Wrong...judge and Nissan will NEVER know about the junkyard engine. He will sue for being with out a car, since they denied him valid warranty work.

If Courtesy won't be reasonable about it then, it's court time. But all of this take TIME. Alot of it. So if he puts the busted engine back in, he will have to be WITHOUT a car for the duration. And if he sues for the rental car costs, a judge will say "why did you replace a perfectly good running engine with the busted one?". "That was your decision and therefore your finanical responsbility."
Old 10-15-2003, 01:04 PM

It's clear that Courtesy thought he was a typical ignorant car owner w/o the massive resources/knowledge of the .org. Now it's OWNAGE time and I can't wait to see the outcome. I hope he reams them for 2x whatever the original costs were.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:06 PM
I'm needing a caw

New engine if under 3yr/36K or used if under 5yr/60K w/prorated warranty. Brian Catts had the later done.
The engine was fairly new

Not think, what they will do. Cheapest way out is finger and they'll use it if he takes the junkyard engine in.
Of course, then it's court time and time to up the restitution ante. But what does the used engine have to do with the busted engine and their liability toward it?? Nothing

Agreed. Yes..put it back IF dealer doesn't SUPRISINGLY say ok...bring it back and we'll fix everything at his "proof".
Put it back and then what? Wait months upon months for a resolution? The engine is busted, the car is fine. Just bring back the engine.

Facts are the dealer has the ball and it's up to him to prove it's a manufacturer defect. With a junkyard engine in his car Nissan is going to think he's pulling a fast one.
Nope. He has the ball. Either the dealer settles fast an for a lower amount or takes their chances in court. I fail to see how putting in an used motor = pulling a fast one???? WTH would any reasonal person with mechanical skills do???? Exactly what he just did. What fast one?? No one is hiding the fact that the engine is used or that he did the swap himself??
Old 10-15-2003, 01:10 PM
I'm needing a caw

Ah what?? Again make no sense. If it goes to court, he will have to explain exactly what he did. That includes the used engine install. Why? Becuase being the mechanically inclined and reasonal person he is, he took the only reasonable route to a solution.

Again, what does he do in the meantime. You keep failing to answer that. I don't know about you but I NEED transportation everyday.

Wrong...judge and Nissan will NEVER know about the junkyard engine. He will sue for being with out a car, since they denied him valid warranty work.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:11 PM

Are you sure you posted in the right thread?

Originally Posted by twllin
dayyyuuummm man I give u mad props on this great idea good job on that man
Old 10-15-2003, 01:19 PM

The engine was fairly new
That's why he should get a BRAND NEW engine with full warranty. Even better.

Of course, then it's court time and time to up the restitution ante. But what does the used engine have to do with the busted engine and their liability toward it?? Nothing
Burden of proof.

Put it back and then what? Wait months upon months for a resolution? The engine is busted, the car is fine. Just bring back the engine.
With the bad engine, he only has to wait for the new engine to arrive. Plus, he *SHOULD* get a rental. However, Nissan is cheap.

Nope. He has the ball. Either the dealer settles fast an for a lower amount or takes their chances in court. I fail to see how putting in an used motor = pulling a fast one???? WTH would any reasonal person with mechanical skills do???? Exactly what he just did. What fast one?? No one is hiding the fact that the engine is used or that he did the swap himself??
No he doesn't. Dealer does the second they find out the car has been modified. No more warranty. Legally, the car w/bad engine still had FULL warranty no matter what Courtesy said. Now with the junkyard engine, there is nada. He's screwed.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:20 PM

No he doesn't. Plead the 5th.

Rolls the Geo Metro loaner they give him or sues them for rental reinbursement later if they refuse one.

Ah what?? Again make no sense. If it goes to court, he will have to explain exactly what he did. That includes the used engine install. Why? Becuase being the mechanically inclined and reasonal person he is, he took the only reasonable route to a solution.

Again, what does he do in the meantime. You keep failing to answer that. I don't know about you but I NEED transportation everyday.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:21 PM

My intention is to have the dealer put a brand new engine in, then warrantee their work. (along with reimbursing the $800 and giving me a free loaner car)

Then ill take MY engine back and sell it.

I just received a call. The Service Manager didnt want to make the call on this, and Im going to have to wait a few days for the Regional to get involved and have him decide.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:26 PM
I'm needing a caw

That's why he should get a BRAND NEW engine with full warranty. Even better.
He should get a whole new car too. That' even better but ain't gonna happen

Burden of proof.
What?! Exactly how does the contition of the engine and it's failure cause differ if the engine is installed or not?? Whatever proof, it's the same.

With the bad engine, he only has to wait for the new engine to arrive. Plus, he *SHOULD* get a rental. However, Nissan is cheap.
Nope. 1st the dealer has to agree it's their fault. If they say no, it's court time. A LONG TIME. If it's that easy to prove, it's just as easy to prove with engine out.

No he doesn't. Dealer does the second they find out the car has been modified. No more warranty. Legally, the car w/bad engine still had FULL warranty no matter what Courtesy said. Now with the junkyard engine, there is nada. He's screwed.
What again? Modified?? Again how does putting the engine back in change it's modification status?? It doesn't. Plus the dealer would have to prove his mods were responsible for the pins falling into the engine. A case not supported by Dave B's Pathfinder case CORRECT??
Old 10-15-2003, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by SmokinOdum
My intention is to have the dealer put a brand new engine in, then warrantee their work. (along with reimbursing the $800 and giving me a free loaner car)

Then ill take MY engine back and sell it.
That's EXACTLY what I'd want. Brand new engine and full warranty PLUS my $800 for BS diagnosis back.

I just received a call. The Service Manager didnt want to make the call on this, and Im going to have to wait a few days for the Regional to get involved and have him decide.
What did you tell them? Anything about the junkyard motor?
Old 10-15-2003, 01:30 PM
I'm needing a caw

Again BIG assumption. One which doesn't make sense finanically, logically or is reasonable.

Smokin''s latest post seems like the most logical. If I were a dealer, I'd probably jump on that. Because I could shift most of the $ burden to Nissan with the warranty invoice. I'd be out for blood but that's me. Overt attempt to deceive should be met with an equally overt attempt at restitution.

No he doesn't. Plead the 5th.

Rolls the Geo Metro loaner they give him or sues them for rental reinbursement later if they refuse one.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:31 PM
I'm needing a caw

Ah no, you wanted him to take his engine out and replace it with the busted one.

That's EXACTLY what I'd want. Brand new engine and full warranty PLUS my $800 for BS diagnosis back.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:34 PM

He should get a whole new car too. That' even better but ain't gonna happen
Legally no UNLESS he can prove "lemon law".

What?! Exactly how does the contition of the engine and it's failure cause differ if the engine is installed or not?? Whatever proof, it's the same.
Proof that there was a factory defect is lost. He has now tampered with ANY proof it was a factory defect thus allowing Nissan a loop-hole.

Nope. 1st the dealer has to agree it's their fault. If they say no, it's court time. A LONG TIME. If it's that easy to prove, it's just as easy to prove with engine out.
Yes, dealer or regional rep has to admit screw was to blame. Not that hard IF they have nothing else to blame like aftermarket parts or intermediate engine swaps. Loss of proof it's a manufacturer defect. Evidence has been tampered with.

What again? Modified?? Again how does putting the engine back in change it's modification status?? It doesn't. Plus the dealer would have to prove his mods were responsible for the pins falling into the engine. A case not supported by Dave B's Pathfinder case CORRECT??
Main Entry: mod·i·fy
Pronunciation: 'mä-d&-"fI
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -fied; -fy·ing
Etymology: Middle English modifien, from Middle French modifier, from Latin modificare to measure, moderate, from modus
Date: 14th century
transitive senses
1 : to make less extreme : MODERATE
2 a : to limit or restrict the meaning of especially in a grammatical construction b : to change (a vowel) by umlaut
3 a : to make minor changes in b : to make basic or fundamental changes in often to give a new orientation to or to serve a new end <the wing of a bird is an arm modified for flying>
intransitive senses : to undergo change
DAVEB's Pathfinder is UNKNOWN at this point as far as I know. Nissan hadn't even asked for the engine back. Maybe...maybe not. I don't have nor know all the details.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:38 PM

Assuming Nissan is going to be logical or reasonable about how to solve this situation is the BIG assumption and based on past experience I'd say wrong.

Any engine replacement is going to require a Regional Rep to verify and Nissan is going to require the engine back(most of the time at least). Normal beat around the bush procedure.

I'd be scared right now if I were him.

Again BIG assumption. One which doesn't make sense finanically, logically or is reasonable.

Smokin''s latest post seems like the most logical. If I were a dealer, I'd probably jump on that. Because I could shift most of the $ burden to Nissan with the warranty invoice. I'd be out for blood but that's me. Overt attempt to deceive should be met with an equally overt attempt at restitution.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:41 PM
I'm needing a caw

OMG Icy, the limb you are standing is thinner than Clee's waist size okay??

He took the engine OUT. That's it. The cause of the problem was already MISDIAGNOSED by the NISSAN dealer. They said the pins were FOREIGN. He only has to show that they aren't. Which looks to be fairly easy to do. You fail to see that he could have dunked the engine in chocolate sauce and paint it pink and it wouldn't matter.

Intermediate engine swaps?? AGAIN for the 10th time, what does the installation of another engine have to do with the failure of the orignal?? NOTHING. Expecially when Nissan already inspected it.

If he took the engine apart BEFORE Nissan inspected it, you would have a point. But it didn't happen that way. The webster's defination of "modify" doesn't change anything because it applies to the engine in the car also. Geez

Please either make a point because it's tiring having to repeat myself.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:44 PM
I'm needing a caw

They can have the damned engine back. If takes detailed pictures of EVERYTHING, it doesn't matter. It would be VERY important to have Courtesy's original diagnostic in WRITING though. That is KEY

Assuming Nissan is going to be logical or reasonable about how to solve this situation is the BIG assumption and based on past experience I'd say wrong.

Any engine replacement is going to require a Regional Rep to verify and Nissan is going to require the engine back(most of the time at least). Normal beat around the bush procedure.

I'd be scared right now if I were him.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:46 PM

OMG Icy, the limb you are standing is thinner than Clee's waist size okay??
Don't bring Clee into this.

He took the engine OUT. That's it. The cause of the problem was already MISDIAGNOSED by the NISSAN dealer. They said the pins were FOREIGN. He only has to show that they aren't. Which looks to be fairly easy to do. You fail to see that he could have dunked the engine in chocolate sauce and paint it pink and it wouldn't matter.
I fail to see that.

Intermediate engine swaps?? AGAIN for the 10th time, what does the installation of another engine have to do with the failure of the orignal?? NOTHING. Expecially when Nissan already inspected it.
The ability to diagnose the problem as a FACTORY defect has been lost. Evidence is no longer on his side. That is FACT.

If he took the engine apart BEFORE Nissan inspected it, you would have a point. But it didn't happen that way. The webster's defination of "modify" doesn't change anything because it applies to the engine in the car also. Geez

Please either make a point because it's tiring having to repeat myself.
OMG...THAT is EXACTLY my point!!!! He did. Nissan or their regional rep who has the power to say yay or nay has NOT inspected it.

Bye bye proof.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:48 PM

Doesn't matter. Non-tampered evidence for the Regional Rep to make judgement on is LOST. Now he's added more clutter for the RR to decide who's responsible.

RR is on dealers side incase we're missing that point.

They can have the damned engine back. If takes detailed pictures of EVERYTHING, it doesn't matter. It would be VERY important to have Courtesy's original diagnostic in WRITING though. That is KEY
Old 10-15-2003, 02:01 PM
I'm needing a caw

Cripes Icy, you just playing dumb today??

1) WHAT EVIDENCE WAS LOST?????????? NO ONE IS DISUPUTING WHAT CAUSED THE ENGINE TO FAIL OR WHY IT FAILED. THE EVIDENCE IS IN A PLASTIC BAG. GOT IT?

2) THE ONLY QUESTION(THE ONLY QUESTION) IS IF THE ITEMS IN THE BAG WERE FOREIGN OR NOT FOREIGN.

What else do you need to know Icy?? Inspect what?? Why inspect it again when the cause of the failure is not in dispute..

Doesn't matter. Non-tampered evidence for the Regional Rep to make judgement on is LOST. Now he's added more clutter for the RR to decide who's responsible.

RR is on dealers side incase we're missing that point.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:04 PM
I'm needing a caw

Icy read the thread again, he took it to the dealer intact. The DEALER took it apart. When he didn't want to pay the $11 grand to replace it the DEALER gave the car with the engine apart. Smokin' didn't do ANY anything BEFORE the dealer inspected it. Again it doesn't MATTER BECAUSE THE DEALER ALREADY SAID WHAT THE CAUSE OF THE FAILURE WAS(WHICH NO ONE IS DISPUTING)

Don't bring Clee into this.

OMG...THAT is EXACTLY my point!!!! He did. Nissan or their regional rep who has the power to say yay or nay has NOT inspected it.

Bye bye proof.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:12 PM

Cripes Icy, you just playing dumb today??
Nope...playing Nissan is going to win.
1) WHAT EVIDENCE WAS LOST?????????? NO ONE IS DISUPUTING WHAT CAUSED THE ENGINE TO FAIL OR WHY IT FAILED. THE EVIDENCE IS IN A PLASTIC BAG. GOT IT?
Let's wait and see on that.

2) THE ONLY QUESTION(THE ONLY QUESTION) IS IF THE ITEMS IN THE BAG WERE FOREIGN OR NOT FOREIGN.
Nope...it's whether they ended up there due to a factory defect or the owners' doing. How can you prove that now?

What else do you need to know Icy?? Inspect what?? Why inspect it again when the cause of the failure is not in dispute..
So, they've admited it? I must have missed that post. Damn you're right Jeff!
Old 10-15-2003, 02:19 PM
I'm needing a caw

Nope...it's whether they ended up there due to a factory defect or the owners' doing. How can you prove that now?
They would have to prove that he fiddled with the part in question. The dealer would have to prove that the intake manifold or TB was removed prior their inspection. Which unless they were looking for that AT THE TIME OF THE INSPECTION, THEY WONT' HAVE ANY IDEA.

So, they've admited it? I must have missed that post. Damn you're right Jeff!
Did you not read the first post?? They said the "foreign" objects caused the failure. That looks like an admission to me Alex.

You note that they didn't say he tampered with anything during the inspection. So they can't use that now can they?

So the only question is......forget it..
Old 10-15-2003, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by SmokinOdum
Aparently my engine got hungry and ate up some metal shavings, and the shavings banged up the head closest to the firewall. BUT since these metal shavings are magnetic, they are foreign objects and not parts from inside the motor that killed it. And so 'Nissan' will not cover me under warrantee.
Sounds like they're still magnetic metal shavings, still foreign objects that aren't from inside the motor, so how does what the dealer "concluded" help again?

Even if "scientific analysis" proves the pieces of metal are a screw from the throttle-body, that doesn't mean they ended up there as a result of a FACTORY defect. Maybe he swapped motors before, then put the engine back and screwed up the throttle-body somehow? Far fetched maybe, but sure looks like the guy is capable of engine swaps.

Icy read the thread again, he took it to the dealer intact. The DEALER took it apart. When he didn't want to pay the $11 grand to replace it the DEALER gave the car with the engine apart. Smokin' didn't do ANY anything BEFORE the dealer inspected it. Again it doesn't MATTER BECAUSE THE DEALER ALREADY SAID WHAT THE CAUSE OF THE FAILURE WAS(WHICH NO ONE IS DISPUTING)
Old 10-15-2003, 02:28 PM
I'm needing a caw

Sounds like they're still magnetic metal shavings, still foreign objects that aren't from inside the motor, so how does what the dealer "concluded" help again?
They concluded that these "shavings" more like pins shredded the motor DUH!

Even if "scientific analysis" proves the pieces of metal are a screw from the throttle-body, that doesn't mean they ended up there as a result of a FACTORY defect. Maybe he swapped motors before, then put the engine back and screwed up the throttle-body somehow? Far fetched maybe, but sure looks like the guy is capable of engine swaps.
WTF?? Maybe aliens abducted the motor, beamed it up in their spacecraft and loosed the screw!

A little thing called vin identification would show if the engine is original or not. NOT THAT WOULD HAVE ANYTHING DO WITH THE OUTCOME AS THEY DIDN'T LIST THAT AS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY THE WARRANTY WAS DENIED!
Old 10-15-2003, 02:29 PM

They would have to prove that he fiddled with the part in question. The dealer would have to prove that the intake manifold or TB was removed prior their inspection. Which unless they were looking for that AT THE TIME OF THE INSPECTION, THEY WONT' HAVE ANY IDEA.
Hmmn...good point! I wonder if they've seen his intake before.

Did you not read the first post?? They said the "foreign" objects caused the failure. That looks like an admission to me Alex.
Yep...doesn't say FACTORY defect anywhere though, so.....

You note that they didn't say he tampered with anything during the inspection. So they can't use that now can they?
Not sure.

So the only question is......forget it..'
You out of "logic" already?
Old 10-15-2003, 02:33 PM

They concluded that these "shavings" more like pins shredded the motor DUH!
Yep...along with that's not covered under the warranty.

WTF?? Maybe aliens abducted the motor, beamed it up in their spacecraft and loosed the screw!
No...maybe he swapped motors BEFORE and caused the TB to fail.

A little thing called vin identification would show if the engine is original or not. NOT THAT WOULD HAVE ANYTHING DO WITH THE OUTCOME AS THEY DIDN'T LIST THAT AS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY THE WARRANTY WAS DENIED!
Warranty was already denied...his burden is to prove it's a manufacturer defect that caused the failure. How can he do that now?
Old 10-15-2003, 02:33 PM
I'm needing a caw

Hmmn...good point! I wonder if they've seen his intake before.
DOESN'T FAWKING MATTER.

Yep...doesn't say FACTORY defect anywhere though, so.....
DOESN'T FAWKING MATTER. IF THEY SAID IT WAS A FACTORY DEFECT, WHY IN THE HELL WOULD THE DEALER DENY HIS WARRANTY IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!

You out of "logic" already?
Not out of logic, out of patience. You out of outlandish theories yet?
Old 10-15-2003, 02:37 PM
Got Bent?

him taking the working engine out and putting back the busted engine just to prove a point to Nissan is crazy... The engine swap has no bearing on what the original diagnosis by Nissan was... that is all that matters and they should reimburse him for that at the very least
Old 10-15-2003, 02:38 PM
I'm needing a caw

Holy Christ BATMAN!!!

If Smokin' can prove that the pins originated from inside the engine, HE WILL WIN HIS CASE. PERIOD, NO QUESTION, NO OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES WOULD HAVE TO BE CONSIDERED. NO MATTER WHAT ICY SAYS, THAT IS THE PRIME AND ONLY ISSUE.

No issue of tampering was brought up WHILE THE ENGINE WAS ORIGINALLY INSPECTED SO HOW COULD IT COME UP NOW??? THEY CAN'T. GEEZ. THEY DIDN'T SAY THE ENGINE WAS TAMPERED WITH NOW DID THEY?!

They claimed the objects were introduced from outside the engine. THAT'S IT! NADA, NOTHING.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:47 PM

DOESN'T FAWKING MATTER.
Your honor, we have documented service receipts that show this cars' intake had been removed and reinstalled prior to the warranty claim, thus causing the TB to fail. You think the judge would know the difference?

DOESN'T FAWKING MATTER. IF THEY SAID IT WAS A FACTORY DEFECT, WHY IN THE HELL WOULD THE DEALER DENY HIS WARRANTY IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!
Exactly. Not their problem...it's his, which has now turned into a cluster *** with another engine being installed. So he's lost the ability to disprove the ORIGINAL dealers' statement that it's NOT a factory defect. He's NOW introduced too many variables to definitively prove the TB was a defect and caused the failure after the fact. He's now depending on others SCARCE evidence that there are other VQ35s out there that have failed the same.

Not out of logic, out of patience. You out of outlandish theories yet?
Just getting warmed up.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:47 PM

Since they never stated that they noticed any tampering when they disassebbled the motor they can't go back now and say that he caused the problem since there is no evidence that he had ever taken apart the intake or throttle body on the car. They admit that the engine failure wase caused by the metal debris they gave him in the bag. The also told him that the motor is all alum (nice try). The only thing he has to be able prove is that those peices came from his car and the only way to prove it is to have it analyzed and have a new pin (if that is the suspect part) analyzed as well. This would be proof positive that the metal debris is the same stuff.

carl
Old 10-15-2003, 02:51 PM
I'm needing a caw

You read this yet Alex??? I don't know if you will actually understand it as it actually makes sense.

Originally Posted by hotrod37
Since they never stated that they noticed any tampering when they disassebbled the motor they can't go back now and say that he caused the problem since there is no evidence that he had ever taken apart the intake or throttle body on the car. They admit that the engine failure wase caused by the metal debris they gave him in the bag. The also told him that the motor is all alum (nice try). The only thing he has to be able prove is that those peices came from his car and the only way to prove it is to have it analyzed and have a new pin (if that is the suspect part) analyzed as well. This would be proof positive that the metal debris is the same stuff.

carl

Quick Reply: 2k2 Engine died - not warranteed *PICS