5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2k2 Engine died - not warranteed *PICS

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 06:15 AM

this is better than watchin tv
Old 10-16-2003, 06:24 AM

Damn man new engine for $900 that ain't too bad at all, and swapping it in yourself is l337
Old 10-16-2003, 07:19 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'm going to say what everyone on here is probably afraid to say. Icy, you either are the most crooked person in the world by trying to do an entire swap just so they don't realize u put a different engine in to provide transportation to yourself, or you have the most abnormal way of thinking, or you're just plain stupid.
He still has the parts taken off during diagnostics, he still has the engine, he still has the metal parts that caused the failure. Taking the engine out of the car, or leaving it in the car to prove a point is entirely irrelevant. The engine doesn't have to be in the engine bay, supported by the mounts, and connected to the ecu and every other **** in the car to show that the engine is ruined and that the metal caused the problem. Hel! they could've taken the engine out of the car and put it on an engine stand and then taken it apart and still would've seen that the problem was the damn metal. The replacement engine is an entire one so he didn't use any parts off the old engine. So he can put it in the car and still proove the failure using the busted engine on a stand or a crate, or the back of pickup truck.
EVEN IF this makes it to court, they wouldn't have put the engine in the car and roll the car in court to show the evidence. IF the engine was introduced as evidence, it would've been put on an engine stand and then the situation would have been explained.
All smokin' has to do is get the engine on a stand just as it is currently (which is the same exact way it was on the mounts in the car), and take it to the dealer along with the metal parts that THEY handed to him in a plastic bag, and show that the problem came from the STOCK MANUFACTURER ASSEMBLED engine.
He can take the assembly off the replacement engine and show that it still has both bolts, however the one from the busted engine only has ONE. And that ONE that's missing is the one in pieces currently in the plastic bag. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to prove this point and get the finger pointed at the dealer.
He replaced the engine because he needed transportation. It was cheaper than to rent for however long while trying to get the matter taken care of. OBVIOUSLY because NISSAN'S mechanics were incompetent enough NOT to realize that the engine self destructed, he felt obligated to use his skills to take care of the matter. He wants the engine replaced, a full warranty, and he wants to be compensated for the money and time spent. He also wants to be present when the engine is getting replaced because he feels that he can make sure the incompetent mechanics are not doing a half as$ed job.

I REST MY CASE. DOESN'T TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST FOR THIS.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Man... you guys are enertaining, it's like a scene from LA Law. Why don't you both agree to dasagree and move on and quit
Old 10-16-2003, 08:21 AM
Old Timer

Hey Smokin. You got a PM. Since nobody has stated on here that they'll take that old Bottom end, I will. If you still got it, let me know about how much you want for it. I recently picked up Joffes blown 3.0, and Now I need a 3.5 to put those good heads of his on. Let me hear from ya.

David Warner
Old 10-16-2003, 08:26 AM

Well, knowing Courtesy Nissan from my own experience, I would expect them to make it as difficult for him as possible. That still wouldn't keep me from planting my foot in their asses and at least getting reimbursed for LABOR and EXPENSES. Ideally, they need to replace the motor, but who knows what's going to happen.

This is the same dealer that told me that "NIssan won't warranty missing parts, only broken ones that are in place." So I called Nissan North America myself and inquired about that little 'policy' (over $3.50 worth of plastic clips I might add!) Guess what they told me----"we advise you to go to a different dealer in the future. All Nissan dealers are independantly owned and operated and we have little control over their warranty procedures."
Old 10-16-2003, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
The itchy and scratchy shoooooooooooooooow!!!
Were did they go Im waiting for round 2...
Old 10-16-2003, 09:02 AM

I'm still waiting for More Blood
Old 10-16-2003, 09:16 AM
I'm needing a caw

asdfsadf
Old 10-16-2003, 09:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Guys, I'd like to follow up on a thread I started many months ago when my engine also suffered catastrophic failure. I too experienced similar dishonest practices from the dealer I initially dealt with. The matter was eventually resolved with another dealer who effectively endorsed the warranty and replaced the seized engine (which had only 48,000km) with a new crate engine, under warranty.

The truly abnormal policy that both the author of this thread and myself were faced with is to request the signature of a release form that effectively voids the warranty once the engine has been partially diagnosed. As my car was towed in for repairs at the dealer, I was called in and informed the engine had serious trouble and that it must be opened up to be diagnosed properly. The trick is, before the dealer accepts doing anything to the car, they request the signature of the release form that voids the warranty, without which no work will be performed (my maxima was 2.5 years old at the time and well bellow 60,000kms). Thankfully another dealer handled the issue with more professionalism. I'm afraid many customers freak out and ultimately give in.

Bottom line, if you happen to be asked to sign anything from a dealer, go to another dealer quick.

Regards,
Bruckner
Old 10-16-2003, 09:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by UMD_MaxSE

I can tell you're "itchin" to lock this thread!
Old 10-16-2003, 09:38 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

The only crooked person here is the Nissan dealer. They are looking for any ammo possible to pass the buck to the Smokin. He is the one with the burden of proof now.

Swapping the engine back is in no way "crooked" UNLESS he lies about it, which I never suggested and EXACTLY what he already did with the intake:
Originally Posted by SmokinOdum
I did have an intake on the car.. tho I put the stock air box on when I had it towed to the dealer. Um.. If it did indeed get sucked in....
Not to mention he apparently RACES the car at the track:
Oh. and the new motor is just as strong as the old one. (according to the local 1/8th mile track )
However, he doesn't have to ADMIT anything FREELY. If asked, he should fess up ESPECIALLY in the court of law.

The only "stupid" person here is people like you who think I would actually do ANY of this. First, I wouldn't have been dumb enough to fall for their BS and would NEVER have accepted the car. Damn it...there I go with the "I would've", "You should've"..sorry Smokin. However, you need to comprehend that Nissan is the "plain stupid" ones here that are going to try ANYTHING possible to blame him even though he has full right to a brand new engine w/full warranty and reinbursement. The PROBLEM is he's put all the cards in their favor, so I'm just trying to help *HIM* see that they might play dirty and he needs to get ALL his ducks lined up BEFORE he **** up again and they win.

You don't have a clue what BS they pull on you. I've owned enough Nissans over the years and seen it all and I don't EXPECT ANYONE to side with me, since I'm playing EVIL Nissan and nobody including myself wants to see them win.

FACT is they already have and will screw him harder.

Originally Posted by sorcereur
I'm going to say what everyone on here is probably afraid to say. Icy, you either are the most crooked person in the world by trying to do an entire swap just so they don't realize u put a different engine in to provide transportation to yourself, or you have the most abnormal way of thinking, or you're just plain stupid.
He still has the parts taken off during diagnostics, he still has the engine, he still has the metal parts that caused the failure. Taking the engine out of the car, or leaving it in the car to prove a point is entirely irrelevant. The engine doesn't have to be in the engine bay, supported by the mounts, and connected to the ecu and every other **** in the car to show that the engine is ruined and that the metal caused the problem. Hel! they could've taken the engine out of the car and put it on an engine stand and then taken it apart and still would've seen that the problem was the damn metal. The replacement engine is an entire one so he didn't use any parts off the old engine. So he can put it in the car and still proove the failure using the busted engine on a stand or a crate, or the back of pickup truck.
EVEN IF this makes it to court, they wouldn't have put the engine in the car and roll the car in court to show the evidence. IF the engine was introduced as evidence, it would've been put on an engine stand and then the situation would have been explained.
All smokin' has to do is get the engine on a stand just as it is currently (which is the same exact way it was on the mounts in the car), and take it to the dealer along with the metal parts that THEY handed to him in a plastic bag, and show that the problem came from the STOCK MANUFACTURER ASSEMBLED engine.
He can take the assembly off the replacement engine and show that it still has both bolts, however the one from the busted engine only has ONE. And that ONE that's missing is the one in pieces currently in the plastic bag. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to prove this point and get the finger pointed at the dealer.
He replaced the engine because he needed transportation. It was cheaper than to rent for however long while trying to get the matter taken care of. OBVIOUSLY because NISSAN'S mechanics were incompetent enough NOT to realize that the engine self destructed, he felt obligated to use his skills to take care of the matter. He wants the engine replaced, a full warranty, and he wants to be compensated for the money and time spent. He also wants to be present when the engine is getting replaced because he feels that he can make sure the incompetent mechanics are not doing a half as$ed job.

I REST MY CASE. DOESN'T TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST FOR THIS.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:42 AM

I can unlock it though.

However, he can delete it.

Originally Posted by VQPowerSE
I can tell you're "itchin" to lock this thread!
Old 10-16-2003, 09:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by IceY2K1
I can unlock it though.

start a new thread?
Old 10-16-2003, 09:45 AM

Why?

I'd rather keep all the trash in one thread then spread it out over more.

Originally Posted by VQPowerSE
start a new thread?
Old 10-16-2003, 09:53 AM
BiggD23

Just enjoying the show...

I thought I saw a post from Kev or someone before that said something about deleted posts being able to be brought back by a mod.

Old 10-16-2003, 09:54 AM
Banned

it doesn't matter what caused the engine blow...the damn thing is gone...those sons of b***hes at nissan should replace that engine...i personally would go down there and open a can of woop a** on their manager
Old 10-16-2003, 10:06 AM

Depends.......Kev has mo' powers yo!
Originally Posted by BiggD23
I thought I saw a post from Kev or someone before that said something about deleted posts being able to be brought back by a mod.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:47 AM

OK nissan just approved a new engine!! (havent figured out if they are going to reimburse me anything yet.)

HNE guy, sorry they want my old (dead) motor back, so I cant sell you the botom end.

Current motor MAY go up for sale shortly.

Ill keep ya posted.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:48 AM

You guys were right!!!!!
Old 10-16-2003, 10:49 AM
Old Timer

Damn. That means I have to buy a complete motor.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:50 AM
Got Bent?

I'm not touching this thread no lock from me
Old 10-16-2003, 10:52 AM
Got Bent?

smokin.... great news... and Ice...
Old 10-16-2003, 10:53 AM

**Delete button***QUICK! LOL!

smokin.... great news... and Ice...
I'm needing a caw

Look what he bought it for. That's a steal @ $800(if he's willing to sell it for that)

Originally Posted by d_warner
Damn. That means I have to buy a complete motor.

If Smokin is getting a new engine, why can't he sell the current one in the Max?

Hey Smokin, are you getting reimbursed for time and effort and the diag fees?
Old 10-16-2003, 10:54 AM

Nissan was I was

What else is there to say....
Got Bent?

**Delete button***QUICK! LOL!

I'm not touching this thread no lock from me

no delete either

10 chars......
I'm needing a caw

Someone got Pwn3d. asdfsadfsa
Old 10-16-2003, 10:55 AM

Oh they can't deny reinbursing him the $800 for the "diagnosis".

He BETTER get that back MINIMUM!

Originally Posted by Lumbee1
If Smokin is getting a new engine, why can't he sell the current one in the Max?

Hey Smokin, are you getting reimbursed for time and effort and the diag fees?
Old 10-16-2003, 10:55 AM

by

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Someone got Pwn3d. asdfsadfsa
Old 10-16-2003, 11:01 AM

Hey Ice, let me explain that i wasn't directly calling you stupid. Obviously you're not because u've given good advice to people on the org, including me in the past. I just thought you weren't understanding Jeff's point of view because you guys went on for 3-4 pages repeating the same things. So i tried to explain what Jeff was trying to say in one long post.
You've had such bad service that i guess you would've went that far to prevent getting it up the booty some more. I understand how Nissan's service works and have dealt with them, but not for an issue this major.

I guess you were right.... you got

Thanks for the entertainment
Old 10-16-2003, 11:06 AM

I'll take getting owned ANYDAY, if Nissan gets a slap in the face due to the power of *THIS* forum for it.

You guys DO realize what just happened, right? I think that's AWESOME.

Poor Smokins' engine got screwed, then he got the shaft by a retarded misdiagnosis, and then along comes the .org to get him what he deserved.

Originally Posted by sorcereur
I guess you were right.... you got

Thanks for the entertainment
Old 10-16-2003, 11:08 AM

BTW, somebody better become a "Donating Member" at Maxima.org for that GIFT.

*cough*Smokin*cough*
Old 10-16-2003, 11:12 AM

Good for you SmokinOdum! hopefully they'll work out something for you as far as your time and labor that will be execptable.

Also good job on the swap, I think you might have got it done faster than SR20.

If you need the cash sell the motor or part it out if not have fun with it
Old 10-16-2003, 11:21 AM

You'll make more parting out that motor, than by selling it as a whole. **hint hint**
Old 10-16-2003, 11:24 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Old 10-16-2003, 11:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

glad everything worked out adam. now you and your bro shoudl come down the 26th
Old 10-16-2003, 11:43 AM

That's great, keep us informed as to what they say about a replacement engine being installed already.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by tmuscedere
That's great, keep us informed as to what they say about a replacement engine being installed already.
I told them there was a replacement engine already installed before they agreed to give me a new motor/warrantee.

Unfortunately, they are going to pass the whole thing off as a "customer satifaction" claim more so than "Courtesy Nissan was wrong"

SOO. that means I dont get a loaner car for the week and a half its going to take to fix it. AND im going to have to battle over the reimbursment for the $800.

Atleast i got the main issue fixed, and I have an extra motor

Quick Reply: 2k2 Engine died - not warranteed *PICS