5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Delay Tranny Shift TSB B.S. from Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 03:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Delay Tranny Shift TSB B.S. from Dealer

i took my ride to my local dealership today for the 2k-2k1 delay/hesitation transmission shift (from 2nd to 3rd) TSB.

i told them ahead of time the exact symptoms and included a printout of the TSB i found here on the .org.

of course it took them all day just to test drive it to verify the shift delay. they finally called me back late today to tell me they couldn't get it to do it when they drove it...which is total bs!

on top of that, they told me they would not do the TSB unless i had my entire transmission flushed...a sweet $119!
Old 10-20-2003, 03:21 PM

my Max only has 45k, so the TSB is covered under our 65k mile powertrain warranty. but, of course they had to find something to make some $!

Nissan doesn't even recommend a tranny flush until 60k miles. also, i just had a $300 45k mile service last week and they said my fluid was fine. oh, but now...it is so bad and needs to be replaced! yea right!

they basically threatened me that they would refuse any warranty work on my transmission unless i had the tranny flush done. they claimed that i would be neglecting my car by not doing it - hence giving them a reason not to cover the repair!

i REFUSED, of course! i had to go there and pitch a fit, and threaten to call Nissan! once they realized that they were not getting any money from me, the Service Manager gave in and agreed to do it.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:23 PM

ok kids, the lesson for today is:
don't take NO for an answer! don't be afraid to ***** and moan about something you think is right. if all else fails, call Nissan Corp or just try another Dealership.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:28 PM

If I may ask, how old are you ? The reason I am asking is that I am 36 and brought my Max to the Dealer for my 2k2 hesitation TSB. They did not even test drive it. Service rep said they would check the TSB (provided by me) and if my VIN # fell into the problem VIN #'s they would do. They did it without hesitation (haha).

I am just wondering if age has anything to do with the dealers descion ?
Old 10-20-2003, 03:32 PM

i think you are on to something there...i think age and/or how gullible they think you are has alot to do with things at most Dealerships.

that is stereo typical i know...but has been my personal observation. some Dealers are cool...just the bad ones give the rest a bad name.

oh, and i'm 25.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by fishhouse
i think you are on to something there...i think age and/or how gullible they think you are has alot to do with things at most Dealerships.

that is stereo typical i know...but has been my personal observation. some Dealers are cool...just the bad ones give the rest a bad name.

oh, and i'm 25.

Old 10-20-2003, 06:25 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

it just all depends on your dealer. i had my soleniods replaced at 10k with no problem. i am now at 35,7XX and i went in to inquire about having the tcm replaced. i gave them the part number and they ordered it for me a week ago. im going tomorrow and hopefully i will not run into any problem. i leave all my mods on my car and they know i do most of the work myself and they also know that i will give them excellents on the survey if they dont hassle me. say what you will but thats extremely important to the dealer ive bought both my cars and my sister got her xterra from the same dealer. i dont know where i would be if i wasnt as close to the dealer as i am. of course now that i said that, they will probably screw up the tcm and mess my center console up installing the new one.