5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nissan Nav System Helpless Desk (Zenrin) is CRAP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 04:00 PM

Nissan Nav System Helpless Desk (Zenrin) is CRAP!

/Rant on...

Need to update my address on record and obtain new CDs for my 02' NAV system. Zero response / availability from the Nissan Navigation System Helpless Desk or Zenrin. Anyone have this problem? Damn...all I want to do is get my name/address on record and obtain a couple of new MCA discs, they are completely MIA.

If any of you ***** are listening your "entry point" for customer service is a joke!

1. Used the zenrin.com web submission form on Monday afternoon, 10/27/03. Still no response as of today - 3 days later.

2. I called the listed number (888-661-9995) at 2:15 PM CST today. Message says; "blah...blah...blah...you must call during business hours...blah...blah...blah...leave a message..." WTF? Normal business hours are listed as 0600-1600 PST, I [/B]DID[/B] call during normal hours. So, I start to leave a message and...they give about 10 - 12 seconds then...BAM...your done. By the time you get 5 words out your time's up! OK...I guess I will try again later...

3. I called again at 5:30 PM CST today and...yup...same s***!

So here I am doin' this --->

I'll try tomorrow via email, phone and then call a dealer but this is crap!

/Rant off
Old 10-30-2003, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by .45
/Rant on...

Need to update my address on record and obtain new CDs for my 02' NAV system. Zero response / availability from the Nissan Navigation System Helpless Desk or Zenrin. Anyone have this problem? Damn...all I want to do is get my name/address on record and obtain a couple of new MCA discs, they are completely MIA.

If any of you ***** are listening your "entry point" for customer service is a joke!

1. Used the zenrin.com web submission form on Monday afternoon, 10/27/03. Still no response as of today - 3 days later.

2. I called the listed number (888-661-9995) at 2:15 PM CST today. Message says; "blah...blah...blah...you must call during business hours...blah...blah...blah...leave a message..." WTF? Normal business hours are listed as 0600-1600 PST, I [/B]DID[/B] call during normal hours. So, I start to leave a message and...they give about 10 - 12 seconds then...BAM...your done. By the time you get 5 words out your time's up! OK...I guess I will try again later...

3. I called again at 5:30 PM CST today and...yup...same s***!

So here I am doin' this --->

I'll try tomorrow via email, phone and then call a dealer but this is crap!

/Rant off
I was able to get in touch with them(zenrin) last week on my second try, I guess I was lucky, but the rep. told me that on a 02 the updates are not free. I do not remember how much they are ($90.?)
Old 11-05-2003, 11:55 PM

Any luck with these clowns?

I got a postcard advertising the new version 5.3 MCA CD. It has MILLIONS of updated POIs. Anywayz, I want to get my hand on this new one, at least for my Region (MCA-8)

So, do any of us 2k2 owners get a free update?... Has anyone done this?...

Thanks,
G
Old 11-06-2003, 12:02 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

I have all the regions...and I have not yet found a need for the updated info. I guess Ive been lucky with it. I used it a lot in AZ when I drove over there. It is amazing how much it helped. I also use it on trip in here in calif.... I have no complaints as of yet ....
Old 11-06-2003, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by kloogy
I have all the regions...and I have not yet found a need for the updated info. I guess Ive been lucky with it. I used it a lot in AZ when I drove over there. It is amazing how much it helped. I also use it on trip in here in calif.... I have no complaints as of yet ....
I feel ya Kloog... Scott & Greg hooked us all up...

But the ad says that there are MILLIONS more POI added to each CD... that means, more places to eat, shop, gas up, ATM, etc...

And since I use it at least 2-3 times a week, I could really go for the updated version (some Jersey areas are "flaky")

I can go DOOR-TO-SHORE in 1:15 running on backroads, instead of 2:35 of hellish traffic!... I would NEVER buy another car without one.

G
Old 11-06-2003, 09:26 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally Posted by 02MaXiMa_GLE
I feel ya Kloog... Scott & Greg hooked us all up...

But the ad says that there are MILLIONS more POI added to each CD... that means, more places to eat, shop, gas up, ATM, etc...

And since I use it at least 2-3 times a week, I could really go for the updated version (some Jersey areas are "flaky")

I can go DOOR-TO-SHORE in 1:15 running on backroads, instead of 2:35 of hellish traffic!... I would NEVER buy another car without one.

G
Old 11-14-2003, 08:12 AM

I've searched around and I can't find the answer so figured I'd ask. Does anyone know what the most current version of the Navigation CD for MCA7 is? Above, 02MaXiMa_GLE said he got a postcard for 5.3, so I assume that's the newest version. The CD case I have says Version X5.1, which came with the car, but there is a ton of stuff missing from it and I want to update. I'm also interested in MCA8 too, so I'm wondering what's the newest version of that as well (if it's different from MCA7). Also, any idea when these updates come out? I think I read that they come out annually, but I was curious as to when they specifically were released.

I checked out zenrin.com, sent them an email, and left a message and got no response. Also, is that the only place to get the CDs from? Definitely would like to avoid the $120 or whatever it is per CD. Any help or info would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:22 AM

02MaXiMa_GLE "Any luck with these clowns?
I sent a follow-up email on 10/31/03 (Subject: Re: NO RESPONSE: Zenrin.com Contact Request) articulating my "pain" and this is what I received back;

"Any update or additional order for cd-rom software is 120 dollars for each disc. You may order these updates at our website or call 1-800-777-0325 to purchase. We will update your information at the time of sale.

Thank you,
Zenrin USA"

They never addressed any of the concerns I stated, just the above scripted response. On 11/3/03 they finally responded to my original web submission with the following;

"Dear Customer,

I will register you information in our database and you will receiving information when new updates are released.

As for the CD’s you can order them via our website at www.zenrin.com or by calling us directly at 1-800-777-0325.

Thank you

Bottom-line, the only effective action seemed to be a complaint email submitted to: customersupport@zenrin.com
Old 11-14-2003, 10:41 AM

Of course, I actually just heard back from them and they answered my questions pretty much right after I posted this. Newest version is 5.3 and that's for all MCAs, they update every year, next update is next November, $120 per CD. The cost really blows, can't believe they charge so much. The DVD update disk is only $185 for the whole country and you have to pay $120 each for the CDs. I gotta find a way around it, I'm not paying that. Anyone have the 5.3 Versions of MCA7 and 8 yet?
Old 11-14-2003, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
Of course, I actually just heard back from them and they answered my questions pretty much right after I posted this. Newest version is 5.3 and that's for all MCAs, they update every year, next update is next November, $120 per CD. The cost really blows, can't believe they charge so much. The DVD update disk is only $185 for the whole country and you have to pay $120 each for the CDs. I gotta find a way around it, I'm not paying that. Anyone have the 5.3 Versions of MCA7 and 8 yet?
OK, let's do the math first for coast-to-coast:

9 x $120 = $1,080

$1,080
________ = $108
10 peeps

Does everybody understand?... now let's get gather up 6-7-more peeps... and then...

I can't be any more specific, without violating something (and then getting "violated" somewhere else)

G
Old 11-14-2003, 07:45 PM

120 bucks for this and thay don't call you back----hummm that sucks and I need a new disk for my area (the one I got with the car is so old AZ is not even a state yet) and I need a disk for the midwest ne ks ect and my car is a lease so nissan is going to get it back anyway so if anyone knows what I am saying then let me know wat you think