5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Refreshing run with new SI

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 06:11 PM

Refreshing run with new SI

Drivin back from the car show at Bayside Expo in Boston I encountered a new Civic SI with at least exhaust. I was on cruise control and as I passed him, he floored it (could hear him and he "jumped") so I got on it too and caught up, passed, and kept pulling. No surprise, but then I slowed back down, he caught up and actually gave my a thumbs up!! It was the first time I've ever recieved something like that from a ricer... Very refreshing! So nice people driving Civics, etc. do exist... We then took another run on the highway ofcourse too, during which I pulled nicely. I think he was impressed by my family car! Nice to have FRIENDLY competition tho! BTW, the car show was amazing - I got many pics of the new Enzo which I"m posting on my homepage, along with sevearl other sweet cars if anyone wants to look.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by bigdo26
Drivin back from the car show at Bayside Expo in Boston I encountered a new Civic SI with at least exhaust. I was on cruise control and as I passed him, he floored it (could hear him and he "jumped") so I got on it too and caught up, passed, and kept pulling. No surprise, but then I slowed back down, he caught up and actually gave my a thumbs up!! It was the first time I've ever recieved something like that from a ricer... Very refreshing! So nice people driving Civics, etc. do exist... We then took another run on the highway ofcourse too, during which I pulled nicely. I think he was impressed by my family car! Nice to have FRIENDLY competition tho! BTW, the car show was amazing - I got many pics of the new Enzo which I"m posting on my homepage, along with sevearl other sweet cars if anyone wants to look.

Nice! the new SI's have potential but take some cash to make really fast. most of the ricer drivers i incounter are alittle but some are cool.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:48 AM

the thing is that most of the people you race with start taking it personally. i guess they're just dumb. A mustang once smoked me (drove old Sentra), I gave HER -)) thumbs up. Anyway, there are nice people
Old 11-10-2003, 02:11 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by bigdo26
Stop picking on Sh!tvics.

I ran into an Accord 4cylinder on my way to work. Every once in a while I like to open the car up just to let it breathe. It was 3:50 in the morning so obviously no Po-Po on the road. I pulled up beside the Accord and noticed the bueatiful taillights he installed and the shiny hubcaps. I made my turn and decided to "get on it". This way completely independent of the Accord; I just like driving fast. I think he was trying to keep up, not exactly sure though. He was about a 1/4 mile behind and I decided to slow down to 80 and finish just cruising t o work. All of a sudden I see his headlights crest the hill behind me. He was one determined little fella. I slowed down some more to let him catch up and then I dropped it to 4th and went to WOT. I thought this time I will put a mile between us. I came to an intersection with a red light. Mr. Honda showed up about 20 seconds later. His windows were tinted so I couldn't see any facial expressions or hand gestures (the common sign that Honda owners give when you prove to them just how slow their car is). He made his turn and I continued on my way to work.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:37 AM
is invisible

You beat a ~2.0L 4-cylinder!

I like to judge people on the type of car he/she drive and anyone driving anything other than a Max is

I can't think of too many Japanese FWD NA cars that don't need $$$ to be fast.

I wonder what other enthusiasts think of Maxima drivers...