5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2000 gle won't start

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 10:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

2000 gle won't start

this morning wife's maxima won't start. all lights are on, starter cranks over but not starting. did a quick search and found a tip (but no info on the cause of the problem) to put the car in neuteral (it's auto) and start like that, it started after cranking over couple times. up until this morning we had no problems at all with it. last night i moved it out and back into garage. ran fine and had no problems starting.
anyone cares to offer a guess on what might have caused it?

thanks,
denis
Old 11-14-2003, 05:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by dennisuello
this morning wife's maxima won't start. all lights are on, starter cranks over but not starting. did a quick search and found a tip (but no info on the cause of the problem) to put the car in neuteral (it's auto) and start like that, it started after cranking over couple times. up until this morning we had no problems at all with it. last night i moved it out and back into garage. ran fine and had no problems starting.

thanks,
denis
Sounds like the same problem I'm having. See my post with the subject: First Post

The first time I had a problem was a couple of months ago, but it's gotten worse in the last few weeks.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:28 AM

now, when i started the car last night and let it run for a while, then shut off. after couple seconds you could hear some kind of clicking coming from the front engine area.
Old 11-15-2003, 06:20 PM

so, is there another forum that's more tech and where i can actually get any questions answered? are you guys just concerned with spoilers and GSR stickers?
Old 11-15-2003, 06:28 PM

so, is there another forum that's more tech and where i can actually get any questions answered? are you guys just concerned with spoilers and GSR stickers?

Just exactly were you trying to imply w/that statement above? Just be patience my friend and your answer will be answer.

I am no mechanic here but based on your description of your car's symtom. It sounded as if you have an alternator issue. The reason that the car would start is because of your battery reserved power. I suggest that you should go and have your electrical load check out.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:16 PM

thanks,
denis
Should have tried that, but in the end I had to get a new battery. That was about a little over a month ago. You might want to check out the battery. Won't hurt. Also the starter, distributor, spark plugs, and/or the alternator. My alternator failed last week too. My friend has 2K1 Max and his alternator died two months ago. Something is wrong. In any case have a mechanic check it out.