5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Unique Problem...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 03:18 PM

Unique Problem...

Here goes...I have an Anniv. '01 Max. The stereo cuts in and out so I ordered a new switch. $62.00 I ordered correctly using the VIN # to avoid getting the wrong part. (there are 5 different succeeding part #'s?)

The part comes in to the dealer today and the lettering (volume-mode etc...) a full shade off. In my car, stock is bright white on glossy black. (there is a volume and mode buttons on the switch and it is mounted on the drivers side wheel). Anyway the dealer swears it is correct going by the VIN and they double check and call Nissan...and the warehouse which confirms the part # is right. I look like the *&^*&^ when I'm telling the guy, it's just not right. It doesn't even match the cruise control switch which sits opposite on the wheel. The one they give me is a black matt finish with very off white, almost grey buttons. WHAT DO I DO? They said they don't return electrical parts and already billed my CC. I refused to pick it up and he said to call him in the morning, he will try calling "National"..he said Nissan, in an effort to cut costs, routinely changes outsourced "overseas" manufacturers and that they could easily be producing parts a shade or two off...thats (*&(*& rediculous when you pay close to 30k for a car.
Old 12-04-2003, 03:24 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by max 01
Here goes...I have an Anniv. '01 Max. The stereo cuts in and out so I ordered a new switch. $62.00 I ordered correctly using the VIN # to avoid getting the wrong part. (there are 5 different succeeding part #'s?)

The part comes in to the dealer today and the lettering (volume-mode etc...) a full shade off. In my car, stock is bright white on glossy black. (there is a volume and mode buttons on the switch and it is mounted on the drivers side wheel). Anyway the dealer swears it is correct going by the VIN and they double check and call Nissan...and the warehouse which confirms the part # is right. I look like the *&^*&^ when I'm telling the guy, it's just not right. It doesn't even match the cruise control switch which sits opposite on the wheel. The one they give me is a black matt finish with very off white, almost grey buttons. WHAT DO I DO? They said they don't return electrical parts and already billed my CC. I refused to pick it up and he said to call him in the morning, he will try calling "National"..he said Nissan, in an effort to cut costs, routinely changes outsourced "overseas" manufacturers and that they could easily be producing parts a shade or two off...thats (*&(*& rediculous when you pay close to 30k for a car.
Before doing anything else call the CC company and dispute the charges. The longer this drags out, the more difficult it will be to recover the money. I'd give the guy one more day to get this right, but if he is unable/unwilling to help you, just dispute the charge and go to another dealership.