5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Update 3.5 Maxima Turbo Kit (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 08:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

2k3-2k3 has higher compression than 2k-2k1.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by BigDogJonx
2k3-2k3 has higher compression than 2k-2k1.
But that is fixable if it's a real problem.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by LithiuMax
And some broken wrists and forearms from all the excess torque steer...
It's not that bad. There must be some really wimpy people here. The car has equal length half shalfs, if you got the HLSD the torque steer should be easily managable. Putting wider 18" or 19" rubber on the car will cause it to pull much more than the torque steer.

If you want bad torque steer go drive a Dodge Omni GLHS.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:01 PM
LithiuMax

Heh.. I was just kidding, really. If torque steer is a problem, then yes, a person would be wimpy. I'm sure that Dodge has a lot of torque steer - I was just saying that with more power comes more torque, and subsequently more torque steer. None of that would stop me from getting a turbo. My wallet on the other hand...

Old 12-07-2003, 09:03 PM

So, what comes with this kit? Does it go standalone engine management, or a special Technosquare ECU, or what? If people want to plan on buying it in the future and they're currently stock know what's in the kit will help them plan their mods accordingly.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by LithiuMax
I'm sure that Dodge has a lot of torque steer - I was just saying that with more power comes more torque, and subsequently more torque steer. None of that would stop me from getting a turbo. My wallet on the other hand...
That Dodge was known for TQ steer. It didn't have equal length half shafts or any sort of LSD. All accounts say it was a disaster in that regard.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:27 PM

Will this kit help my maxima in the snow?

Allright just kidding, lol.

It is very nice to see a company that holds true to it's word. I can not count how many times people (including my self, haha) talked about producing a kit or other mod and failed to do so. So congrats on sticking to your word! I must say I am very interested in this kit my self, hopefully the price wil be respectable Any chance of a group deal?
Old 10-28-2004, 01:00 PM

What happened? Was the kit ever made?
Old 10-28-2004, 01:10 PM

well the kit for the altima is on their site, and the maxima picture is there but there is no link to go with it...weird to see this thread just die like this almost an entire year ago with no one, members or SSR, following up
Old 10-28-2004, 01:18 PM
dot dot dot ...

True. . . . . . . . . . .
Old 10-28-2004, 01:19 PM
mjg

what is weird?

Were you hear for this.
Everyone acted like they were interested, got all hard about it, then no one stepped up to the plate. Also, there are supposedly quality issues with his stuff from some places i've read, but that's not confirmed.

The one guy who did get it, guerro i think is in service now (the altima guy)
He never really followed up with alot of feedback, e.g) track times, or results to
increasing boost and seeing the entire potential of the kit, last i checked he's not around for comments. I don't blame SSR for ditching this place.

If your a brave soul, go try this one. Don't take my skepticism as discouraging, hell if i had the cash now, i wouldn't talk, id' just get it ; )
Old 10-28-2004, 01:23 PM

it was weird because there were all these people posting, SSR was giving info, and then nothing, it just ended, it seems someone would have come across this in a year...but that doesnt even matter. its A LOT of money and even though i do have the money, its not going to be spent on this. i dont know anything about SSR, and i dont go on the altima board, but if someone was selling a used one (yeah i know about the custom one for sale right now, its manual only tho) i might take advantage of it. i mean, we dont even know if this kit works with autos or not.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:28 PM
Oh hi....

The only things gauranteed in life are death, taxes, and cheapskates on the org. Myself included, I wish i had the money!!
Old 10-28-2004, 01:54 PM
imported_JIC_A33

no offense to most of the guys here but it seems the max guys are just too cheap to buy it. wasnt the cost like 5-7K? not many people are going to fork that over.(me included)

Old 10-28-2004, 02:04 PM
dot dot dot ...

We're not too cheap, we're just smarter than that I mean come on $7k. . .no way.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Oh hi....

supply and demand, civic kits are cheap because there are so many to sell. Talk about smarter, SSR is smarter, they are not going to take a loss for us. They are not idiots.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:14 PM
I'm needing a caw

Well tell you what. You design/build a kit with that high quality materials/welds and see how much you end up spending.

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
We're not too cheap, we're just smarter than that I mean come on $7k. . .no way.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:26 PM
imported_JIC_A33

Exactly..............people just dont know...

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Well tell you what. You design/build a kit with that high quality materials/welds and see how much you end up spending.

Old 10-28-2004, 03:28 PM
dot dot dot ...

Still am not going to spend that on my car. I guess I'm used to teh 4th gen where it can be had for 1/2 that price.

And I would rather not build a kit with that fine of quality and materials because of EXACTLY what happeend in this scenario because as I sated before, I'm smarter than that.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:36 PM
I'm needing a caw

There is a BIT of difference inbetween the 4-gen and this one IMHO. Please explain how you're SMARTER THAN THAT. What does that mean?? I mean exactly what happened here?? If anything NOTHING happened here as there's no 3.5 maxima turbo right now.

If you want to say "CHEAPER THAN THAT", that's fine. But CHEAPER does not = SMARTER. Just means you would accept mild steel vs ss, sloppy mig vs tig, fitment problems vs none, etc.....

Still am not going to spend that on my car. I guess I'm used to teh 4th gen where it can be had for 1/2 that price.

And I would rather not build a kit with that fine of quality and materials because of EXACTLY what happeend in this scenario because as I sated before, I'm smarter than that.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:39 PM
dot dot dot ...

Sorry to offend you, but I meant I wouldn't put forth that much effort using such high quality materials to mass produce this system, because as said earlier most people aren't going to dish out that much, there for IMO not worth spending the time and money involved for this project. KEY phrase IMO.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:49 PM
imported_JIC_A33

dont waste your time jeff. i give props to SSR for the kit. its the ricers who ruin it as usual

There is a BIT of difference inbetween the 4-gen and this one IMHO. Please explain how you're SMARTER THAN THAT. What does that mean?? I mean exactly what happened here?? If anything NOTHING happened here as there's no 3.5 maxima turbo right now.

If you want to say "CHEAPER THAN THAT", that's fine. But CHEAPER does not = SMARTER. Just means you would accept mild steel vs ss, sloppy mig vs tig, fitment problems vs none, etc.....

Old 10-28-2004, 03:52 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by JIC_A33
dont waste your time jeff. i give props to SSR for the kit. its the ricers who ruin it as usual
Sorry im not a ricer. . .but you might think so . . .then I am.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:03 PM
mjg

No one bought the kit. Then that means we are all to blame, not "ricers".

Well if the ricers are the ones in civics, with the kits they have such an abundant source of then... I think SSR got jaded because of no clients, not our moral or mentality. It's ironic you know, i mean on the 350z forum, you got many young guys with the money enabled to spend. Here, i don't know? I think if we were enabled after all, this kit would be a mod of the month.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by kcgc187
This looks like good times. I can't wait for some good FI for my 3.5
I assume you will keep the NX when you get the turbo. I will feel sorry for the clutch when that day comes.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:08 PM
imported_JIC_A33

Sorry im not a ricer. . .but you might think so . . .then I am.
u are 23 I am 30..YOU ARE A RICER. and when i was your age, i wasnt a ricer..dammit

Old 10-28-2004, 06:31 PM

Problem is, is 7k is huge. Its great for ***** to the wall racers with the cash but the pfi kit is like 40% cheaper, so i dont see the market in this kind of a set up. Has nothin to do with the people on the org, they are just goin after the wrong demographic, max owners arent the same as the dispendable income g35/350 guys.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:37 PM
imported_JIC_A33

Originally Posted by Karkov
Problem is, is 7k is huge. Its great for ***** to the wall racers with the cash but the pfi kit is like 40% cheaper, so i dont see the market in this kind of a set up. .
PFI kit?

Old 10-28-2004, 06:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

the maxima doesnt seem like a race car. I dont think it would be very safe with more power. I still cant get over the antiquated suspension.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:44 PM
imported_JIC_A33

Originally Posted by mistaneon
the maxima doesnt seem like a race car. I dont think it would be very safe with more power. I still cant get over the antiquated suspension.
we have a genius here!

Old 10-28-2004, 06:51 PM
VQ Wizard

How about everyone just STOP posting nonsense in this thread. Save it for the people that might actually come forward with some credibility to buy this product.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:08 PM
mjg

taken out.

Save this thread for posterity.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:45 PM

im curious as to what this PFI kit is too...we have options?

even if this kit wasnt made directly for the max, it was made for the alti, so its obviously possible, just pricey.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:05 PM

I'm wondering why no one mentioned that SSR wanted a test car that would have to go through trouble of getting this thing installed and would still have to pay full price. So the only thing they'd get is a free install... of a beta-version turbo kit (which could have some impacts on the car... blown engine, who knows? lol). That was the biggest problem I think. I'm pretty sure there are enough people around US to find and buy this kit for their cars, especially with 5.5 gens getting cheaper and cheaper.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:12 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Well if the ricers are the ones in civics, with the kits they have such an abundant source of then...
you will be surprised when a little civic does 9 seconds!

This looked like a cool project, sad that no one is intrested.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:29 PM

Any update on pimpjuices 3.5 turbo maxima?
Old 10-28-2004, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by AKM2k5
Any update on pimpjuices 3.5 turbo maxima?
Yeah....he's selling the turbo kit
Old 10-28-2004, 09:37 PM

what kind of HP numbers?
Old 10-29-2004, 01:35 AM
Still Here... IM me for more..

Originally Posted by carabuser
I'm wondering why no one mentioned that SSR wanted a test car that would have to go through trouble of getting this thing installed and would still have to pay full price. So the only thing they'd get is a free install... of a beta-version turbo kit (which could have some impacts on the car... blown engine, who knows? lol). That was the biggest problem I think. I'm pretty sure there are enough people around US to find and buy this kit for their cars, especially with 5.5 gens getting cheaper and cheaper.
I was emailing SSR back and forth about this kit... Basically, they said that if I would be the test car, all I would be paying would be the cost of the parts...

However, they said that would be around $5000 - $5500, which I find hard to believe. I could probably buy all the parts myself, other than the custom exhaust manifolds, for cheaper than this.

I plan on calling and talking to them in person and finding out how the "parts only" cost could amount to $5000-5500...

Also, they wanted me to leave the car with them for about a month...

I'm still debating this.... so if anyone wants to help throw some $ my way to help cover the cost, I'd be willing to accept it...
Old 10-29-2004, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by HNDA ETR
I was emailing SSR back and forth about this kit... Basically, they said that if I would be the test car, all I would be paying would be the cost of the parts...

However, they said that would be around $5000 - $5500, which I find hard to believe. I could probably buy all the parts myself, other than the custom exhaust manifolds, for cheaper than this.

I plan on calling and talking to them in person and finding out how the "parts only" cost could amount to $5000-5500...

Also, they wanted me to leave the car with them for about a month...

I'm still debating this.... so if anyone wants to help throw some $ my way to help cover the cost, I'd be willing to accept it...
wonder how much they have to sell it for to make any profit if it cost 5-5.5k for them

for your project - man, let Tony do it

Quick Reply: Update 3.5 Maxima Turbo Kit (Pics)