5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

wind noise TSB

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 11:36 PM

wind noise TSB

ok i tryed search but for some reason it wont let me.... newaiz.... yea how many of u guys got this performed??? did the dealer do any damage to the doors?? im just really paraoid lettin my dealer do work on my car.... but i have no choice cuz the wind noise is kinda gettin on my nerves... and yes i tryed bumping up the music but at some point the rattle of the back sub place gets annoying too..... yea newiaz thanx in advance!
Old 12-06-2003, 12:16 AM
92 SE-R 02 SE

i got mine done. no damage..huge difference. just find a good dealer...i know. they dont exist..lol

Old 12-08-2003, 01:11 PM

wind noise...

Originally Posted by ...
ok i tryed search but for some reason it wont let me.... newaiz.... yea how many of u guys got this performed??? did the dealer do any damage to the doors?? im just really paraoid lettin my dealer do work on my car.... but i have no choice cuz the wind noise is kinda gettin on my nerves... and yes i tryed bumping up the music but at some point the rattle of the back sub place gets annoying too..... yea newiaz thanx in advance!
Hi,

Do you know exactly what they did- I wanna fix it myself.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:13 PM
IgS

Originally Posted by max 01
Hi,

Do you know exactly what they did- I wanna fix it myself.
just go to a dealer, i got mine done at my local, and they gave me no problems at all, and they are considered to be a $hitty dealership....plus if they mess up u can go back complaining to them, but if you mess up trying to fix it, then well you cant complain to anyone other then yourself....only took an hour at the dealer.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I had it done twice. The first time, it got mostly better but over time it got worse again and just last week I had it done again. It's a lot better now. Mine came from the right-rear. They just put in some foam tape. I actually did what the TSB said to do to diagnose it, put some masking tape around the area indicated and drove it, and it made it better so I was sure that's what it was. The dealer didn't even test drive it, I told them I put the masking tape on and gave them a copy of the TSB.

I just wonder if it got worse by moving the window up and down, if it loosened the tape. I think I am going to never wind down my window now
Old 12-09-2003, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by sentient
I had it done twice. The first time, it got mostly better but over time it got worse again and just last week I had it done again. It's a lot better now. Mine came from the right-rear. They just put in some foam tape. I actually did what the TSB said to do to diagnose it, put some masking tape around the area indicated and drove it, and it made it better so I was sure that's what it was. The dealer didn't even test drive it, I told them I put the masking tape on and gave them a copy of the TSB.

I just wonder if it got worse by moving the window up and down, if it loosened the tape. I think I am going to never wind down my window now

Hey, I see that you are brand new to the ORG. Welcome. We are having a meet tonight at Hooters in Fairfax. I'll be in Bethesda around 7:30 if you wanna roll. We need as many 5th gens as possible. The 4th gens are taking over.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by AE SEoulchild
Hey, I see that you are brand new to the ORG. Welcome. We are having a meet tonight at Hooters in Fairfax. I'll be in Bethesda around 7:30 if you wanna roll. We need as many 5th gens as possible. The 4th gens are taking over.
Actually I joined up 3 years ago even before I bought the car to ask questions, etc. I think my account got deleted when this site transitioned formats, or maybe it expired... now my post count starts at 0 again..

I can't make it but thanks for the invite..
Old 12-09-2003, 09:32 PM

I've had my windows fixed several times. This problem always comes back on the driver side for some reason, damn Nissan. Yes, good Nissan dealers do exist, but few and far between. I like Hawkinson Nissan in Matteson, IL.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by ...
I had mine done twice on the pass side and once on the drivers. It makes a HUGE difference.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:37 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by joebrez
I had mine done twice on the pass side and once on the drivers. It makes a HUGE difference.

I have a 2002 SE .. that has 39000 miles on it (out of 3/36 warranty) can i still get this TSB done or does the car still have to be under warranty ??
Old 12-10-2003, 07:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Webby
I have a 2002 SE .. that has 39000 miles on it (out of 3/36 warranty) can i still get this TSB done or does the car still have to be under warranty ??
My dealer (service advisor) said because it's a TSB that they may still fix it under warranty, but that was in the context of me having it done already and asked what do I do when it fails again and I'm no longer under warranty. Dealers have discretion to extend warranty as told by them and by Nissan consumer affairs line. You may be able to find a dealer willing to do it. It's less than an hour of labor according to the TSB so it may not be too expensive to pay for it if you have to. The part probably costs pennies, it's just tape.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:25 AM

I have never went in on a TSB. Kind of a dumb question but are TSB's free while under warrenty?
Old 12-10-2003, 07:49 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yes, should be free anytime, a TSB is like a weak version of a recall
Old 12-10-2003, 11:07 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by AE SEoulchild
I lived in the NOVA area and want to get involved with some org guys down there.... but I live in Gettysburg. I have freinds and clients there and get down every so often. Keep me posted on possible meets.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by IgS
just go to a dealer, i got mine done at my local, and they gave me no problems at all, and they are considered to be a $hitty dealership....plus if they mess up u can go back complaining to them, but if you mess up trying to fix it, then well you cant complain to anyone other then yourself....only took an hour at the dealer.
igs where did you get yours done? I went to evanston nissan and they didn' tdo anything. maybe your dealer is my answer.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:06 AM

Anyone from Illinois?
Old 12-22-2003, 12:02 PM

TSB for Wind Noise

Originally Posted by ...

Here is the link: http://www.atalla.net/maxima/WindNoiseTSB.pdf
There's a sticky posted with lots of the TSB's and this one is in that list. I have my car in the shop today for right rear wind noise and some other stuff. The advisor said they keep repair kits on hand and it's no charge.