5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Guess What??????

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 08:28 AM

Guess What??????

Hey guys, this morning took in my 00 Auto Se to the dealership cuz my tranny is still bucking and and slipping even after i got the tsb done. So i got the same service tech to ride with me and i made that tranny slam like crazy so that he could see something was wrong. So he said "yeah, it shouldn't be slamming like that, i'll call Corporate Nissan in California and give them my report and 9 times out of 10 they'll tell me to replace the whole transmission" That was good to hear. How long does the tranny replace take?? Anyone had it done and is it updated and stronger? Also, i told him that my car was sluggish at low rpm's and it rev's high and he said that this could be caused by the transmission also. Is that possible? I told him to check for a twisted hose but he said they were fine.
All help appreciated
Old 12-11-2003, 09:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Good deal with the tranny, never had it done though. It could take a few days to change a tranny. I'd ask for a loaner car. Good luck
Old 12-11-2003, 11:01 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by milellie111
Hey guys, this morning took in my 00 Auto Se to the dealership cuz my tranny is still bucking and and slipping even after i got the tsb done. So i got the same service tech to ride with me and i made that tranny slam like crazy so that he could see something was wrong. So he said "yeah, it shouldn't be slamming like that, i'll call Corporate Nissan in California and give them my report and 9 times out of 10 they'll tell me to replace the whole transmission" That was good to hear. How long does the tranny replace take?? Anyone had it done and is it updated and stronger? Also, i told him that my car was sluggish at low rpm's and it rev's high and he said that this could be caused by the transmission also. Is that possible? I told him to check for a twisted hose but he said they were fine.
All help appreciated
Im not trying to discourage you but every time ive heard of someone getting their tranny replaced it is practically always a rebuilt. Which is never as good or strong as the original. So when you get the car back i would be a little more careful than before.
Please correct me if im wrong but ive never heard of them putting in a stronger, brand new tranny.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Cletus

i had mine replaced with a "remanufactured" one about 6 months ago.
rebuild means - replace ONLY the bad parts on yours (meaning replace as little as they can to make it work "right") all done at dealership
remanufactured - EVERYTHING is replaced. basically just housing is old. this is done at main nissan headquarters then shipped.
took mine about 2 weeks to get the tranny then put it in.
not problems with new tranny itself, is was "better and stronger". just TCM problems that just started.