5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Cattman FSTB w/ pic and info on new cattman products

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2001, 07:14 PM

well, today i went over to maxrev motorsports in tempe, arizona to get my car fitted for the new rstb from cattman (i am the prototype) and i saw some really interesting stuff...here is some info on the new cattman products...hope this helps

the fstb looks great...i saw it in person today for the first time and i think it is nicer than the stillen and courtesy...here is the pic

if pic doesn't work, try this link... http://www.geocities.com/turboburnout/fstb.jpg
i know the entire bar looks black but that is just the camera angle...the brackets from the bar are actually black powdercoat w/ the cattman logo etched in and the bar is polished aluminum (looks chrome)...it looks great, i think even nicer than the stillen bar and is now on sale for $65 plus s&h...it is just like the courtesy bar though where it may require slight bracket modification, but for that price and the way it looks, it is well worth it

i'm sure plenty of you want to know what the things on top of the strut towers...well those are actually part of the new coilover system and they replace the front strut towers and cambers (something of that effect...i didn't follow everything he said)...they told me those are going to retail for about $600 if you don't buy the coilovers, but if you spend the $1700-1800 for the coilovers, they come with it

here is part of the email brian catts sent w/ this pic

"At this moment, my top priority is to get the new coilover design out. check out the picture I've attached of the new over-tower camber plates that add over an inch of strut clearance by raising the top mount. We're working on some details yet, but this system will be phenomenal. Probably still a few weeks out, but I'd like to find someone in the Phoenix area with a 5th gen to try out an early set. Those will be sold at a modest discount, though I would call them early production rather than prototype sets. I'm not making them until I'm basically satisfied with the prototype version I'm trying out now."

i emailed him about group deals for the cattman ss y-pipe and the b-pipe (which they DO make...i saw one today and it sells for about $100 and is well worth it...i am getting it soon) and this fstb (i doubt we can do better than $65 though) and about his new CAI which is very similar to the place racing cold air intake in design, but is roughly the same price and is much better quality (stainless steel w/ billet aluminum adaptors to the maf rather than the normal plastic or rubber that the pr comes w/)...i'll let everyone know what he says about the group deals but i'll probably buy his fstb now since it is on sale and i won't have to pay shipping (just tax)

hopes this helped some of you...if you have any questions please post them on here rather than emailing me...thanks
Old 02-28-2001, 07:22 PM

damnit, wtf is wrong w/ geocities? errrrr i hate it i hate it i hate it...can someone else re-post that pic somewhere else (*cough cough* kev *cough cough*? i'm too lazy to sign up for something other than geocities
Old 02-28-2001, 08:10 PM
RBa

Re: Here!!

Old 02-28-2001, 08:11 PM

damnit, still didn't work rba
Old 02-28-2001, 08:14 PM
RussMaxManiac

Go to his directory. Just remove the .JPG file, and it will show all his picture, scroll down till you find it and click on it. That worked for me.

That STB is the same ones that Courtesy sells except for the cattman logo etched. HEHE I like your coilover tower tops!

Originally posted by MrBurner
well, today i went over to maxrev motorsports in tempe, arizona to get my car fitted for the new rstb from cattman (i am the prototype) and i saw some really interesting stuff...here is some info on the new cattman products...hope this helps

the fstb looks great...i saw it in person today for the first time and i think it is nicer than the stillen and courtesy...here is the pic

if pic doesn't work, try this link... http://www.geocities.com/turboburnout/fstb.jpg
i know the entire bar looks black but that is just the camera angle...the brackets from the bar are actually black powdercoat w/ the cattman logo etched in and the bar is polished aluminum (looks chrome)...it looks great, i think even nicer than the stillen bar and is now on sale for $65 plus s&h...it is just like the courtesy bar though where it may require slight bracket modification, but for that price and the way it looks, it is well worth it

i'm sure plenty of you want to know what the things on top of the strut towers...well those are actually part of the new coilover system and they replace the front strut towers and cambers (something of that effect...i didn't follow everything he said)...they told me those are going to retail for about $600 if you don't buy the coilovers, but if you spend the $1700-1800 for the coilovers, they come with it

here is part of the email brian catts sent w/ this pic

"At this moment, my top priority is to get the new coilover design out. check out the picture I've attached of the new over-tower camber plates that add over an inch of strut clearance by raising the top mount. We're working on some details yet, but this system will be phenomenal. Probably still a few weeks out, but I'd like to find someone in the Phoenix area with a 5th gen to try out an early set. Those will be sold at a modest discount, though I would call them early production rather than prototype sets. I'm not making them until I'm basically satisfied with the prototype version I'm trying out now."

i emailed him about group deals for the cattman ss y-pipe and the b-pipe (which they DO make...i saw one today and it sells for about $100 and is well worth it...i am getting it soon) and this fstb (i doubt we can do better than $65 though) and about his new CAI which is very similar to the place racing cold air intake in design, but is roughly the same price and is much better quality (stainless steel w/ billet aluminum adaptors to the maf rather than the normal plastic or rubber that the pr comes w/)...i'll let everyone know what he says about the group deals but i'll probably buy his fstb now since it is on sale and i won't have to pay shipping (just tax)

hopes this helped some of you...if you have any questions please post them on here rather than emailing me...thanks

Old 02-28-2001, 08:19 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Looks like a black Courtesy brace.
Old 02-28-2001, 08:23 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Looks like a black Courtesy brace.
It probably is, same manufacture which is topspeed or something like that, and cattman throws his logo on it. Everything matches it identically.

Old 02-28-2001, 08:29 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Does anyone have a Courtesy brace picture they would like to share/post?
Old 02-28-2001, 08:40 PM

here is the pic from the courtesy website

i saw the courtesy bar on adams car and it looked small...this one looked a lot beefier than the courtesy bar and looked nicer (maybe it was just me)...maxrev in tempe arizona makes this bar but it is completely posibile that they used the courtesy design...i just like it a lot...stillens would look a lot better if it had a different color bracket rather than gold (btw...cattmans bar is cheaper than courtesys...cattman w/ shipping is $83 whereas the courtesy w/ shipping is right around $100)...i like the black brackets and i thought it looked different than the courtesy but it might not...o well, i'm probably going to get this because i like it and its cheap (my 2 favorite things)
Old 02-28-2001, 08:54 PM
RussMaxManiac

Wait a sec, did courtesy jump there prices on there STBs? Last time I checked, they were $60-70 for the front.

i saw the courtesy bar on adams car and it looked small...this one looked a lot beefier than the courtesy bar and looked nicer (maybe it was just me)...maxrev in tempe arizona makes this bar but it is completely posibile that they used the courtesy design...i just like it a lot...stillens would look a lot better if it had a different color bracket rather than gold (btw...cattmans bar is cheaper than courtesys...cattman w/ shipping is $83 whereas the courtesy w/ shipping is right around $100)...i like the black brackets and i thought it looked different than the courtesy but it might not...o well, i'm probably going to get this because i like it and its cheap (my 2 favorite things)

Old 02-28-2001, 09:10 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Doesn't 4th gens have brackets like Cattman's brace?
Old 02-28-2001, 09:14 PM

russ, $89.95 from the courtesy website plus figure $8 shipping...cattmans is $65 plus 18 shipping (i don't pay shipping though, just tax which is like $5)

kev, yes, they have the same brackets as the courtesy bars for 4th gen maxes, but i'd still rather have the extra money for the y-pipe and other stuff...its a great deal and it will perform the same
Old 02-28-2001, 09:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Mr. Burner ...

What adjustments are needed 2 install this sucker on2 the 5th Gen?

Tkx

Plz keep us posted on the CAI!!!!
Old 02-28-2001, 09:22 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

kev, yes, they have the same brackets as the courtesy bars for 4th gen maxes, but i'd still rather have the extra money for the y-pipe and other stuff...its a great deal and it will perform the same
Very true... but Stillen's brace looks better.
Old 02-28-2001, 09:29 PM

kev, thats like comparing jenny mccarthy to pamela lee...they both look great
Old 03-01-2001, 11:55 AM

i'm not testing the coilovers...thats just a pic brian catts sent me...they want $1500 from me to test the coilovers while they actually sell them for a few hundred more than that...i may get coilovers awhile down the line, but not at the moment...

it is the same as the courtesy 4th gen fstb as far as install goes...some people w/ 5th gens have to sand down that little piece of metal that sticks out from the front of the strut tower on the drivers side (if you look, there is a piece of metal that doens't do anything that just sits there for no reason)...i think its worth it for $65
Old 05-30-2002, 05:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

is the FSTB available for the 2K2? I am very curious.
Old 05-30-2002, 06:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by importspeed24v
is the FSTB available for the 2K2? I am very curious.
I can't believe you revived this thread!