5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Xenon Crystal Bulbs (Yes? or No?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2001, 10:23 AM
Maxx Atlanta

Hey Team,
I went to the Nissan Dealership and the parts guy I know sent me to automod, here in atlanta to pickup the following bulbs:

Eurolite Xenon Crystal Bulb H4 12V 60/55W (for Headlights)
Eurolite Xenon Crystal Bulb H3 12V 55W (for Fog lights)

The reason:
I want to get that bluish looking headlight look on the 2K1 MAX-SE but I personally know nothing about the lighting system on the Maxima. Anyway, The mechanic at the dealership that takes care of the car said, HELL NO!! to the bulbs, and to go get a refund!! mentioning that they would immediately melt down the Housing around the bulbs, an the fact that nissans don't have good results from those bulbs or that kind of lighting. Is this True??? If that's the case then what type of lighting is in the infiniti I-30...it's got that bluish look?? an it's a Nissan!!

Can you guys point me in the direction of what exactly I need in order to get that look on a 2K1 Max-se...both the headlight and fog light. I'm sure this question or similar questions has been poised a few times, so info on certain links for this question would be appreiciated! Thank for your time...Team

-Quentin-

Old 03-01-2001, 07:51 PM

the infiniti i30 has a real h.i.d. system on it...to get that look that the infiniti has you have to buy a real phillips hid system (same look as bmw's, audis and all those pricey cars)...the cheapest you can find one for is around $450 or so look in the for sale section on the site (if you buy it on a normal site it will cost you around $700)...the only problem with the phillips hid system is that it is only single filament which means you lose your high beams...no more brights...they do make double filament hid lights, but they cost around $1000 for a good deal ($around $1300 normally)...everyone who has real hids are extremely happy with them and say they light up the road unimaginitively (sp?) better...everyone loves them, but it is a lot of money to spend on something like that

if you want a blue ricey look (like what i have) you can go with raybrig metal white h4 bulbs (check the group buy section of this site for a good deal) and if you want a purple look like the real hids have, go with piaa plasma h4's...the piaas and raybrigs should improve the visibility a little bit from stock and give you some color in the bulbs...
Old 03-01-2001, 08:47 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by Maxx Atlanta
Eurolite Xenon Crystal Bulb H4 12V 60/55W (for Headlights)
Eurolite Xenon Crystal Bulb H3 12V 55W (for Fog lights)
I remember someone posting about blowing a Eurolite bulb in their housing. I also know someone that has had that happen to them. My suggestion... go return them.