5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Bose system way to much bass?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004 | 11:59 AM

Bose system way to much bass?

In my 2000 i30t, I notice that although the system pumps , I notice that when turning up the volume the bass is just too much. I have turned the bass down all the way sometimes and its still way to much bass. Is this normal? also there some kind of rattling when the system is full blast. I mean, no complaints because the system rocks, but any way to make it more clear? I am a producer who produces music, so clearity is key. I dont know if others feel the same way about the bose system, but maybe there is some hack or thing I could do to make it sound a tiny bit clear.
Old 01-12-2004 | 12:11 PM

Hey edubz...You're gonna want to replace your tweeters. The Bose is so midrange biased that you're not getting enough highend to balance your midbass. Go with the Polk 3500's. I put them in and it was incredible how much better my stereo sounds now. Before I had to keep my bass all the way down, but now I keep it at -2. Overall the level is much flatter and has much better imaging. I produce too and the stock Bose system drove me nuts too. Get those Polks installed and you will really notice an improvement
Old 01-12-2004 | 12:13 PM
PAPA SMURF

replace bose crap with diamond components and you'll love the sound....contact Pearl96Max for some dynamite diamond pricing
Old 01-12-2004 | 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Benj-AMG
Hey edubz...You're gonna want to replace your tweeters. The Bose is so midrange biased that you're not getting enough highend to balance your midbass. Go with the Polk 3500's. I put them in and it was incredible how much better my stereo sounds now. Before I had to keep my bass all the way down, but now I keep it at -2. Overall the level is much flatter and has much better imaging. I produce too and the stock Bose system drove me nuts too. Get those Polks installed and you will really notice an improvement
Hello and thank you for your reply. Can I do this upgrade by just taking out the speakers? Do I need a new radio or cut any wires? If its just a matter of putting in new speakers then its great. I dont know how the system works, but on my old car I had premium sound, and it cost an extra $100 because of this feature. Dont know how it is with the i30/max.
Old 01-12-2004 | 12:45 PM
PAPA SMURF

Originally Posted by edubz
Hello and thank you for your reply. Can I do this upgrade by just taking out the speakers? Do I need a new radio or cut any wires? If its just a matter of putting in new speakers then its great. I dont know how the system works, but on my old car I had premium sound, and it cost an extra $100 because of this feature. Dont know how it is with the i30/max.

contact PEARL96MAX (don) he will help you and he is in Jersey (only 35 min from Queens)
Old 01-12-2004 | 12:46 PM

for the Polks you can get them at www.crutchfield.com for $59 which is cheaper than I found 6 months ago. Basic stuff..... take out the crappy tweets and swap in the Polks, turn down the treble to center or -2 (based on your music taste) and enjoy.

TRavis
Old 01-12-2004 | 12:47 PM

You can use your stock radio, just remove the A pillar and take out the Bose tweet. The Polk is an easy fit. I have a buddy who does install for an electronics store in Nashville and he did mine for me in about 45 minutes. There have been tons of write ups about doing this... check the stickies. The impedence of the Bose is different and thats what keeps me from messing with the ones in the doors. But the tweeters can be replaced very easily. They fit behind the stock covers even. Well worth it!
Old 01-12-2004 | 01:02 PM

You can use your stock radio, just remove the A pillar and take out the Bose tweet. The Polk is an easy fit. I have a buddy who does install for an electronics store in Nashville and he did mine for me in about 45 minutes. There have been tons of write ups about doing this... check the stickies. The impedence of the Bose is different and thats what keeps me from messing with the ones in the doors. But the tweeters can be replaced very easily. They fit behind the stock covers even. Well worth it!
Well I thought that the problem was with the back speakers. So you say just remove the tiny little speakers and replace with polk audio or other good name speaker and it will sound better? I would have thought the back speakers were the problem.
Old 01-12-2004 | 01:06 PM
PAPA SMURF

Well I thought that the problem was with the back speakers. So you say just remove the tiny little speakers and replace with polk audio or other good name speaker and it will sound better? I would have thought the back speakers were the problem.
-start shameless Don plug

dude take it from a guy who had bose and replaced it ALL. replacing just tweeters wont do much...it might help a BIT, but if you are an audiophile upgrade it ALL

like i said...DIAMOND COMPONENTS OWN!!!

contact PEARL96MAX on here

-end of shameless Don plug
Old 01-12-2004 | 02:04 PM

What do the Diamond Components cost? Same OHM load as the stock Bose?
Old 01-12-2004 | 02:06 PM
PAPA SMURF

What do the Diamond Components cost? Same OHM load as the stock Bose?
NOTHING is same ohm as bose (1.5)...contact Pearl96Max for diamond quotes
Old 01-12-2004 | 05:23 PM

I have some Infinity Kappa 6.5s. Will they work in the front doors?