5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

first day with my TEINS/GR-2!!! WOWWW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 08:44 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally Posted by GreekMaxima
... i think tein and sprint springs are the best out there... you buy them a lot of cheaper than H&R, eibach... and you have nice fuc*ing drop... between tire and fender i can fit one finger -almost-
Depends on what you're definition of "best" is. If it means cheap price and low drop, then yes the Tein/Sprints are the best on the market. If you're talking about all around performance, then no, they're probably the worst. A 2.2" drop in the front and 1.6" drop in the rear gives you about .6-.7" of wheel travel before all the coils hit each other (bottoming out) or the bumpstop contacts the strut housing (assuming you cut the bumpstops 50-70%).

Read any performance handling handbook and you'll see that "low" doesn't equal good handling. The right spring rate, the correct damper, good wheel travel, and just enough lean is what makes a supreme handling car. In 1 year, you'll be wondering why your Teins are riding horribly and why you're bouncing all over the place. It will because your struts are blown. You'll have the image of looking fast, but that's all it will be...an image.

The best handling springs are H&R/Eibachs with adjustable Koni or Illuminas. The reason most people don't like these is because they don't drop enough. Well, the Maxima doesn't have a ton of wheel travel to begin with and the these quality spring companies know that. You get what you pay for with these springs.

If you want low, then JIC FLTs ($1500-1700) are the only way to go. You can have a pretty extreme drop and still keep most of the stock wheel travel because JIC uses shortened sturt housings which increase travel. Again, you get what you pay for.

I'm not here to make enemies with this post, but some of us know better and I just want people to be clear on what they're buying into. It's always better to research and pay a little more upfront to get the quality part. You'll see what I'm saying. I too tried going to the cheap way on numerous things on my car and I've pretty much wasted about $1500. I know better now.

Dave
Old 01-15-2004, 08:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ahhh....DaveB dropping the knowledge.....
Old 01-15-2004, 09:59 AM
FU, FU, FU, You're Cool..

Amazing guys!!! Fuc*ing perfect hanling...!!! Nice drop!! i have already good copliments about them... im very happy with the teins/gr-2!!! I want to thanks proline body shop in NJ for the good job and for the fantastic price ($120 for install), Tom is a very nice guy and he did good job!!!

I got some pics of my drop:

I got some more pics soon...

Where is proline body shop? I live west of Philly(15miles) and the dealer wants 640 f**king dollars to install. I'll drive for that kind of savings
Old 01-15-2004, 10:03 AM

Where is proline body shop?
Can you get me phone#
I live 15 mi. west of philly and Dealer wants 640 to install. I'll drive for this kind of savings
Old 01-15-2004, 10:50 AM

njmaxseltd pm

Report Post | IP: Logged Proline Body and Chassis
545 River Drive
Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
201-398-1512
Old 01-15-2004, 11:47 AM

Thank You Nyc Tar
Old 01-15-2004, 11:54 AM

Good GREEK, Now go get a camera and take some pictures!!!
Old 01-15-2004, 12:30 PM

I agree 100% DaveB.
Hey DaveB.. check ur PM!
Old 01-15-2004, 12:31 PM

Damn, this thread got mad quite after DAVE dropped the bomb on all ya'll..
Old 01-15-2004, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by MaximaPolak
Good GREEK, Now go get a camera and take some pictures!!!
I dont have a scanner...

you can look Lithuimax car is the same with my... he got tein/gr-2 too!!! and he got nice clear pics
Old 01-15-2004, 12:44 PM

how about a nice alignment to go with your new suspension.....
Old 01-15-2004, 12:59 PM

Dave, Thanks for clearing up the matter! I am researching my future suspension and was wondering about that. I think I am going to go with Illuminas and maybe H&R, but what do you thing about Tien H-techs? They don't drop as much as S, how do you think they compare to H&Rs? Thanks

Originally Posted by Dave B
Depends on what you're definition of "best" is. If it means cheap price and low drop, then yes the Tein/Sprints are the best on the market. If you're talking about all around performance, then no, they're probably the worst. A 2.2" drop in the front and 1.6" drop in the rear gives you about .6-.7" of wheel travel before all the coils hit each other (bottoming out) or the bumpstop contacts the strut housing (assuming you cut the bumpstops 50-70%).

Read any performance handling handbook and you'll see that "low" doesn't equal good handling. The right spring rate, the correct damper, good wheel travel, and just enough lean is what makes a supreme handling car. In 1 year, you'll be wondering why your Teins are riding horribly and why you're bouncing all over the place. It will because your struts are blown. You'll have the image of looking fast, but that's all it will be...an image.

The best handling springs are H&R/Eibachs with adjustable Koni or Illuminas. The reason most people don't like these is because they don't drop enough. Well, the Maxima doesn't have a ton of wheel travel to begin with and the these quality spring companies know that. You get what you pay for with these springs.

If you want low, then JIC FLTs ($1500-1700) are the only way to go. You can have a pretty extreme drop and still keep most of the stock wheel travel because JIC uses shortened sturt housings which increase travel. Again, you get what you pay for.

I'm not here to make enemies with this post, but some of us know better and I just want people to be clear on what they're buying into. It's always better to research and pay a little more upfront to get the quality part. You'll see what I'm saying. I too tried going to the cheap way on numerous things on my car and I've pretty much wasted about $1500. I know better now.

Dave
Old 01-15-2004, 01:37 PM

u guys want pictures ill deliver.....i have the same setup now for almost a week and ahlf and the car in the front has almost no gapp.....the ride quality is good and firm except over big bumps...then it feels like u lost ur wheel...the handling is amazing .....i took a 60 degree turn onthe highway at about 120 without the car moving it was great....ill show pictures today.....
Old 01-15-2004, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by greekmax2k1
u guys want pictures ill deliver.....i have the same setup now for almost a week and ahlf and the car in the front has almost no gapp.....the ride quality is good and firm except over big bumps...then it feels like u lost ur wheel...the handling is amazing .....i took a 60 degree turn onthe highway at about 120 without the car moving it was great....ill show pictures today.....
WOW THAT SOUNDS GOOD.

WE NEED MORE PICS. over Teins and GR-2s
Old 01-15-2004, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dave B

Dave
very well said
Old 01-15-2004, 01:52 PM

here are the pics.....excuse the snow but i cant help it...

Old 01-15-2004, 02:40 PM

re malaka where did you paint your caliper and how much?

yeah... Teins power brother!!!!
Old 01-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Joo wanna play??......ok we go to war

Originally Posted by greekmax2k1

looking good Gus i have to see it in person soon

-J
Old 01-15-2004, 09:13 PM

glad u guys like them...
Old 01-17-2004, 09:29 AM

i did the calipers.....learn to dob **** urself malaka....save some money
Old 01-17-2004, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sammzway
Damn, this thread got mad quite after DAVE dropped the bomb on all ya'll..
Hey bro I live 5 min away form you. I am On 111 on Jamaica Ave!

Oh and to add to this post stock SE suspension has the best ride quality ever!I have AGX and Eibach . I can adjust all day and not find a ride quality that is smooth enough, or have the stability of the SE suspension.
I know many of you guys will say , "what do you know,go back to the4th Gen forum. Well we are a family of maximas; my brother (deven2kstick) had consecutively 00 & 01 SE Maximas and is currently on a 6th gen (also stick). I 've had 3rd gen and now on my 4th gen. Oh and every geezer in my family have a 01 or 03 max SE.
Now to be more on topic my brother and myself had changed most known popular combination of springs, B & G ; H&R ; Eibach . We have combined them with tokico blues, Gr2 and of course the POS AGX ! They all suck , SUCK A--! I am waiting for warm weather to go back to stock springs and Stock SE dampers.

Oh for those of you that are wussies to admit it bounce ( you know the little dip that the front of the car makes when you are going fast on the highway , and the road has little imperfections? Or you are going slow on a bumpy road and your jaw feels like it wants to smack your upper teeth?) with "aftermarket springs" if either 0- non existant with the stock SE suspension. Becareful what you wish for.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:34 AM

H&Rs on a Jetta are hot!!! with tockicos. The ride is great.

I wanna lower my car with H&Rs with tockicos also because the ride is not rough but pretty smooth. I think it has the best ride.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:48 AM

greek...daaaamn dude...
your gonna **** up your rims in the snow with all the salt on the roads...
your car looks good man...i can't wait to put my teins on...
Old 01-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally Posted by maxdis1
Hey bro I live 5 min away form you. I am On 111 on Jamaica Ave!

Oh and to add to this post stock SE suspension has the best ride quality ever!I have AGX and Eibach . I can adjust all day and not find a ride quality that is smooth enough, or have the stability of the SE suspension.
I know many of you guys will say , "what do you know,go back to the4th Gen forum. Well we are a family of maximas; my brother (deven2kstick) had consecutively 00 & 01 SE Maximas and is currently on a 6th gen (also stick). I 've had 3rd gen and now on my 4th gen. Oh and every geezer in my family have a 01 or 03 max SE.
Now to be more on topic my brother and myself had changed most known popular combination of springs, B & G ; H&R ; Eibach . We have combined them with tokico blues, Gr2 and of course the POS AGX ! They all suck , SUCK A--! I am waiting for warm weather to go back to stock springs and Stock SE dampers.

Oh for those of you that are wussies to admit it bounce ( you know the little dip that the front of the car makes when you are going fast on the highway , and the road has little imperfections? Or you are going slow on a bumpy road and your jaw feels like it wants to smack your upper teeth?) with "aftermarket springs" if either 0- non existant with the stock SE suspension. Becareful what you wish for.

The problem is with the AGXs. They're super stiff and get really stiff in the winter. Koni and Illuminas are the only way to go. I have Koni's in the front and AGXs in the rear. I will be removing my AGXs and replace them with Koni's because the AGXs ride noticably harsher, especially below 40 degrees. BTW, I run my suspension at ~20% firmness in temps below 40, 60% firmness in temps 40-70 degrees, and ~80% in anything warmer. The ride quality stays pretty much the same.

Subframe connectors will also dramatically improve ride quality. It's unreal the difference they make.

Dave
Old 01-17-2004, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by BLKMAX005SPD
greek...daaaamn dude...
your gonna **** up your rims in the snow with all the salt on the roads...
your car looks good man...i can't wait to put my teins on...
I know man... its soo fuc*ing cold outside and i cant wash my baby!!! Salt everywhere, ice everywhere, snow everywhere, my car its so dirty man!!
Teins is the best man... you will love it!! believe me!!!

cant wait until summer!!!
Old 01-17-2004, 02:34 PM

I know man... its soo fuc*ing cold outside and i cant wash my baby!!! Salt everywhere, ice everywhere, snow everywhere, my car its so dirty man!!
Teins is the best man... you will love it!! believe me!!!

cant wait until summer!!!
As soon as it gets warm, GreekMaxima, come to my house and I will wash yours along with mine!
Old 01-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Joo wanna play??......ok we go to war

Originally Posted by MaximaPolak
As soon as it gets warm, GreekMaxima, come to my house and I will wash yours along with mine!

****!!! ill come by and you can wash mine too
Old 01-17-2004, 03:34 PM

polak you found a new job bro... keep going man!!! washer boy
Old 01-29-2004, 03:07 PM

some pics of my drop