5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Did burnout ABS light on

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Did burnout ABS light on

Why? Make it go bye, bye
Old 02-19-2004, 03:45 PM

Shut off the car, turn it back on, etc... maybe the out-of-control slippage tripped the computer's fault detection?

Or maybe you damaged the ABS wheel sensor ... not sure how much those go, but I know they're not cheap
Old 02-19-2004, 03:49 PM

Most likely its not damaged. Its part of the ABS modulation system. Happens all the time to my car on the dyno. The wheels are moving and the rears are standing still, the ABS computer triggers a fault.

It should turn off within a few minutes of driving.

Originally Posted by spirilis
Shut off the car, turn it back on, etc... maybe the out-of-control slippage tripped the computer's fault detection?

Or maybe you damaged the ABS wheel sensor ... not sure how much those go, but I know they're not cheap
Old 02-19-2004, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by packetattack
Most likely its not damaged. Its part of the ABS modulation system. Happens all the time to my car on the dyno. The wheels are moving and the rears are standing still, the ABS computer triggers a fault.

It should turn off within a few minutes of driving.
Sounds about right. That's what most ABS do when there is no input from stationary sensors for too long. I've seen it happen on Dodge trucks at work when the rear end is jacked up and the fronts are on the ground. The computer thinks there is a problem because the front sensors don't give feedback. The ABS light comes on.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Banned

Hey guys, when it was snowing reallly baddd here in New York and i used to skid all the time, the abs never came on, yet the brake peddle would kick back really hard. I know it was the abs kicking in but the light never came on. My father drove my car and said the abs on my car feels really bad, i dont know if its mine or if all max's are like this, but he said it doesnt stop quick enough and the pedal kicks too hard. Any comments? Thanks

brandon
Old 02-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by BrandonSE
Hey guys, when it was snowing reallly baddd here in New York and i used to skid all the time, the abs never came on, yet the brake peddle would kick back really hard. I know it was the abs kicking in but the light never came on. My father drove my car and said the abs on my car feels really bad, i dont know if its mine or if all max's are like this, but he said it doesnt stop quick enough and the pedal kicks too hard. Any comments? Thanks

brandon
The ABS light does not come on just because the ABS is operating. When you felt the pedal kick back, it was on! I would say the Max pedal seems to vibrate a little stronger than other systems, but mine works excellent, stop great for me. Especially in icy conditions.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by BrandonSE

brandon
The ABS light will not likely come on unless you have a problem in your system. Does it light up when you turn on your key? If your wheels lock up for extended periods, your ABS is not working properly and you should have the warning light on. You should be able to feel the brake pedal pulsing from the ABS modulator if any wheel stops spinning.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:49 PM

right now im trying to reset the ecu. will keep you guys updated
Old 02-23-2004, 09:49 AM

K THE RESET DIDNT DO ANYTHING, BUT AS SOON AS I STARTED DRIVING THE CAR IT WENT AWAY. ANOTHER THING PICTURES OF MY BURNOUT http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/429406/4