5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

install a grill

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 04:47 PM

installing a grill

what is the best way to install a grill tech grill. i know, i know, i know. they rust. but i already have them and i am going to do some serious rust treatment on the things. i know about jms too. im going through with this. some may think its stupid, but i love a challange. So what is the best way. Are zip ties the way to install it, or the only way? I took a look at the oem grill set up, but it was dark outside. wanted to see how to install this thing. I didnt see any way to mount it. Do you wire it to what the oem is screwed too? Is there a forum some where? Let me now. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:47 AM
BiggD23

Originally Posted by greenguy
what is the best way to install a grill tech grill. i know, i know, i know. they rust. but i already have them and i am going to do some serious rust treatment on the things. i know about jms too. im going through with this. some may think its stupid, but i love a challange. So what is the best way. Are zip ties the way to install it, or the only way? I took a look at the oem grill set up, but it was dark outside. wanted to see how to install this thing. I didnt see any way to mount it. Do you wire it to what the oem is screwed too? Is there a forum some where? Let me now. Thanks.
There really aren't alot of good places to attach the zip ties to once you get the stock grill out. You'll see that the OEM screw holes aren't really in the ideal place to hold a mesh grill in place with zip ties only. I drilled a few small holes in the fiberglass behind the stock grill to run the zip ties through. (You'll know what I mean once you have it out.) There are several posts back there that are completely covered once the grill is in so you can't see the holes anyway.

GO PHILLIES

Old 02-24-2004, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by BiggD23
There really aren't alot of good places to attach the zip ties to once you get the stock grill out. You'll see that the OEM screw holes aren't really in the ideal place to hold a mesh grill in place with zip ties only. I drilled a few small holes in the fiberglass behind the stock grill to run the zip ties through. (You'll know what I mean once you have it out.) There are several posts back there that are completely covered once the grill is in so you can't see the holes anyway.

GO PHILLIES

Thanks for the help.
The new stadium is going to be awesome.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:20 PM
CCx

Originally Posted by BiggD23
GO PHILLIES
OT: Damn straight, just got my letter to order opening day tix today....woohoo! Can't wait