5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Window UP with OEM remote

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 07:22 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Just wondering when a date will be available for this.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yesss!!!

Very, Very much interested!!!!! Great job kevin!
Old 03-15-2004, 01:02 PM

so this defently wont work on the 2ks right or will you be able to make one for the 2k
Old 03-15-2004, 04:14 PM

Definitely interested. I'm looking at the Viper remote start/security system - would this have any impact on that?
Old 03-15-2004, 04:54 PM

Count me in as well.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:05 PM

Put me on the list!
Old 03-17-2004, 05:48 AM
92 SE-R 02 SE

bump..any updates?

Old 03-17-2004, 06:03 AM

I'm interested also. i didnt know we had the window up feature with the key. The things i found out on the org. as soon as i saw this i ran outside to try Like i got the car all over again hehe.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:54 AM

I'm interested
Old 03-17-2004, 08:34 AM

Put me down for this.

I always thought the dumbest thing i ever heard of was that some genius nissan engineers thought that we might want to roll our windows down from across the parking lot but couldn't fathom why we would want them to come back up.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by KPierson
Installation is quick and easy assuming you can use a multimeter and take the door panel off. You can find instructions for removing the door panel on the internet. All necesarry wires are inside the door, and in the instruction sheet that comes with the module I describe how to meter each wire to make sure you find the correct wires. On the Max today it took us right around an hour to install it completely. There are only 5 wires that need to be hooked up, and 4 of them are in the power window module wire harness. Within the next two weeks we will be launching a website (hopefully) to expedite ordering. The demand for this module has skyrocketed since the original ideal so the 20 or so modules we initially offer will go quick!

Kevin

KPierson - I PM'ed you. Please read.

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2004, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by KPierson
Installation is quick and easy assuming you can use a multimeter and take the door panel off. You can find instructions for removing the door panel on the internet. All necesarry wires are inside the door, and in the instruction sheet that comes with the module I describe how to meter each wire to make sure you find the correct wires. On the Max today it took us right around an hour to install it completely. There are only 5 wires that need to be hooked up, and 4 of them are in the power window module wire harness. Within the next two weeks we will be launching a website (hopefully) to expedite ordering. The demand for this module has skyrocketed since the original ideal so the 20 or so modules we initially offer will go quick!

Kevin
please let us know when

i am soo down (or up ) for this
Old 05-26-2004, 11:59 AM

I want one!!! with instructions please
Old 05-26-2004, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by SgtSchulze
Let me just add to Kevins post and just say that HE IS THE MAN!! It works perfect! He really has taken alot of time and effort to make this happen. He really knows his $hit and can talk circles around us layman. It took just about an hour and Kevin has never even taken a door panel off a 5th gen before today. You can disable the door lock module (I have to remember to ask Kevin how to do that again... was it turn on the ignition and press the lock button 3 times?? ) The windows roll up fast and everything else still works like factory. The final word..

THIS IS A MUST DO MOD!!!

Feel free to PM me if you want further info. I just have to say that I got a sneak peek at the Website and it's looks better than Cattman, Custommaxima, etc... Him and his bro make a dynamite team!!

GOOD LUCK KEVIN!!! Thanks again for making this happen!
whats the site? update?
Old 05-26-2004, 02:00 PM

Can't different options for the remote be programmed in by the dealer, i.e.-the ones being talked about here?
Old 05-26-2004, 02:23 PM

Im interested
Old 05-26-2004, 02:44 PM

The dealer can NOT make your windows go UP by remote, only down. This module will allow you to raise the windows with two lock pulses within 1 second of each other. Once the windows start remotely going up a third lock pulse will stop them instantly (great for leaving them vented or if some random kid sticks his head in the window).

Kevin Pierson
www.KPtechnologies.com

Our inventory is EXTREMELY low right now, and this has only been tested on an '02 Max. The requirements are: Windows must be controllable (in both directions) by turning you key and holding it and the Lock (For up) and Unlock (For down) positions. Also, it would help if you can roll the windows down from the OEM remote already.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I just got mine ordered... thanks for the newest mod, Kevin!
Old 05-26-2004, 05:19 PM

Will this roll up both windows? Or do you need to buy two? Thanks!
John
Old 05-26-2004, 06:02 PM

THIS IS A MUST DO MOD!!!

Feel free to PM me if you want further info. I just have to say that I got a sneak peek at the Website and it's looks better than Cattman, Custommaxima, etc... Him and his bro make a dynamite team!!

GOOD LUCK KEVIN!!! Thanks again for making this happen![/QUOTE]

>>>>. when you installed it on the MAX - did you write down what colour wires you were connecting TO in the door? If yes, please share.
Also, how did you connect them - did you just splice them in or used one of those quick taps from radioshack or something else?

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2004, 06:09 PM

For lack of a better explanation I will tell you that the module basically 'tricks' the car into thinking that there is a key in the door and turned and held in the 'LOCK' position. So, if you go out to your Max, with the windows down. and turn the key and hold it at LOCK and both windows go up then that is what the module does. If only one window goes up take it to the dealership and have the other one fixed!

In EVERY case I've seen ALL windows went up with this module, but I have heard of certain setups on sedans that will only allow the front two windows to be raised via remote.

Thanks,
Kevin Pierson
www.KPtechnologies.com
Old 05-26-2004, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by schernov
when you installed it on the MAX - did you write down what colour wires you were connecting TO in the door? If yes, please share.
Also, how did you connect them - did you just splice them in or used one of those quick taps from radioshack or something else?
Yes, we recorded the wire colors but I don't remember what they are off the top of my head. There is a 'wire guide' availible on our website that lists them. We do have an instruction manual that tells you exactly how to hook this module up. If you are not comfortable with car electronics, or not very experianced, any car alarm shop will be able to install this mod in about an hour. (expect to pay $30-$60 in labor)

There are only 5 wires to be hooked up, and our instructions detail each wire and tell how to correctly identify it using a DMM. If you have a service manual for your vehicle I could look at it and tell you what color the wires are, too.

There is a huge thread on G35driver.com detailing all of this, which pictures. For ALL the info check it out (be prepared to read a lot, this project has been in the works since late January.)

KPierson Technologies recomends soldering ALL wires when installing car electronics. Soldering is the only way to create a permanent connection. It is cheap, easy, quick, and by far the best way to connecnt two wires. You can pick up a cheap soldering iron at WalMart for $9. Grab some solder and some electrical tape (Scotch Super 33+ is the best for car use) and you'll have enough material to connect 500 wires for under $15 - very cost effective compared to crimps, t-taps, or any other method. Also, this module will permanently mount in your door, so that every time you slam the door you will basically slam the module too. T-Taps won't survive this for very long. Also, the chance of moisture being introduced to the splices make crimps a bad choice. Have I made my point yet?

Any other questions????

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.com
Old 05-26-2004, 07:08 PM

[ If you have a service manual for your vehicle I could look at it and tell you what color the wires are, too.

Thanks for the offer! I'll take it. I sent you couple emails to your support@kptechnologies address.

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2004, 06:02 AM

Anyone installed one of these yets? Any commnents?

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.com