5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Parts for the 2001 AE Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2000, 09:17 PM

As I have been wanting certain parts from the 2001 AE Maxima (shifter ****, pedals, ground effects, etc.), I have been working with Dave Burnett (sorry if I spelled it wrong) out of Southpoint Nissan for a few days now. Most of the part numbers aren't available from Nissan right now, but he is working on setting up a stock of just the special parts from the AE Maxima for us to purchse.

He knows that various people are interested and is trying to set up a 'part shop' specifically for those parts that are unique to the AE. As I get more information, I will make more posts and let you now of availability of parts. I am on no way affiliated with Southpoint Nissan, but just wanted to let you know that as I was trying to get parts for my car, there is someone trying to make the parts available for all of us to purchase.

Oh, by the way, for the individual interested in the autodim mirror from the 2001s, unless you don't mind paying extra, you might want to check into some of the aftermarket manufacturers that Paul mentioned in his post as the one from the 2001 is retailing at over $800. Yikes.

[Edited by blackY2Kmax on 09-21-2000 at 11:28 PM]
Old 09-21-2000, 09:26 PM
TommyBoiSxty9

mirror

I think theres one in the JC Whitney catalog... the same brand thats used in the expensive luxury cars...
its $249 and has a compass and outside temp in the top right hand corner

Old 09-22-2000, 07:46 AM

Thanks BlackY2KMax for doing the groundwork on this. I'm sure a lot of us will do some of these mods. I'm interested in the shifter at least. $800 for the mirror! Wow. That's crazy. I think one of those aftermarket places had the mirror for $199. I saw a group buy for around $175. Check out this thread for the links.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.phtml?threadid=2664

Old 09-22-2000, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by Paul2kGXE
Thanks BlackY2KMax for doing the groundwork on this. I'm sure a lot of us will do some of these mods. I'm interested in the shifter at least. $800 for the mirror! Wow. That's crazy. I think one of those aftermarket places had the mirror for $199. I saw a group buy for around $175. Check out this thread for the links.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.phtml?threadid=2664

No problem - I can't wait until they all get in, but I really hope that we don't have to change out the whole shifter assembly and we can just change the shifter itself. Who knows.

And you're right about the mirror - that is steep - if I decide to get one, I'll get one of the ones that you gave us the links to in your other post.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2000, 08:32 AM

Hey Matt- I was only expecting one, but 2 of your sill plates showed up on Friday. They have Japanese stickers on them dated in June, so this stuff is being allocated to the parts side. Hopefully the others will be in soon, but I still haven't heard from my rep, requests like this usually take several weeks. Thanks! -David Burnette
Old 09-24-2000, 11:23 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I know a guy that put in one of those

mirrors. I'm not sure how, but he broke his windshield removing the mount (which you have to do). It ended up being a $500 mirrow swap (with new glass). He said he really wasnt using that much pressure, but appearently the location of the mirror and tuggin on it can make a crack.

I guess you just have to be VERY careful with the install.
Old 09-24-2000, 05:01 PM

Thanks......

.......Dave B - for the info - I appreciate you keeping me up to date. I'm sure a lot of people will be interested when all the part stuff comes in. Thanks again for getting all this taken care of and working so hard on it. I don't mean to nag, but any word yet on whether you have to change the whole shifting assembly or if it would be possible to just change the acutal shifter itself and maye the surround?

.......Tim W for the info on the mirror. Always good to let peole know the advantages and concens of a particular product so people have all the info when they go to make a purchase.
Old 09-28-2000, 09:04 AM

Spoke to dealer today

I swung by a Nissan dealership today to pick up an oil filter. I inquired about 2k SE parts, such as the shifter, door sill plates, etc. They had one in the showroom.

They didn't have price listing for them, but said "we get an update tape every two months". I took this to mean an updated price list. He said check back next month and they should have the stuff listed and could give prices then.

More importantly, the guy said they could just sell the shift **** and it did NOT require purchasing the entire shifter assembly (for an AT). Somebody else posted that you had to buy the whole thing.
Old 09-28-2000, 09:38 AM

Re: Spoke to dealer today

Sounds good. I can through a page together with descriptions and part numbers, if needed.

Originally posted by mdeal
I swung by a Nissan dealership today to pick up an oil filter. I inquired about 2k SE parts, such as the shifter, door sill plates, etc. They had one in the showroom.

They didn't have price listing for them, but said "we get an update tape every two months". I took this to mean an updated price list. He said check back next month and they should have the stuff listed and could give prices then.

More importantly, the guy said they could just sell the shift **** and it did NOT require purchasing the entire shifter assembly (for an AT). Somebody else posted that you had to buy the whole thing.
Old 09-28-2000, 10:56 AM

Re: Spoke to dealer today

Originally posted by mdeal

Thanks mdeal - that sounds great. Now I am just waiting for the parts to roll in.
Old 10-04-2000, 08:10 PM

$800 for a mirror!! can you imagine what they want for the body kit!