5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Please please help.. RSB install !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 07:44 PM
scopium

Please please help.. RSB install !!!

i installed my rsb .
but when i turned on my car.. my ABS light was on and that thing bangs when i hit dips and bumps..
any ideas...

about the ABS light.. is it something crucial.. please help

Old 04-08-2004, 07:52 PM
retired moderator

1. Is it a stillen RSB or a Progress/Addco/Cattman setup?

2. IF it's a stillen, you probably pinched the rear brake line/abs line that runs on the control arm.

3. IF it's a stillen, sounds like it is not far enough back, OR you have it upside-down.

4. IF it's not a Stillen, I can't help
Old 04-08-2004, 08:16 PM
scopium

yea it is stillen.
so i need to move it a nothc backwards?
and i looke and i did pinch one of the brake lines.. i fixed it by " depinching it" but the light is still one..
what else can i do

Old 04-08-2004, 08:43 PM
scopium

bumps.. anyone else can help me on how to get rid of the ABS light

Old 04-08-2004, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by scopium
yea it is stillen.
so i need to move it a nothc backwards?
and i looke and i did pinch one of the brake lines.. i fixed it by " depinching it" but the light is still one..
what else can i do
You pinched a brake line or the ABS sensor cable? If you pinch a brake line, I recommend you taking it to a shop to make sure the line is not perforated. I guess if that is the case it should be leaking brake fluid. Still, you could kill yourself if that brake line breaks, so you should have it check out. I doubt it was the brake line since those are not that close to the beam axle setup.
If it was the ABS sensor cable, you may have broke it and it may be detected by the ECU as a damaged sensor. I'm not sure but you may have to replace the whole sensor...

Check this

The black hose closer to the right upper corner is the brake line. The cable close to the Stillen brackets is the ABS sensor cable.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:06 PM
scopium

yea i squished the ABS hose.. i guess i have to replace it..but i heard from a couple of people its not a mojor threat..
anyways.. does anyone know how much its gonna cost me to replace the abs line

Old 04-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

If it's banging then check the passenger side bracket that goes in the middle of the sway bar. It is hitting on the rear suspension yoke. The yoke is offset and mounted more on the passenger side than the driver's side. Just get under the car and look carfully, you'll see the area where it's all banged up.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:39 AM
scopium

yea but i dont have a bracket in the "middle of the sway bar"
i got stillen.. just four brackets on the sides..

and can anyone tell me what holes i should put the brackets on... and where exactly i should put on the brackets.. i think my brackets are too far apart..

Old 04-09-2004, 08:46 AM
scopium

called nissan .. i have to pay 340 dollars to have my ABS sensor replaced....

Old 04-09-2004, 08:01 PM

called nissan .. i have to pay 340 dollars to have my ABS sensor replaced....
Oh boy, that hurts!! Sorry about that. About the noise, you may want to check the clearance between the sway bar and the beam axle. Mine has like a 1/4 inch and I can hear it banging the axle in some occassions. Loose the nuts 'n' bolts for the brackets a bit and move them a bit towards the front of the car, to create some clearance between the bar and the beam axle.

It should look something like this

By the way, these pictures are from www.greghome.com, the web page of one of the .org members. He has a step-by-step how-to for installing the Stillen sway bar.

Good luck.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:40 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

yea i squished the ABS hose.. i guess i have to replace it..but i heard from a couple of people its not a mojor threat..
It is a major threat if brake line bursts and lose all your fluids.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:38 PM
scopium

no worries.. today i went to the dealer after taking off the sway bar.. asked if they could fix my ABS under warranty.. at first they said no.. but after a bit of loud talking and causing a scene they offered me the part for free.. but asked for labor.. i just took the part can changed itmy self.. everything is fine now.. just need to put the sway bar back in place without any bangging

thanks again to all the people that helped me throught this situation

Old 04-10-2004, 08:45 AM

no worries.. today i went to the dealer after taking off the sway bar.. asked if they could fix my ABS under warranty.. at first they said no.. but after a bit of loud talking and causing a scene they offered me the part for free.. but asked for labor.. i just took the part can changed itmy self.. everything is fine now.. just need to put the sway bar back in place without any bangging

thanks again to all the people that helped me throught this situation
Cool
Old 04-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sweet! Nice going with the stealership!
Old 04-10-2004, 03:38 PM
retired moderator

another success from the maxima.org car doctors! Damn we're good
Old 04-10-2004, 04:55 PM

That's why this is the best car message board out there. Other boards would have immediately poked fun at the person for screwing something up. People here are helpful and honest when others need help.