5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Clutch and BOSE TSBs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 09:58 AM

Clutch and BOSE TSBs.

Hey guys,

I had Clutch TSB and BOSE TSB done on my car. Clutch was done about 1 year ago and
BOSE TSB was done half a year ago.
Now all those problems are back, clutch is making howling sounds like crazy,
and BOSE is problem with left side speakers came back now too.

Question I have, why does Nissan even bother doing those TSBs if the problem will
came back again? Are they using exactly same parts as the ones that cause
those problems? I am pretty sure they do.
I am not planning to go back and redo those TSBs, just because I don't have time to waste
on something that will come back again.
I am returning this car from lease in about a year and tell you the truth I can't wait.
I love the car, it is fast, looks good but those issues just make me pretty upset, especially
after wasting time on going to dealer and having them fix those TSBs.

I am not really blaming Nissan service for it. At least my service is doing pretty good job,
it is the parts they use which Nissan supplies them to supposedly fix the problems addressed
in TSBs.

I am not sure maybe other people having better luck with those TSBs, but I read number of threads stating the things I said above. Some people said it took 3, 4 trys for each other those TSBs to finally fix the problem. And I would not be too sure that the problem is really fixed.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Dany
Hey guys,

I had Clutch TSB and BOSE TSB done on my car. Clutch was done about 1 year ago and
BOSE TSB was done half a year ago.
Now all those problems are back, clutch is making howling sounds like crazy,
and BOSE is problem with left side speakers came back now too.

Question I have, why does Nissan even bother doing those TSBs if the problem will
came back again? Are they using exactly same parts as the ones that cause
those problems? I am pretty sure they do.
I am not planning to go back and redo those TSBs, just because I don't have time to waste
on something that will come back again.
I am returning this car from lease in about a year and tell you the truth I can't wait.
I love the car, it is fast, looks good but those issues just make me pretty upset, especially
after wasting time on going to dealer and having them fix those TSBs.

I am not really blaming Nissan service for it. At least my service is doing pretty good job,
it is the parts they use which Nissan supplies them to supposedly fix the problems addressed
in TSBs.

I am not sure maybe other people having better luck with those TSBs, but I read number of threads stating the things I said above. Some people said it took 3, 4 trys for each other those TSBs to finally fix the problem. And I would not be too sure that the problem is really fixed.
I had both of those issues fixed back in November 2002 and the problems have NOT come back. I guess am fortunate. I have put 44,000 miles on the car since the repairs.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by kronnman
I had both of those issues fixed back in November 2002 and the problems have NOT come back. I guess am fortunate. I have put 44,000 miles on the car since the repairs.
Yeah I guess you were pretty lucky.

That's good to hear that at least some people get those problems fixed at first time.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dany
Yeah I guess you were pretty lucky.

That's good to hear that at least some people get those problems fixed at first time.
I had both TSBs, the bose is fixed and problems have not reoccurred, however the clutch TSB lasted only 10k miles. Their first try was replacing the clutch disc with a softer material. Now they believe it is the throwout bearing and pressure plate.