5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Auto Power Window problem...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 07:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Auto Power Window problem...

I have a 2003 SE, and for the most part I've been ecstatic with it. There's a minor bug that's surfaced lately though that's VERY annoying.

I have the 'auto' power windows (one touch to roll down or up). About 90% of the time now, if the passenger side window is down, and I go to roll it up, it will go all the way up, and then back down about 4 inches. Most of the time now, I have to keep my finger on the switch pulling up while engaging the PW lock to keep the window shut.

Is this a feature that I unwittingly enabled? Is it a genuine problem I need to get repaired? Some guidance would be appreciated.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by darthbubba
I have a 2003 SE, and for the most part I've been ecstatic with it. There's a minor bug that's surfaced lately though that's VERY annoying.

I have the 'auto' power windows (one touch to roll down or up). About 90% of the time now, if the passenger side window is down, and I go to roll it up, it will go all the way up, and then back down about 4 inches. Most of the time now, I have to keep my finger on the switch pulling up while engaging the PW lock to keep the window shut.

Is this a feature that I unwittingly enabled? Is it a genuine problem I need to get repaired? Some guidance would be appreciated.

There is a new TSB out for the power window regulators and such. I just got both sides replaced under warranty for the same problems.