5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

8 months and counting and no MaxxTuning Lip

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 08:20 PM

8 months and counting and no MaxxTuning Lip

I wanted to post this thread in hopes of getting in contact with MaxxTuning about my front lip that I ordered and paid for, lots of months ago. I tried emailing PJ with no replies, and was promised a USPS tracking number a few weeks ago, and I've gotten/heard nothing from anyone.

Is anyone else still waiting for there front lip from the original group deal? This is just rediculous and I'm tired of waiting.

Nathan
Old 05-06-2004, 12:47 AM

Well, I'm on the same boat. I already requested a refund after getting frustrated and not being able to contact this person. Emails, Calls, no response.

I put the downpayment in December of 2003 and than paid him the rest in April 9th 2004. Nothing and I heard he doesn't have any more lips.

This person chooses to hide and not speak.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:51 AM
MK3 Supra and Focus ST

Call Alex or Steve at SWA they may have a bunch left.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by PhxBlue
Call Alex or Steve at SWA they may have a bunch left.
True but who wants to spend ANOTHER $200+ when they already paid in full? I feel for you guys, there seems to be alot of these same threads lately. I was so close to jumping on that group deal from Day 1 and now I'm glad I didn't, this is exactly what I feared would happen.

Funny how PJ from Maxxtuning and org member ICULookn (who set up the group deal) have disappeared now that PJ has all his $$$. No one can reach him by email, phone, anything. All this after he claimed he was a "stand-up guy".
Old 05-06-2004, 10:54 AM

Weird...I got mine without any major issues
Old 05-06-2004, 11:51 AM
rocketman0515

I received the lip, but I'm still waiting on the rear valence. I, too, have been trying to get in touch with PJ for about a month now to see when it will arrive. Finally, two days ago I got in touch with him. The original manufacturer really stuck it to him. Originally, the manufacturer wanted a baseline of 100 lips and PJ negotiated to reduce that to 50 in order to make it happen. Of course, none of this was arranged legally, and now the manufacturer is refusing to release the remaining 10 (of 50) saying that PJ has to pay for the other 50 (not even made) before the remaining 10 are released.

PJ has also not been in the shop for the last 3-4 weeks because of pneumonia. Because of this he is having to move out of his shop. PJ is not intentionally screwing anyone, although I do understand your feelings. He does have intentions of supplying lips to people that have paid, but they will be from another manufacturer. He did find another manufacturer and (I believe) has drawn up a legal contract, so this does not happen to him again.

Email will do no good as his network has been overun with viruses. I would just keep trying him by phone as much as you can in order to get in touch with him. Like I said, it took me a little over a month to reach him.

After all of this, I still give props and respect to PJ. <Sorry for the long post>

-Todd

Old 05-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Does PJ not have anyone else working at Maxxtuning? I just think it is ridiculous that you havn't gotten your lip yet. I got the stillen lip and I'm sum what completely satisfied. It is pretty stealth on dark cars, but I can still clear parking slabs in parking lots. (Just barely) I came home the other night and had accidently pulled up way to far. Now if I had the MT lip it would have been damaged pretty bad.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:27 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Thats weird. I ordered it on a Friday, and it was at my door step in less than one week......
Old 05-06-2004, 07:38 PM

Nathan, i think you should request your money back ASAP..

I have seen this before, where a guy sends stuff to some people, but then takes money and runs...

I got screwed like that from Phoenix on that group deal for the $55 or so lifetime membership crap.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:07 PM

I too Order from Maxxtuningusa

I was wondering too if there is other people that placed an order for a 02-03 Maxima Front Lip or the Whole Kit all around .Who is also having problems with communicating with Pj or wants to know what happen with your order.Cause I got tired of waiting for mine by luck I got to get of hold of him and asked him what happen with my whole kit.He told me that he was having problems with the person that was making the front lip and that he wasn't going to make them anymore because Pj didn't have the rest of the money.I asked Pj so what now he said that it was going to take another long while to shipped out the product to us.He had told me that he was going to have to find somebody else that can make the lip for him and that it could take months.I asked him so why did you withdraw my money from my bank if you weren't even ready with your product, didn't get no responds to that. I mean he could at least send me the side skirts and rear from Stillen and he said that he was waiting for them too .One month to received from Stillen thats bologna.And then I called Stevie from Southwest Autoworks and he said that he had 10 damn front lip sitting there that he bought from Pj (Maxxtuningusa) wating for customer.So I asked Pj to refund my $799.00 back and he said ok in three days it should be back in there.Well guess what! Nothing Im going for 3 weeks and haven't seen my money nor heard from Pj .I have sent him E-mails and made phone calls and no answer from him.For all those people that did get to received your front lip you are one hell of a lucky person.Pj (Maxxtuningusa) if you are seeing this i dont have anything against you I love your product and would love to received your product but at least have contact with your customers and updates cause one upset customer can really make a difference in your business.You got my Info. please contact me so that we can come to an understanding and proceed forward without me taking some legal actions. I am out good luck for the rest of you people on your order. {{{And for new Buyers Beware}}}
Old 05-06-2004, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by D-Nyce
True but who wants to spend ANOTHER $200+ when they already paid in full? I feel for you guys, there seems to be alot of these same threads lately. I was so close to jumping on that group deal from Day 1 and now I'm glad I didn't, this is exactly what I feared would happen.

Funny how PJ from Maxxtuning and org member ICULookn (who set up the group deal) have disappeared now that PJ has all his $$$. No one can reach him by email, phone, anything. All this after he claimed he was a "stand-up guy".

D-Nyce, I never disappeared from the "ORG", I'm on this website everynight except on Saturdays! I'm not a post *****, I mostly read through threads that interest me for knowledge reasons, its even more difficult when you can't search and there 10+ threads on the same subject that was discussed the day before. As far as your missing lip, I apologize, the only thing I can say is to keep trying, I last spoke to PJ about month ago to congratulate him on finally getting the lips. He did mention to me that he lost 2 or 3 peoples payment including myself. PJ is really hard to get in contact, the samething some of you are going through to contact him was the samething I was going through to get the lip made, so I understand your frustration. Believe me this took a lot longer than I thought buts its difficult when you have shady manufactures and not that much support form the people who want the product. I made no money off this deal, I called 7 vendors who market to the "org" and PJ was the only one who agreed after much begging on my part to make this lip. Its funny how my name gets mentioned when there is a problem but only 3 guys having giving me partial credit for my part in getting this done.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm another one who paid and didn't get the lip

I paid 8 months ago and was the 14th on the list of payees. In the last week I've emailed PJ 5x and called 7x including once a day this week. NO REPLIES.
I was patience many times when people got nervous and was wondering if PJ had screwed everyone over but now I have been screwed and will NEVER buy another thing from maxxtuning and if I don't get my lip am considering filing complaint through paypal and pursuing legal action. Lets get a count here of how many people are in the same boat I am with not getting their lip and have paid. If it wasn't a 4hr drive and I didn't have anything better to do I'd be at maxxtuning's doorstep ready to give them a piece of my mind.
This whole thing is just ridiculous.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by rocketman0515
PJ has also not been in the shop for the last 3-4 weeks because of pneumonia. Because of this he is having to move out of his shop. PJ is not intentionally screwing anyone, although I do understand your feelings. He does have intentions of supplying lips to people that have paid, but they will be from another manufacturer. He did find another manufacturer and (I believe) has drawn up a legal contract, so this does not happen to him again.

Email will do no good as his network has been overun with viruses. I would just keep trying him by phone as much as you can in order to get in touch with him. Like I said, it took me a little over a month to reach him.
After all of this, I still give props and respect to PJ. <Sorry for the long post>
-Todd
I don't want to wait another few months for a manufacturer to make my lip. I wanted it on April 4th or whenever everyone else got it. I requested to be refunded and if he can't do that then get me one of the ones southwest has. I just don't understand how I was 14th on the list of 50 and I never got mine.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:31 PM

Sorry to hear that man, you definately need to contact him. This is exactly what I was talking about before, another d*!n new thread on the samething being discussed here: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=308399
Old 05-06-2004, 08:35 PM

Ok i tell you what how about we all customers that ordered from Maxx Tuning get together and place an order from Southwest Autowork get our kit from them and let Pj pay for the parts .Fair is fair he has our money Pj you pay for the kit Southwest Autowork will shipped it to us.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2003MAXIMA_ELP
Ok i tell you what how about we all customers that ordered from Maxx Tuning get together and place an order from Southwest Autowork get our kit from them and let Pj pay for the parts .Fair is fair he has our money Pj you pay for the kit Southwest Autowork will shipped it to us.
Sounds fine with me. I really do like the way the lip looks but until it is on my car I could care less. I just want the lip asap.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by ICULookN
D-Nyce, I never disappeared from the "ORG", I'm on this website everynight except on Saturdays....
You're right...I shouldn't have mentioned your name anyway. At this point it's on PJ and Maxxtuning alone to make it right, not you.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:22 AM

D-Nyce, I never disappeared from the "ORG", I'm on this website everynight except on Saturdays! I'm not a post *****, I mostly read through threads that interest me for knowledge reasons, its even more difficult when you can't search and there 10+ threads on the same subject that was discussed the day before. As far as your missing lip, I apologize, the only thing I can say is to keep trying, I last spoke to PJ about month ago to congratulate him on finally getting the lips. He did mention to me that he lost 2 or 3 peoples payment including myself. PJ is really hard to get in contact, the samething some of you are going through to contact him was the samething I was going through to get the lip made, so I understand your frustration. Believe me this took a lot longer than I thought buts its difficult when you have shady manufactures and not that much support form the people who want the product. I made no money off this deal, I called 7 vendors who market to the "org" and PJ was the only one who agreed after much begging on my part to make this lip. Its funny how my name gets mentioned when there is a problem but only 3 guys having giving me partial credit for my part in getting this done.
Did u install your lip yet?
Old 05-07-2004, 07:54 AM

When the thread came up on doing this lip, I was the first to call Maxx Tuning and pay for my lip in full
back in Aug/Sep 03 - I too took a chance in maybe getting screwed if people didn't stand behind the project- and for many months people were back 'n forth as to wether they wanted to get in on it or not- thats what set this project back and brought forth the current situation-
I knew that I would be proritized a lip being I was first to pay- and so he did

This was a custom project, and no small business will dig themselves a hole of 100 lips- with the kind of customers Maxima owners are- yes, Maxima owners are undecisive, **** and cheap- with all understanding too- but the 4th geners were very quick to support their Skyline project in comparison

I feel bad for you that are still waiting...but I believe PJ will come through and redeem himself- either by refunding your money or getting a diff company to reproduce the lips.....

BTW- this lip was well woth the wait-It is apparent Stillen went the cheap route with the Classic lip( they modified a Touring lip- removed the gills and voila!) resulting in a plain look
Old 05-07-2004, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Igor911
Did u install your lip yet?
I haven't installed it yet, I don't think the kit looks right with stock 17's. I will purchase rims next month. The stock wheels look like 14's with the kit making the car lower to the ground. You are the only one in B'more for now with the kit installed.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:50 AM

So what you guys are saying is that PJ doesn't have any lips, but he still has our money?

He told me over email that MY lip was shipped out 1 month ago and that he would go back to the post office to get me a tracking number. Either the post office messed up, or PJ is lying to me. I agree with making a list of people still waiting. If I didn't live north of the border I'd be at MaxxTuning's door step right now.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:30 PM

Sounds like PJ needs to refund people's money and then when he has them they can either purchase his lips or get them from somewhere else.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:27 PM

What can we do people I want my money back too.I ordered the whole kit front/rear and side skirts and never received it. I called Pj to refund my money back and nothing.We should all take this guy to court.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:46 AM

Guys,

You have to fill out a form at the Better Business Bureau of NJ with his business address and story behind your ordering. If they see enough complaints, they will investigate this and go forward. Thats what their job is.

If he doesn't respond to the BBB, his business will shutdown.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:30 AM

I'm going to try and contact PJ by phone this coming week and see what happens. If he doesn't have my lip, I'm going to want a refund.

What can I do as far as filing a complaint to the BBB if I live in Canada?
Old 05-09-2004, 08:45 AM

I haven't installed it yet, I don't think the kit looks right with stock 17's. I will purchase rims next month. The stock wheels look like 14's with the kit making the car lower to the ground. You are the only one in B'more for now with the kit installed.

[evil laugh]bwahahahahah[/evil laugh]
Old 05-09-2004, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Nathan
I'm going to try and contact PJ by phone this coming week and see what happens. If he doesn't have my lip, I'm going to want a refund.

What can I do as far as filing a complaint to the BBB if I live in Canada?
Yeah good luck. I've been calling and leaving messages everyday this past week asking for refund and some kind of communication.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonb1982
Yeah good luck. I've been calling and leaving messages everyday this past week asking for refund and some kind of communication.
So what do you plan on doing to get either your lip or your money back?
Old 05-09-2004, 08:03 PM
† ErV †

Maxima owners are undecisive, **** and cheap
that might be correct to a degree, but here are my 2 cents:

it doesn't matter who is sick, whose supplier crapped out, who got screwed over, who wanted to invest, how much manpower you have etc etc

you are taking money from people and delivering no product or service. that is fraud. you can all say "but i got mine" or "there are a reasons for this", but the bottom line is, money + no product and denial of refund = fraud.

so flame away guys.

Old 05-09-2004, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by EvilRoadsVictim
that might be correct to a degree, but here are my 2 cents:
it doesn't matter who is sick, whose supplier crapped out, who got screwed over, who wanted to invest, how much manpower you have etc etc
you are taking money from people and delivering no product or service. that is fraud. you can all say "but i got mine" or "there are a reasons for this", but the bottom line is, money + no product and denial of refund = fraud.
so flame away guys.
Amen
Old 05-10-2004, 06:23 PM

So what do you plan on doing to get either your lip or your money back?
Thinking of taking some legal action possibly. Are there any other people who didn't get their lips other than you and I??
Old 05-10-2004, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jasonb1982
Thinking of taking some legal action possibly. Are there any other people who didn't get their lips other than you and I??
When I find some time this week I'll look into this some more. I think there are a couple more people who didn't recieve there parts.

If you come up with anything, let me know. If I do I'll tell you.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:54 PM

Another upset Customer

Yes this another person having the same problem with the lip/sides/rear kit.............. I was wondering if there is other people that placed an order for a 02-03 Maxima Front Lip or the Whole Kit all around .Who is also having problems with communicating with Pj or wants to know what happen with your order.Cause I got tired of waiting for mine by luck I got to get of hold of him and asked him what happen with my whole kit.He told me that he was having problems with the person that was making the front lip and that he wasn't going to make them anymore because Pj didn't have the rest of the money.I asked Pj so what now he said that it was going to take another long while to shipped out the product to us.He had told me that he was going to have to find somebody else that can make the lip for him and that it could take months.I asked him so why did you withdraw my money from my bank if you weren't even ready with your product, didn't get no responds to that. I mean he could at least send me the side skirts and rear from Stillen and he said that he was waiting for them too .One month to received from Stillen thats bologna.And then I called Stevie from Southwest Autoworks and he said that he had 10 damn front lip sitting there that he bought from Pj (Maxxtuningusa) wating for customer.So I asked Pj to refund my $799.00 back and he said ok in three days it should be back in there.Well guess what! Nothing Im going for 3 weeks and haven't seen my money nor heard from Pj .I have sent him E-mails and made phone calls and no answer from him.For all those people that did get to received your front lip you are one hell of a lucky person.Pj (Maxxtuningusa) if you are seeing this i dont have anything against you I love your product and would love to received your product but at least have contact with your customers and updates cause one upset customer can really make a difference in your business.You got my Info. please contact me so that we can come to an understanding and proceed forward without me taking some legal actions. I am out good luck for the rest of you people on your order. {{{And for new Buyers Beware}}}
Old 05-11-2004, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by 2003MAXIMA_ELP
Yes this another person having the same problem with the lip/sides/rear kit.............. I was wondering if there is other people that placed an order for a 02-03 Maxima Front Lip or the Whole Kit all around .Who is also having problems with communicating with Pj or wants to know what happen with your order.Cause I got tired of waiting for mine by luck I got to get of hold of him and asked him what happen with my whole kit.He told me that he was having problems with the person that was making the front lip and that he wasn't going to make them anymore because Pj didn't have the rest of the money.I asked Pj so what now he said that it was going to take another long while to shipped out the product to us.He had told me that he was going to have to find somebody else that can make the lip for him and that it could take months.I asked him so why did you withdraw my money from my bank if you weren't even ready with your product, didn't get no responds to that. I mean he could at least send me the side skirts and rear from Stillen and he said that he was waiting for them too .One month to received from Stillen thats bologna.And then I called Stevie from Southwest Autoworks and he said that he had 10 damn front lip sitting there that he bought from Pj (Maxxtuningusa) wating for customer.So I asked Pj to refund my $799.00 back and he said ok in three days it should be back in there.Well guess what! Nothing Im going for 3 weeks and haven't seen my money nor heard from Pj .I have sent him E-mails and made phone calls and no answer from him.For all those people that did get to received your front lip you are one hell of a lucky person.Pj (Maxxtuningusa) if you are seeing this i dont have anything against you I love your product and would love to received your product but at least have contact with your customers and updates cause one upset customer can really make a difference in your business.You got my Info. please contact me so that we can come to an understanding and proceed forward without me taking some legal actions. I am out good luck for the rest of you people on your order. {{{And for new Buyers Beware}}}
I too am waiting on my lip as well. Ordered it in November last year, paid in full. Spoke to PJ a month ago and he said it would ship out next day. Still no lip or responses from email and no one picks up the phone at the shop. I had filed a buyers dispute to my Visa in hopes to get my $199.00 back. Whatever you guys want to do to take legal action against this jerk , count me in.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:15 PM
UCF Lexus

8 months?!!!!!!! holy shat!!
Old 05-11-2004, 06:08 PM

I will be calling PJ tomorrow giving him until friday night to hear back from him some way and I if I don't a complaint will be filed through paypal....and that is just the beginning. I will gladly contact the bbb and complain. I don't have to get a lip from him I'll just order one from southwest HOWEVER I want my $200 now. I'm sure you guys feel the same way. I think we need to post something in the vendor section about how crappy maxxtuning is too. I will forgive all if I'm refunded or get my lip tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by jerome johnson
I too am waiting on my lip as well. Ordered it in November last year, paid in full. Spoke to PJ a month ago and he said it would ship out next day. Still no lip or responses from email and no one picks up the phone at the shop. I had filed a buyers dispute to my Visa in hopes to get my $199.00 back. Whatever you guys want to do to take legal action against this jerk , count me in.
Damn you too? This really sucks.

I'm going to drop by my bank this week and see if I can fight it. I paid by money order though. Do you guys know if I can get my money back if I paid by this method?
Old 05-11-2004, 09:51 PM

I just filed a complaint at INTERNET FRAUD COMPLAINT CENTER against Maxxtuningusa.com.I had to fill out a form of all the information I had from Maxxtuningusa.IFCC will notified me by phone and will give me a case # so that they can assign me a Private Investigator.And if I have to be in court at New Jersey I will sue this business not only for my money but for travel expenses,court charges,and other charges that will be made just to settle this case. I dont care how long this takes but im getting my money back one way or the other.For the rest of you I recommend to do the same thing. Maxxtuningusa (PJ) if you are seeing this you know who I am I have giving you alot of time for you to settle this in an ordinary fashion way but you seem to care less for all of your customers that ones stand by your business.This is not a joke this is serious business and justice will be served. Link to websitewww.isccfbi.gov
Old 05-11-2004, 09:52 PM

I just filed a complaint at INTERNET FRAUD COMPLAINT CENTER against Maxxtuningusa.com.I had to fill out a form of all the information I had from Maxxtuningusa.IFCC will notified me by phone and will give me a case # so that they can assign me a Private Investigator.And if I have to be in court at New Jersey I will sue this business not only for my money but for travel expenses,court charges,and other charges that will be made just to settle this case. I dont care how long this takes but im getting my money back one way or the other.For the rest of you I recommend to do the same thing. Maxxtuningusa (PJ) if you are seeing this you know who I am I have giving you alot of time for you to settle this in an ordinary fashion way but you seem to care less for all of your customers that ones stand by your business.This is not a joke this is serious business and justice will be served.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

Damn you too? This really sucks.

I'm going to drop by my bank this week and see if I can fight it. I paid by money order though. Do you guys know if I can get my money back if I paid by this method?
it all depends on what bank you bank at. I bank at usbank where if I get a money order the bank has a copy of the money order and I get a copy of the money order. Also it depends on if they keep that info. Did you get the money order through the bank.

Quick Reply: 8 months and counting and no MaxxTuning Lip