5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Finally... Dyno Results Are In On My Pfi Turbo Kit!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 07:32 PM
UCF Lexus

Originally Posted by MacAlert
You GA turbo people ain't got that. NY REPRESENTS!!! Great numbers Deac.

Ever heard of Ramius83??????????

Wait till the end of May.....and then there'll be 900HP out of 2 maximas
Old 05-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Lets See...

Well,

While my car has been down the past couple of months while I was researching the whole injector situation for 00-01 Max's and we discovered that the 350z injector upgrades will work for the 00-01 Max. So after some trial and error with the injectors, I decided to go RC 370cc. I then had to get th e-manage, profec e-01 and all the harnesses installed, the aeromotive FPR so I could adjust base fuel pressure (got rid of the cartech) and finally I did have a custom full 3" catback installed with an Apexi N1 turbo muffler... (those mufflers are very loud by the way!) I had to buy the silencer for the muffler because it was so loud and I now have 2 resonators installed! Street driving I will have have the silencer in although I'm hearing now that it takes away alot of power.
I'm not sure what the air/fuel and all of that is set at because i was'nt at the dyno like I mentioned but they have all my files in the computer so I'll try to get a more detailed sheet if I can. Also I dont know how to set or tune the e-manage either so I would'nt have been much help even if I was there... thats why I paid to have my car tuned right.
I dont plan on running 14psi everyday guys... lets be serious! This was just for the dyno.... so my engine will be fine. I value my investment gentlemen. I'm going to have my low boost set at about 8psi for normal driving and my high boost set at 15psi for whatever else I will continue to run race gas to help prevent detonation and protect the engine and because I only drive the car maybe 2- 3 days a week if that.
When I was running 94 octane, I was only running 10psi tops. I dont think its worth running much more than 10psi on 94 or less... too much risk. BTW the dyno was done with a mixture of 116 and 112 octane so lets say I was running 114 octane!
I dont anticipate going to the track anytime soon because my car is still more set up for show than for drag. I have about 500lbs worth of speakers and amps in my custom trunk setup and crapload of other stuff in the car that will make my 1/4 time look crappy.Right now, I think it would be a waste of time for me to do the 1/4 mile...all the weight I'm carrying wont do the type of power that I have any justice. Dont look for slips from me anytime soon.

Deac
Old 05-11-2004, 09:16 PM

Nice work man Oh and on a side note, congrats about the baby, but you know its not safe too safe after 9months right? Get that baby outta there mang.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:01 AM

Thanx

Originally Posted by HitManSE
Nice work man Oh and on a side note, congrats about the baby, but you know its not safe too safe after 9months right? Get that baby outta there mang.

Thanx to all those you offered good wishes on my son and thanx again for all the props and support. Been waiting for numbers like that out of a Max for a looong time.

Deac
Old 05-12-2004, 04:38 AM

Holy Sheet!! almost crap my pants those numbers
Old 05-12-2004, 04:40 AM

are crazy !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Deac
Well,

While my car has been down the past couple of months while I was researching the whole injector situation for 00-01 Max's and we discovered that the 350z injector upgrades will work for the 00-01 Max. So after some trial and error with the injectors, I decided to go RC 370cc. I then had to get th e-manage, profec e-01 and all the harnesses installed, the aeromotive FPR so I could adjust base fuel pressure (got rid of the cartech) and finally I did have a custom full 3" catback installed with an Apexi N1 turbo muffler... (those mufflers are very loud by the way!) I had to buy the silencer for the muffler because it was so loud and I now have 2 resonators installed! Street driving I will have have the silencer in although I'm hearing now that it takes away alot of power.
I'm not sure what the air/fuel and all of that is set at because i was'nt at the dyno like I mentioned but they have all my files in the computer so I'll try to get a more detailed sheet if I can. Also I dont know how to set or tune the e-manage either so I would'nt have been much help even if I was there... thats why I paid to have my car tuned right.
I dont plan on running 14psi everyday guys... lets be serious! This was just for the dyno.... so my engine will be fine. I value my investment gentlemen. I'm going to have my low boost set at about 8psi for normal driving and my high boost set at 15psi for whatever else I will continue to run race gas to help prevent detonation and protect the engine and because I only drive the car maybe 2- 3 days a week if that.
When I was running 94 octane, I was only running 10psi tops. I dont think its worth running much more than 10psi on 94 or less... too much risk. BTW the dyno was done with a mixture of 116 and 112 octane so lets say I was running 114 octane!
I dont anticipate going to the track anytime soon because my car is still more set up for show than for drag. I have about 500lbs worth of speakers and amps in my custom trunk setup and crapload of other stuff in the car that will make my 1/4 time look crappy.Right now, I think it would be a waste of time for me to do the 1/4 mile...all the weight I'm carrying wont do the type of power that I have any justice. Dont look for slips from me anytime soon.

Deac

At least you are honest, Id place that dyno sheet on the window when you are at a show . Good job on the research. It paid off!
Old 05-12-2004, 06:52 AM

If you ran with the shat you have.....you would still be running mad quick.... How heavy is your car with all that stuff inside???
Wonder what it will run without all the stuff.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:56 PM

Damn, I just took a look at this thread, 400hp plus mad torque, dude that is impressive.

Now you'll have 2 babies (btw, congrats Dad) your son and the Turbo, both will be fast, haha.

Good luck with both
Old 05-13-2004, 04:25 AM

Thanx...

Originally Posted by bk2kmax
Damn, I just took a look at this thread, 400hp plus mad torque, dude that is impressive.

Now you'll have 2 babies (btw, congrats Dad) your son and the Turbo, both will be fast, haha.

Good luck with both

Thanx for you the props for my car and my son! Its much appreciated.

As far as doing a 1/4 mile w/all the extra weight in my car, I cant see doing anything better than mid-high 13's if I'm lucky.... but probably high 13s or low 14s.

Deac
Old 05-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I finally saw this thread. congrats on the great dyno numbers.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:35 PM

Thanx...

Originally Posted by 1MAX2NV
I finally saw this thread. congrats on the great dyno numbers.

Thanx man... I'll be looking to make some more power before the summer is done on the stock block! Stay tuned.

Deac
Old 05-18-2004, 02:59 PM

mmmmm.... got boost? hmmm lets see some rice cans push that power on that little boost, with stock internals....