5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Technosquare chip for 2k2?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 08:17 AM

Technosquare chip for 2k2?

How do i go about contacting these people to get info on there product and also product avaliblity. I try to do a search but had no luck. Also if anyone knows what type of gains i could expect that would be great!
Old 05-26-2004, 01:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

http://www.technosquareinc.com/
Old 05-26-2004, 02:30 PM
The Definitive AE Master

a quick search on www.google.com would have found you the answer
Old 05-26-2004, 04:59 PM

Check out the dyno section. Lots of mid low end power gain with only a catback. Gained 9hp/3tq with adding a K&N GAB with the ECU.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:01 PM
mjg

Am I the only one that thinks 600 for them to just reprogram your ECU is ridiculous? I mean damn, that's some expensive software!!!

I guess it's a hustle and everyone needs to make money.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by mjg
Am I the only one that thinks 600 for them to just reprogram your ECU is ridiculous? I mean damn, that's some expensive software!!!

I guess it's a hustle and everyone needs to make money.
I think if it is around $200-300, which IMO is more reasonable. Technosquare would no doubt get more business from us. Flashing an ECU is not that complicated or time consuming since the software had already been programmed and ready for upload.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:29 PM
The Definitive AE Master

i believe they calculate time and cost to develop that program for the maximas. As for the ECU, obviously there will be no significant gains stock. But as your mod list increase, so do the performance benefits from the ECU and the higher rev limit + tuned fuel maps and A/F chart.

like the Z/G35's were losing alot of power adding simple intakes and exhaust from the stock ECU attempting to correct back to stock.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:55 PM

If not many are willing to cash out for what they ask for the upgrade...how in the world will they do business without customers? I think if they lower their asking price, they will have more business thus will be more profitable due to high volume of sales. Not?

Honestly, I did thought about getting it but the gain in performance is minimun if you do not have many mods on your car (like intake or exhaust).
Old 05-26-2004, 09:23 PM

hmmm... i see. Wasn't aware of the cost until now. only mods i have is intake and catback w/ stock muffler. So i guess my best bet is to go with hotshot headers?! Thanks for the input folks!
Old 05-26-2004, 10:34 PM
The Definitive AE Master

btw, its $595 for the Z/G35 and $495 for the maxima.

also another thing that wouldn't make them lower the price is when the org ran a GD for the TS ecu at intro pricing no one really wanted it. And it was at that time below $350 IIRC. So why lower the price even more when you can keep it exclusive for members that actually need the performance gains from a aftermarket ecu

for enthusiasts with money to spend, eventually all those NA bolt ons will only gain you XX amount, then you'll need the TS ecu for tuned fuel maps, VTC, rev limiter, etc
Old 05-27-2004, 02:51 AM

I probably got the ECU a little early but yeah definitely go with the headers first. I am going to have to pay to get it reprogrammed when I get my headers.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Larrio
btw, its $595 for the Z/G35 and $495 for the maxima.

also another thing that wouldn't make them lower the price is when the org ran a GD for the TS ecu at intro pricing no one really wanted it. And it was at that time below $350 IIRC. So why lower the price even more when you can keep it exclusive for members that actually need the performance gains from a aftermarket ecu

for enthusiasts with money to spend, eventually all those NA bolt ons will only gain you XX amount, then you'll need the TS ecu for tuned fuel maps, VTC, rev limiter, etc
FYI: I've been following the Technosquare since it first introduction. I also email them several times in regards to the development. I don't think the introduction price you'd mentioned applied to the 5.5 gen Maxima.

Did you get it? If so, what is your reviews about its benefits (in daily driving) compare to the amount of money invested? Worth it? <curious>
Old 05-27-2004, 09:07 AM
The Definitive AE Master

Originally Posted by VMaximus02
FYI: I've been following the Technosquare since it first introduction. I also email them several times in regards to the development. I don't think the introduction price you'd mentioned applied to the 5.5 gen Maxima.

Did you get it? If so, what is your reviews about its benefits (in daily driving) compare to the amount of money invested? Worth it? <curious>
I'm sure the GD applied to the 5.5 gen maxima because chesbosto set it up after he was done with his Z ecu. He pushed hard for the ECU to be developed for the maximas and alot of ppl fell through, showing once again why not alot of companies makes good products for us.

As for getting it, if you notice I have a 2k1 maxima. There is no ECU out for our cars, but it is currently being developed by TS
Old 05-27-2004, 10:23 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

$495 is the price currently for 5.5th Gen Maximas...
Old 05-27-2004, 10:23 AM

I'm sure the GD applied to the 5.5 gen maxima because chesbosto set it up after he was done with his Z ecu. He pushed hard for the ECU to be developed for the maximas and alot of ppl fell through, showing once again why not alot of companies makes good products for us.

As for getting it, if you notice I have a 2k1 maxima. There is no ECU out for our cars, but it is currently being developed by TS
Is this what you referring to?
https://maxima.org/forums/general-maxima-discussion/264412-nismo-radiator-cap.html

The group deal was only applied to the 4th gen. 95/96...I believe.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:05 PM
The Definitive AE Master

no, this was way back when the ECU was first developed. Chesbosto fought hard for the ECU to be made for the 5.5 gen.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:32 PM

no, this was way back when the ECU was first developed. Chesbosto fought hard for the ECU to be made for the 5.5 gen.
Really? I must be smoking *** 'cause I don't recall seeing it...and here I thought I'd been following this topic from the beginning!

Can you find the link to that thread? Anyone? I would like to know because I hope/believe that my memory is still in tack!
Old 05-27-2004, 07:00 PM
The Definitive AE Master

hmm... seems like your right after all. I was deceived by this thread:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=250541

its about 20 or so pages long
Old 05-28-2004, 03:21 AM
Blu
the tits

Well I had the ECU and lost low end, mid range and gained a little up top from the a/f leaning out. They tuned it for my specific mods and dyno charts I provided. The only way someone is really going to get power from this is getting the car dialed in at technosquares facility. I don't count adding mods after the ECU is installed and gaining power from them as the ECU making more power.

I also spent $100's on dynos and nearly $100 shipping it back and forth to get nothing but excuses. It came down to them telling me that the Maxima isn't made for performance so when I upgrade and start modding I will need colder plugs to see gains . Finally after all the hassle of getting a refund Tadashi (sp) finally spilled the beans and said they could never figure out the Automatic program b/c the car was too inconsistant on the dyno. They just used the 6 speed maps which obviously didn't work for me so I was quite upset to find this out *AFTER* almost $200 was wasted and nothing to show for it.

Now for all the guys thinking that the special ECU gained them all this power...look at your a/f curves before and after. The same gains can be gained from an SAFC tuning the car on the dyno IMO. If you were running 11:1 a/f before and 13:1 a/f after thats why you gained the whopping 5-6hp you're seeing on the dyno. [rant over]
Old 05-28-2004, 04:12 AM

So the only real thing this does, other than lean you out some with out really tuning, is bump the rev limiter up, remove the speed limiter and modify the drive by wire to keep the TB open as you near redline?

Do you think these things plus any benifit us 6sp'ers would see is worth it?

And lastly, did you have them reflash you back or did you keep it?

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
Well I had the ECU and lost low end, mid range and gained a little up top from the a/f leaning out. They tuned it for my specific mods and dyno charts I provided. The only way someone is really going to get power from this is getting the car dialed in at technosquares facility. I don't count adding mods after the ECU is installed and gaining power from them as the ECU making more power.

I also spent $100's on dynos and nearly $100 shipping it back and forth to get nothing but excuses. It came down to them telling me that the Maxima isn't made for performance so when I upgrade and start modding I will need colder plugs to see gains . Finally after all the hassle of getting a refund Tadashi (sp) finally spilled the beans and said they could never figure out the Automatic program b/c the car was too inconsistant on the dyno. They just used the 6 speed maps which obviously didn't work for me so I was quite upset to find this out *AFTER* almost $200 was wasted and nothing to show for it.

Now for all the guys thinking that the special ECU gained them all this power...look at your a/f curves before and after. The same gains can be gained from an SAFC tuning the car on the dyno IMO. If you were running 11:1 a/f before and 13:1 a/f after thats why you gained the whopping 5-6hp you're seeing on the dyno. [rant over]
Old 05-28-2004, 04:40 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by maximaman777
So the only real thing this does, other than lean you out some with out really tuning, is bump the rev limiter up, remove the speed limiter and modify the drive by wire to keep the TB open as you near redline?
Thats all I noticed bc I didnt gain anything were the a/f was untouched and I actually lost a little power.

Do you think these things plus any benifit us 6sp'ers would see is worth it?
Im not really sure...from what I've noticed the more mods I add the leaner the car gets therefor the less power you will gain with the ECU from stock to modded.

And lastly, did you have them reflash you back or did you keep it?
I had it reflashed to the stock program, I didn't think $500 was worth 3-4hp for 1000 rpms myself. The raised rev limiter really isn't benificial for the 02-03 and there power curves and Im not bothered by the speed limiter 130 is fast enough in this car. However I did test it out and hit around 148 before having to back off with no road left.

Matt
Old 05-28-2004, 04:57 AM

Thanks!

The only thing that bothers me is that if the TB really starts closing in our cars at higher revs. That is really power robbing by design and may even be why you showed any gains up top.
But that in it's self is not worth getting this done IMHO.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:17 AM

Guys, keep in mind the TS also offers Limited Spec version for $350. The L-Spec removes the speed limiter, increased the rev limiter to 7100 rpm (which should be useful with SR20's "secret sauce" IM), and fixes the drive by wire situation. This is probably the way I'm going to go unless I can go to CA and get TS to dyno tune my car.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:28 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by 03BlkSETE
Guys, keep in mind the TS also offers Limited Spec version for $350. The L-Spec removes the speed limiter, increased the rev limiter to 7100 rpm (which should be useful with SR20's "secret sause" IM), and fixes the drive by wire situation. This is probably the way I'm going to go unless I can go to CA and get TS to dyno tune my car.
Well I wish they would have had this option when I had mine. I guess they came out with this option after a few complaints from myself and Erik. Hmm I might look into this especially with the IM testing. Is there a link where this is available?
Old 05-28-2004, 06:20 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
Well I wish they would have had this option when I had mine. I guess they came out with this option after a few complaints from myself and Erik. Hmm I might look into this especially with the IM testing. Is there a link where this is available?

Wow...didn't realize they had that particular program! I'm with blu...looks like the the combo to us for us automatics is the Limited Spec TS ECU and SAFC tuning at the dyno.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:27 AM

It would be nice if a group deal is setup for this "limited Spec" version. That is all I really wanted out of the ECU's reprogram. I think $250-300 is more reasonable.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:05 AM

Link to the L-Spec TS flash.

http://www.technosquareinc.com/limited.htm
Old 05-28-2004, 08:44 PM
The Definitive AE Master

i've talked to the guys at TS and they plan to scrap the maxima header program. Supposedly the 2k2-2k3's get to a point in modding where TS isn't able to figure out the ECU adjustment factor with the headers leaning out the A/F
Old 05-29-2004, 05:51 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

i've talked to the guys at TS and they plan to scrap the maxima header program. Supposedly the 2k2-2k3's get to a point in modding where TS isn't able to figure out the ECU adjustment factor with the headers leaning out the A/F

Which is why we can use SAFC or another similar device...