5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

New stereo/trunk pics... also, how can i stop the rattles!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 08:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

New stereo/trunk pics... also, how can i stop the rattles!?

ok, well after thinking about the whole trunk issue, i was really in a bind. i was not sure what i wanted to do... so i didn't do much work to the trunk. i have to give this process a lot more thought then i originaly planned. but for now, i just cust out a floor board, and bolted the amps to the box, and to the floor. i made everything neat except for the crossovers since i will be finding a better spot for them soon. take a look at some pics....

I think it looks rather good, but i want a more custom look when i open up the trunk. as for now, all you see is a plain old box just sitting back there. i would like to build either an amp rack to hold all the amps, and recess them into the floor, or have my 2 mono amps on either side of the trunk (there the jack is located, and the other one will go directly accross from it) and then have the 4ch amp sitting recessed into the floor. i am not sure what i should do.

but that is what i have for now... but now i have all these really annoying rattles. i took apart the rear deck, and removed the stock 7inch bose sub, that helped a little, and i also put some matting in the rear deck to help out as well. but what i realized is that the blunt of the rattles are comming from the support bars for the trunk! (the bars that keep the trunk open.) is there any way i can fi that, or get rid of them all together? thanks... and i will post more pics on the next post.

-Chris
Old 05-27-2004, 08:13 AM

***********MANY MORE PICS ON PAGE 9 OF MY WEBSITE...50+ PICS******

more pics at night....

Old 05-27-2004, 08:17 AM

Wow man, looks hot! I'd recommend adding Dynamat or similar to the bars in the trunk. Also, I'd Dynamat the entire rear deck, especially the seat belt housings. See my site for how-to if needed. Good work!
Old 05-27-2004, 08:32 AM

thanks man. if i dynomat the trunk bars, will it stop the rattles? it seems like it will be hard to dyno mate them since the bars are only 1/2 inch think, and they are round.... the dynomat will probably not sick to it since they are round... but maybe i am wrong. i know i should really do the rear deck, but i am not hearing to much noise from the rear deck. actually my two biggest sources of rattles are:

1.) The bars in the trunk... as soon as i touch them, the back of the car is pure bass.

And surprizingly...

2.) MY REAR VIEW MIRROR!!! it is really odd! i was just dealing with the rattles untill one day i went to adjust the mirror, and all the rattles from the front of the car just stopped! i let go, and it was rattle city again. i really want to fix it, but i do not know how to take it dwon from the windsheild, and also i do not know how to fix the problem. any sugestions on this two? thanks

-Chris

Originally Posted by housecor
Wow man, looks hot! I'd recommend adding Dynamat or similar to the bars in the trunk. Also, I'd Dynamat the entire rear deck, especially the seat belt housings. See my site for how-to if needed. Good work!