5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

TSB / Recalls

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 04:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

TSB / Recalls

I know Nissan Recalls are free

But if you are under warranty are TSB's Free?

And do you need a WHEEL ALIGNMENT If you get a transverse Link Recall Done?

Second how do you find out if the previous owner had the recall done or not?

I have 2 dealerships in conflict, one claims you must have a wheel alignment afterwards and at no cost will do so, but they are out of parts. Another dealer ship Poughkeepsie Nissan claims i do not need it, and are wanting to charge for it.

Please share your thoughts and expericences with me on this.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:17 PM

TSBs are only free when you are under warranty, but recalls are free no matter what. I got a free alternator on my 98 with a 145K on it last year. TSBs are designed to make their life easier when they have to do the work.

Can't help with the other stuff...
Old 07-05-2004, 05:22 PM

Since my nissan maxima is under warranty, i have a million tsb's i am just going to print them out and drop the car off and say hey have fun, hood, automatic door, god knows, and recalls.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:46 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by SKYRockerr
Since my nissan maxima is under warranty, i have a million tsb's i am just going to print them out and drop the car off and say hey have fun, hood, automatic door, god knows, and recalls.
good luck man. if you make an appointment and just hand them the tsbs, they will most likely tell you they could not duplicate any of them. its best to establish a relationship and then they dont mind doing work. look around here how many people get turned away from the dealer with tsb work while they are in warranty. i would not drop everything off at once, maybe just a few important ones and work in the others later. ive never had any problem with tsb work because of my relationship with my dealer. some service depts are just better than others.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:58 PM

You are correct, Nissan Dealers are scum, and worthless, and should be shot, i agree, when i first bought my maxima, the five star super nissan dealer told me , i need to see a body shop to repair my hood rattle / plus air box pipe was not attached for the o2 sensor recall .. and the best one is... i paid for a wheel alignment while, the next week he advised me that it is required with the transverse link recall....... anyhow if i could i would shoot them bloody ... we'll see what the reaction is, but first i'll contact nissan and assign a case number / contact safety commision for the recall .. then we'll take it from there. and its hard to build a relationship with these lying scum... the worse market in the entire us is the car market. and repair and service..
Old 07-05-2004, 06:01 PM

My dealer told me a 4-wheel alignment was part of the fix and gave me the printout when they finished...have them show you (or find yourself) the recall bulletin itself. It specifies an alignment be done after the transverse link swap.

Arff
Old 07-05-2004, 06:47 PM

Your gonna blackball yourself if you bring all the TSB's in. They will only fix your car if they can duplicate the problem.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:48 PM

If you have extended warranty, will the dealer performs the TBS for free?
Old 07-05-2004, 07:29 PM

my dealer told me i have to pay for tsbs and anything regarding hid theft prevention stuff... **** them.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:47 AM

I have a Rattling Hood, My Rear Passenger window has a buzzin sound, my stearling wheel clicks on every turn , my car floats to the right, and the car feels slugish in first gear. well they can duplicate those and hopefully they will fix them. i just want all the repairs done before the warranty expires.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:24 AM

SKY--- If you're lucky---

HOOD - TSB will fix
WIND NOISE - TSB will fix or do it yourself (there's a site that has the instructions..think it's housecor's)
STEERING WHEEL- Haven't heard of b4
FLOATS TO RIGHT - check air pressure, but if you need the TL recall done, a 4-wheel alignment may fix it
SLUGGISH IN 1ST - hesitation when you step on gas? TSB will fix it

Take it in b4 your 3/36 is up.

arff
Old 07-06-2004, 07:02 AM

Steerling Wheel- Makes a click noise when i turn, it sounds like a lose plastic, Its not serious but it is consistant on every turn. I may end up daking the dash panel apart to see whats causing it.

Yes it is sluggish in the first gear, i thought it was the air filter, i changed that. Whats the fix for that? ECM Reset?

I Plan on calling them and droping it off for a few days.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:05 AM

Another Issue is there is a TSB for Wiring Harness Repairs if HID Theft or Stolen, that should cover rewiring installation of HID light wiring harness, is that true, i have TSB printed .
Old 07-06-2004, 07:05 AM

It's an ECM reprogram. http://maxima.theowensfamily.com/tsb/

Check them all out here...

JP
Old 07-06-2004, 07:31 AM

Thanks JP, I am printing as we speak.

But i am still wondering about HID Wiring Harness TSB, that should be covered by NISSAN warranty RIght..

Cause my dealer wanted to charge me $400.00 to install wiring harness.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:34 AM

Yeah, I don't know much about the HID thing...we don't have a theft prob down here (if that's even what it's about)...I've never worried about that one.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:38 AM

I just talked to Nissan / A Random Authorized Nissan Dealer.. According to Nissan, Service Bulletins are Guides , In other words, they were not any help, she basicly said go to the dealer that will do a the alignment. Second on Issues, it all depends on what is covered under the warranty if any of those issues are covered under warranty they should fix it, or they will charge it. so its up to if your dealer likes you enough to fix it.

I am getting the 02 Maxima Warranty Info from nissan from there i will cross reference my current problems then i will visit the dealership and request they fix it. But if someone has a link where i can get the warranty information on 02 maxima se

please assist.

Thanks.