5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

squeaky windows and also im hungry

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 06:23 PM

squeaky windows and also im hungry

my windows recently started squeaking like a **** when i open or close em. im bout to dump a bucket of oil over em just to make em shut up but i wouldnt ever do that to my baby. any suggestions on how to make em stop squeakin. and also im hungry.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:59 PM
Mauja He Mauja

eat mcdonalds and spit the ton of lard on the window tracks
Old 09-18-2004, 07:12 PM
It's business time.

Mine squeak like hell also. There is a lot of rubbing too and it leaves water mark stains when I roll my windows down, I don't like that.

On to the other point, you really need to take care of your hunger. I suggest a Burrito!
Old 09-18-2004, 10:15 PM

This is a common problem with maxima windows. A solution is to go to the dealer and buy a silocone spray. It's about $5. Ive used it and never regretted it. What you want to do is garage your car and open the window that squeaks all the way down and spray the rubber lightly with the straw like tube provided with the spray on the inside portion. Leave it like that for atleast 12 hours and it will dry. The first time you try closing the window it may squeak but smoothly close it and open it and close it and wipe off the grease residue with windex or such.

Hope this helps.

PS. CLEAN THE WINDOW WITH WINDEX BEFORE YOU DO THIS! very important
Old 09-18-2004, 11:15 PM

I think u guys should do it fast cus thats what my windows sounded like and now its just stuck. I know how to fix the problem but lately i havent had the time. I think u should clean the rubber area probably with a q tip. Clean the side rubber part and the bottom and then clean the glass and use wd40 or that silicon spray.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:49 PM

thanks yo...imma try the silicone junk tomorrow n ill let you know how it works n junk.

as far as the hunger thing you guys were all off. it turned out to be a perfect pizza hut night and somehow i got 2 medium pizza's for 8.99, so i ate one of them and saved the other one for later.

then i went outside and cleaned my windows with windex cause i noticed an incredible amount of drag on my car probably cause there was a little smudge on the drivers side window. and by incredible i mean absolutely none. and then i tried to see if the sqeaking went away but it didnt. but that was before i read this post. cause the only thing that needs to be squealing in my car is me at the sheer enjoyment of drivin my car. (-:
Old 09-19-2004, 05:49 AM
It's business time.

Originally Posted by arslaan
cause the only thing that needs to be squealing in my car is me at the sheer enjoyment of drivin my car. (-:

And of course your tires!

Your funny BTW.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:17 PM

yo so i got my car used and i think my car used to have tints and that was the squeaking problem (even though i stil havent fixed or really tried to yet). When i was cleaning the windows with windex, i listened for where on the window the squeaking was loudest--it was the front of the windows. then i noticed some spots of glue in the very obscure front corner of the window. and theres also a small tear in a clear layer over the rear window (and a few of my defroster lines dont work...i just noticed cause it just started gettin frosted up cause of the hurricane).

that is so lame cause im plannin on puttin on tints at some point. urg. anyways time to hit up the other pizza (-:

YESS BREAKFAST!!!