5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Any one with a Cattman Cat Back.....Please step in step in.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Any one with a Cattman Cat Back.....Please step in step in.

I am having my Cattman Catback Installed on Monday. And have heard some people complain about a rattle or something during acceleration. And something about buying some new hangers for the muffler to stop the rattle. Any advice beforeI have it installed or anything I should purchase to bring with me to the install? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Need A Light?

I received my cattman catback today.....and the installation instructions say something about stock muffler hangers won't be able to handle the extra stress of a cattman muffler.....or something like dat....if i find out my muffler rattles during WOT runs then i'm goin to buy NAPA ones suggested in the installation guide....

I would install my exhaust now but I can't since cattman forgot to include o2 sensor plugs for my car....I am cali spec and there are two o2 sensor bungs on my bpipe (going to install headers later).....so I can't install my exhaust until cattman sends me plugs to fill in the two o2 sensor bungs....I hope installation isn't a bi+ch....the whole exhaust is pretty darn heavy and I might have a hard time doing the install myself....
Old 10-21-2004, 03:55 AM

Excellent! Please keep us informed...I'd love to get the same cat-back set up in the near future.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:24 AM

yeah my friend did the cattman and it rattled in the tunnel after the resonator before the axle section, it hits the support that crosses the floor pan from side to side under the rear footwell. It's preventable with shorter hangers, because nissan flattened the stock pipe to fit in there, or you could use high temp diesel exhaust rubber between the support. I have Greddy and it fits perfect, the only thing questionable about my exhaust is the CM resonated test pipe, because it's polished the flanges arent' completely flat, i recommend milling or at least sanding the flanges before you put it together, but don't take too much because there's not much room for error. The stillen Y-pipe is kinda harsh at first, but after its broken in with a few heat cycles it sunds great , especially now it's uncapped, plus the gains above 45 are impressive, and it even gained a bit of torque down low, which I found a bit surprising.